FTA-TV AFL 360 - 2021

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gerard made a statement regarding Robbo at the start of the show.

“Serious health challenges”

Not coming back anytime soon, didn’t sound good.

I wish they wouldn't rotate the panellists in Robbo's absence. Dunstall is clearly the best co-host- pay him what he wants and use him Mon-Wed.

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
I wish they wouldn't rotate the panellists in Robbo's absence. Dunstall is clearly the best co-host- pay him what he wants and use him Mon-Wed.
Dunstall & Gerry work quite well together. Gerry doesn’t present in a condescending way at all with Dunstall. Going forward this is easily the best combo for 360.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Hutchy just made a statement on FC wishing Robbo well on his "serious health battles"

A highly functioning alcoholic who probably also has a diet of meat pies and pizza has 'serious health issues' - well strike me down with a feather..!!!!
From all reports Hutchy's lifestyle is not much different, so he could well be the next one with 'serious health issues'...

Sorry, but those who 'choose to' drink or and/or eat themselves to death, specifically when they can easily afford not to, have little sympathy from me...

And this is coming from someone who has lost two good mates from alcohol related illnesses in the past 12 months...

Last edited:

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A highly functioning alcoholic who probably also has a diet of meat pies and pizza has 'serious health issues' - well strike me down with a feather..!!!!
From all reports Hutchy's lifestyle is not much different, so he could well be the next one with 'serious health issues'...

Sorry, but those who 'choose to' drink or and/or eat themselves to death, specifically when they can easily afford not to, have little sympathy from me...

And this is coming from someone who has lost two good mates from alcohol related illnesses in the past 12 months...

Jesus mate.

How do you know he’s battling something alcohol related?

Very ordinary post before you know any details.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Jesus mate.

How do you know he’s battling something alcohol related?

Very ordinary post before you know any details.

Don't need to know details mate, when the obvious has been clearly visible on our TV's for years and his reputation as a heavy drinker is the worst kept secret in the industry...

And I will also add - you have perhaps been very fortunate in your life if someone close to you has NOT experienced alcohol related issues - and/or was NOT obese and/or has high blood pressure and/or type 2 diabetes and/or has high cholesterol and/or has any other conditions directly related to poor diet...

I would very surprised to learn that his current 'serious health issues' was/is not 'lifestyle' related...

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see who will be the first journo to break the story. The ranks of the ink stained scribes have closed around Robbo.

There are rules for some and rules for others.

In the meantime all the best.

RichLeMonde

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Celtics

“High functioning alcoholic”?

have you watched the show?

I used to rate Dunstall, but after his supposed solution to the draw last week he's a bigger nuff than I thought. I also feel like he has a thinly veiled veneer about him being better than anyone else on the show with him. Might just be my imagination.

Lyon would be a cracking co-host though IMO. Or go younger and get Nick Riewoldt.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I used to rate Dunstall, but after his supposed solution to the draw last week he's a bigger nuff than I thought. I also feel like he has a thinly veiled veneer about him being better than anyone else on the show with him. Might just be my imagination.

Lyon would be a cracking co-host though IMO. Or go younger and get Nick Riewoldt.

Lyon is hosting it tonight

Lyon is hosting it tonight

Yeah I know he's in the rotation - he did Tuesday last week too - just think he'd be a better permanent replacement.

If they like the idea of a journo co-host then Jon Ralph wouldn't be a bad bet. Don't mind Tom Morris either, he does a good job on First Crack and the Fox Footy Podcast.

Issue with them though will be people won't like journos they can't laugh down at and instead will be spiteful because they come across as more upper class.

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney

Alcohol is an addiction just like gambling & drugs. For a lot of alcoholics it’s the addiction that masks other issues in their life. I know because my father was an alcoholic and your attitude of “they choose” belongs back in 1987.

Jeepers.
Way to go playing judge, jury and executioner.

Back