List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus who knows how he comes back from his ACL. We also have Biggie as a development project but he's years away. Miller is one we need to step up when he gets a run at it. One thing we DONT lack is small defenders !
Errrrr Balta's wasn't as acl.Thankfully.

Cerra and Narkle have 8-10 years in them, which might be better than you get from the draft picks

They will not make enough of a difference for us regardless.

Narkle is similar to what we have, Cerra no real point of difference, nice kick but how do we improve?

I get the feeling Cerra thinks this is his apex to get a big salary packet and is selling the option to Vic clubs

Is Cerra going to get any better?? Is he just a link player with a nice kick?

What is Narkle's one wood?

They will not make enough of a difference for us regardless.

Narkle is similar to what we have, Cerra no real point of difference, nice kick but how do we improve?

I get the feeling Cerra thinks this is his apex to get a big salary packet and is selling the option to Vic clubs

Is Cerra going to get any better?? Is he just a link player with a nice kick?
How can you say narkle is similar to what we have when he played what we have and had 8 clearances in 30 minutes while most of what we have had none , I’m no rocket scientist but that sounds like bs to me

There doesn’t appear to be many KPD in the state league’s (maybe the Schlong) to get excited about. No Harry Taylor’s this year.
I suppose we could look at what some other clubs have done and turn a struggling kpf into a defender eg someone like a McStay. But think clubs will be reluctant to trade those types out. Every club wants depth.
Recruiters will have to really earn their keep this year, getting harder to pluck those hidden gems

How can you say narkle is similar to what we have when he played what we have and had 8 clearances in 30 minutes while most of what we have had none , I’m no rocket scientist but that sounds like bs to me

Stats are BS to, it depends on who they are competing against.

If we get Narkle to trade out Prestia you got me

Agree 100%.This years Draft is still full of question marks.Cerra has qualities that we're in badly need of as just as much as an inside mid.His footskills are elite.Outside of Dusty who else is there?
At what Price?A 1st is a no brainer.What else?Well let Blair sort that out.
We desperately need to add some class, well not desperate but when there’s a 21yo available I think we should nail the deal , there’s 8-10y service left in cerra

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We desperately need to add some class, well not desperate but when there’s a 21yo available I think we should nail the deal , there’s 8-10y service left in cerra

Why is Cerra not a big body in his draft who can kick but cannot excel in AFL because he has no X-factor? Class does not mean a nice kick.

If Cerra had 20 percent of a Paul Kelly you might have my attention

As they say in the classics , stats are only bs when they don’t support your point

No one says that but people say opinions are like arseholes or the GC president has been quoted at least.

Its like Cerra is nice because its a convenience rather than actually forming a premiership combination

Its like CFC, Saad has speed in the backline, lets go and get him, and Williams looks quick and went well in a final, lets turn him into a mid when others have not because we are better and our egos say we can

How does Cerra in particular make our team better now and going forward? What are Cerra's traits that improve our combination going forward?

Last edited:
Here's a wild trade scenario.

We trade Caddy, Prestia and Lynch to Melbourne for Melbourne's first round picks in 2021 and 2022 plus extras and we help pay their salaries.

Who would we want back in return to help salaries player wise??

Presita used to go for Melbourne and some say Melbourne lack in the forward line.

I would do that for Oliver to come to Tigerland
Lay off the pipe

We will have to give decent collateral for him if he chooses us.

Our earlier first and a second would be the price.

I’m not familiar with the quality of the draft kids this year but if we can get him and Narkle, and still have a first, two seconds and third rounder this year we will be doing ok.

CCJ has to stay to replace Jack and needs to work on his mobility and Rick craft.

Chol can go (and we take the second round compo for him).
Don't think we would get any compo for Chol

Where do you think West Coast is at in terms of windows?
Closing fast. If you'd asked me at the start of the season, I'd have said the big cliff comes at the end of 2023. I think that's still probably the case but I have my doubts about whether WC have another genuine shot in them even before that deadline. It's been a disappointing few years.

It's annoying because this year looks like one of those flags where a few established teams fall away and some emerging teams that aren't awesome bob up to contend. Geelong are the exception and they look well placed to take advantage. That could have been WC if they weren't so flaky.

Last edited:
Closing fast. If you'd asked me at the start of the season, I'd have said the big cliff comes at the end of 2023. I think that's still probably the case but I have my doubts about whether WC have another genuine shot in them even before that deadline. It's been a disappointing few years.

It's annoying because this year looks like one of those flags where a few established teams fall away and some emerging teams that aren't awesome bob up to contend. Geelong are the exception and they look well placed to take advantage. That could have been WC if they weren't so flaky.
Enjoy the magic joy ride. ;)

Allen is a gun, Darling might have a few more years. Still have a few handy players and some young talent coming through

Lot of young draft talent has been coming from WA in recent years probably because of certain reasons so I do not think you will be out of contention for too long compared to some other teams

Allen is a gun, Darling might have a few more years. Still have a few handy players and some young talent coming through

Lot of young draft talent has been coming from WA in recent years probably because of certain reasons so I do not think you will be out of contention for too long compared to some other teams
The list will still be good enough to expect to play finals but I'm not sure it'll go beyond that.

Here's a wild trade scenario.

We trade Caddy, Prestia and Lynch to Melbourne for Melbourne's first round picks in 2021 and 2022 plus extras and we help pay their salaries.

Who would we want back in return to help salaries player wise??

Presita used to go for Melbourne and some say Melbourne lack in the forward line.

I would do that for Oliver to come to Tigerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back