Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction: What will be handed over this week is a summary of findings.

The full, detailed, review will be submitted shortly thereafter.

Club will know the important stuff this week.

Correction: What will be handed over this week is a summary of findings.

The full, detailed, review will be submitted shortly thereafter.

Club will know the important stuff this week.

Excellent - in that case it should only be a matter of hours now until Tom Browne tells us what the report says.

No to Cerra, he's a nice player and good player but not the right time for us as someone else mentioned.

If anything, I'd be inclined to trade someone like SPS and Fisher (I know its painful but you have to give something up if they're not playing to their potential) in a deal to try manufacture another first round pick this year.

This draft is strong and some very promising footballers. We need to start regenerating the list with constant influx of youth given our last few drafts have so so many question marks that if they don't come on we could fall in a heap pretty quickly (Dow showing good signs but you still have Setterfield, SPS, Fisher, LOB, Kemp injury worry, Charlie, Marchbank, Ramsay, Philp, no key position depth).

Before some start howling down around "too early to tell", "Kemp is flying" etc, I know. But we do need to plan for contingencies if players dont come on or injuries (Marchbank, Curnow, Docherty for e.g.) and putting another 2 picks up for Cerra at this stage after handing over 8 for Saad is not the most optimal decision for us at this point. In worst case scenario if most of those players don't come on or one key plank (say a Mckay / Weitering / Walsh) gets poached through free agency then we will be in trouble very very quickly and looking at another rebuild.

We need to be better than that. We need to be stronger than that. We need to plan ahead and not fall in a heap. Never again to these depths.

Judge them on their output and there's little difference between SPS and Fisher.

Petrevski-Seton's best games however are miles above anything Fisher has produced. So why is Fisher rated as having the higher ceiling?

Because he has pace, something we are still bereft of

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good point. Toby Greene is a massive DHead but I’d have him in a heartbeat.

First player picked in my team everyday of the week, would kill to have him on the list. Out and out

If he was playing midfield in our team he’d be our best midfielder, people easily forget his numbers in his first 2 years as a midfielder were better than Walsh’s. Hed be close to best forward as well.

Just love watching him play and be a complete campaigner doing it

It has to be doesn't it. We can't have recruited that many dumb footballers, could we ?
We do have too many content with their lot, having become AFL players, as opposed to 100% commitment to being the best they can be in a team environment.

Still have Honey, Kemp, Philp, Durdin and co to add to the seniors - if you can add Adam Cerra, a former pick 3 who has developed just as imagined and at a likely discount price - you take it!

Seems aside from Gibcus there isn't much tall talent in the first round near our pick either. There isn't much else you can ask for on the list except that our key position players stay fit! Marchbank, McGovern, Charlie makes us look like a totally different side and they're all in what should be their peaks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously doubt SPS is playing fearfully. He's just struggling to find that balance between avoiding just ball hunting and getting sucked into every contest leaving opponents free, and going when it's his turn.

I think SPS is judged harshly because he's actually playing, so people have to face up to the reality of his output. But Fisher is always injured so he could be anything.

Carlton's is a list full of players who are always injured. I wouldn't rush to trade out one of the few durable players
Anyone that rides bulls & runs onto the ground is not fearful, and i agree with most of the above, I cant understand why our programs haven't resulted into some physical development of players like him.

That is a broad brush painting of a person regarding a matter that was settled two years ago - no interest in going there tbh just mentioned it as I know some on here see it as a reason why Lyon is never to be hired again - another poster linked Lyon and SOS togethere as both being something nasty as far as people go - perhaps an argument can be made that Carlton needs moere nasty- and a liddle less rubbish.

I see what you did there...

Excellent - in that case it should only be a matter of hours now until Tom Browne tells us what the report says.

Pretty much how this stuff works.

Media frenzy coming up whether we like it or not.

Time to see how sealed our lips really are, I suppose.

Because he has pace, something we are still bereft of

We've actually got a number of quick small forwards on the list now though, just haven't seen them in the seniors.

I think Fisher is more tradable than SPS, because the bigger thing our list is bereft of is fit players who can stay fit for a full season. Trade and list management decisions have been made on the basis that Russell can perform miracles, but it turns out that he can't

Pretty much how this stuff works.

Media frenzy coming up whether we like it or not.

Time to see how sealed our lips really are, I suppose.

"It's my understanding..."

"Sources close to the Blues have said..."

"I believe...."

"There are whispers..."

"I have heard..."

Think we'll see every article or opinion begin with one of these kinds of qualifiers, and the information that immediately follows them will be designed to create tension and try to force Carlton to reveal publicise as much as possible to protect ourselves from misinformation.

Curious to see whether we keep our cards close to our chest despite the media fishing expedition, take the bait, or get on the front foot and beat them to the punch.

Does Toby Green pass the no dickhead test?

How about Dusty?

You'd have them in your team every game.

It might actually do us some good to have a couple of those types.
Friends have met Dusty, not a bad bloke by all accounts. Apparently very shy, obvious with his reluctance to do media when it could make him a fortune.

Assuming someone is a dickhead based on the way they compete on field is a bit how ya goin’

I do agree though, I wouldn’t mind a bloke who was a bit more arrogant on field in our side. Cripps when he’s at his arrogant best ripping peoples jumpers and throwing people around is my favourite Cripps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back