Preview Round 20, 2021: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Friday 30th July, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Blues

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see him back, he was about the most exciting forward in the game for a minute, He's had a sh*t time of it. Hopefully he is still as rusty as fu** from his lay off.
Agreed. He is a bloody talented player and I hope he gets a run at it. It sounds like McKay is unlikely to get up so it's a big ask for Curnow to be the main tall in his first game back.

So you're saying you have a different option but infer anyone with a different opinion hysterical and irrational? I'd say if you look at the history of this club the Henny Penny types have probably got it right more than the cheer leaders. This place flip flops by the week, if we have a loss to Carlton everyone will be back on the Ratts hate train and everything will be sh*t again. People will vent and the show will go on. It's all just opinions.

By your own admission you use hyperbole. So yes, some of your more hyperbolic posts are hysterical and irrational. You were bagging Libba relentlessly despite most of your issues being with Trout for example.

The history of the club is largely irrelevant... which is half the problem as too often what happened years ago is used as a reason why things went gone to sh1t earlier this season.

I posted regularly that the list was in good shape when we got all hands on deck (or at least the most important ones). Now they're mostly back we're playing better footy... nowhere near what I think we're capable of mind you. I'm super frustrated with some of the game plan that is holding us back but I'm confident that we've got a very good group off field that are pushing us in the right direction.

So if I'm a cheer leader then it's a label that I'll wear proudly.

Have we confirmed Marshall is available?? No mention of him in the club's "In The Mix" article.

Being at a Tier 1 site, he will need to test negative on Day 13 (which would have been before he left WA, meaning it will be later) AND get the OK from the Department of Health to leave isolation.

It is now Wednesday, and we play on Friday. The whole process may end up being a little more touch-and-go that we would like.

Being at a Tier 1 site, he will need to test negative on Day 13 (which would have been before he left WA, meaning it will be later) AND get the OK from the Department of Health to leave isolation.

It is now Wednesday, and we play on Friday. The whole process may end up being a little more touch-and-go that we would like.

Ratts just confirmed his inclusion at his presser, reported in The Age.

I feel better now. We should wipe these cheating pricks, let's embarrass them in prime time.

Clark is an interesting one - I'd bring him back through Sandy because he always seems to struggle first up.

Higgins in for Kent
Marshall in for Hunter
Highmore in for Clavarino
McKenzie in for Long
I'd really like to see Clav retain his spot, thought he was pretty good. Arguably better defensively than Howard or Wilkie, albeit on a lesser opponent - but you can only play who your playing against.

Also, don't know how Highmore could be recovered from a broken hand in 2 weeks. Especially since his intercept marking is his biggest weapon, might not be good to rush him back if his hand is a bit dodgy.

Saints have had some plain old rotten luck over the years.
I thought we were heading in the right direction with Richo's midfield, not glamorous, but some decent grunt in there, Armitage, Steven, Stevens, with Steele looking promising. Its kind of incredible we lost 3 of those young , while it seems like Geelong and the Cats have players still going who are old enough to be their fathers.

I guess it's the weight of numbers that they get through meant their misses and bad luck don't hurt. Usually it takes 5 years to see your mistakes and at some point they will probably fall over.

By your own admission you use hyperbole. So yes, some of your more hyperbolic posts are hysterical and irrational. You were bagging Libba relentlessly despite most of your issues being with Trout for example.

The history of the club is largely irrelevant... which is half the problem as too often what happened years ago is used as a reason why things went gone to sh1t earlier this season.

I posted regularly that the list was in good shape when we got all hands on deck (or at least the most important ones). Now they're mostly back we're playing better footy... nowhere near what I think we're capable of mind you. I'm super frustrated with some of the game plan that is holding us back but I'm confident that we've got a very good group off field that are pushing us in the right direction.

So if I'm a cheer leader then it's a label that I'll wear proudly.

I never bagged Libba I said he was on notice which I still hope he is, he was the understudy to Trout. You are hyperbolic too so obviously you hold your self to that same standard and recognise it. I have also said we can beat everyone with a full squad....it's just that it's rare you ever get that. The club has obviously realised there was a huge issue with Trout's drafting, they've run a broom through the list he built. It was hardly me being irrational. Hopefully we are on the right path this time but with the same people in charge they shouldn't be left to have another 10 years of free rein before they get shunted.

Interestingly Ratts said Sinclair didn't train but was "managed".

Still wouldn't be surprised to see him miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he's ok. Took a helluva knock
Took a little while last time he had concussion and suffered migraines when he was younger

To be fair to Lloyd he was only ever responding to questions directed at him.

He was asked if he was contacted by Max.

I feel Lloyd genuinely wants Max to succeed
yeah he coached him as a kid of course he has a soft spot for him. Once you're in the media you have to talk about whatever the topic is. Joey and Rooey pot us when we're bad and praise us when we're good. They can't let their prior connection affect that or they'll look like nuffies

jeez imagine if moving the game up a couple days meant we couldn't play Marshall. That would be one of the most unlucky things we've copped all year

Highmore to Big Curnow and punch ten shades of sh*t out of him.

Curnow should have lost his leap and he's not very tall. Highmore hopefully destroys his night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back