Ben Simmons - if he had grown up playing footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Even in the NBA the experts find it hard to find a comparable player to Simmons. He's got size, skills and athleticism.

Hard to predict what he could do in footy - but his upside would be a 6 foot 10 player with the best attributes of Cyril Rioli, Patrick Dangerfield and Scott Pendlebury.

Just can't shoot free throws.

I can envisage him being injured every couple of years and having a stop-start career, wouldn't be as good clearance player as Nic Nat but maybe even more mercurial tapper. Possibly couldn't hit the side of a barn considering his 3pt shooting.

Would be a great ruck, with good follow up skills at ground level and play like having another mid at stoppages and around the ground.
Would be terrible when resting forward and have a lot of niggling injuries over the journey.

I can envisage him being injured every couple of years and having a stop-start career, wouldn't be as good clearance player as Nic Nat but maybe even more mercurial tapper. Possibly couldn't hit the side of a barn considering his 3pt shooting.

Nah, that's Exum I reckon.

Well if Pendles only played some mid level basketball and is a good footballer I'd expect someone good enough to join the top tier of basketball would be the GOAT.
Didn't Josh Jenkins play basketball at a higher level than Pendles?

Obviously athletically, he'd be the best specimen we have ever seen in the AFL.
211 cm 109 kg with measurements that beat anyone in the vertical jump etc and speed and agility for his size is insane.

So he'd have the ahtletic profile, he's obviously highly dextrous and co-ordinated.

Questions would be around game sense, footskills, endurance, how much he could handle the physical stuff, etc.

Theoretically, could be anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who knows but going buy the video the bloke knows how to kick a footy . Patty mills is the one that would have been definitely been a Afl star watch some of his junior football highlights 👍

For all the Buddy Franklin talk and the like of 1.2 million dollar seasons, mills has averaged about 10x that the last 3 seasons 17/18 through to 19/20 seasons. The money difference is huge.

Simmons for the next 4 years of salary in the NBA for a total of 192 million AUD.

For all the Buddy Franklin talk and the like of 1.2 million dollar seasons, mills has averaged about 10x that the last 3 seasons 17/18 through to 19/20 seasons. The money difference is huge.

Simmons for the next 4 years of salary in the NBA for a total of 192 million AUD.
Plus lower tax, more money from endorsements, easy access to In'N'Out burger, longer careers.

Probably been mentioned, but he did play footy. He started playing in U12s I think and won the league bnf the next year as the ruckman or something . At 13 he would have been around 6'-6'1"
Not sure how far he could have gone but let's be honest, with the money differential basketball is the smart choice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back