Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can spent up to 3 hours of my day commuting. I never want to go back to the office, and I think WFH has highlighted how unnecessary offices are for lots of types of work.

I do want lockdowns to end however, but it'd be absolutely foolish to do so before we have a sizeable portion of the population vaccinated. If you want to direct your ire somewhere, do it at the mob who's completely bungled the vaccine rollout.

Australians make the mistake of thinking that because we avoided crazy numbers of cases before, that it's just going to happen again. If covid runs rampant, infections will rise and people will die. Simple as that.

Give me all the "people die everyday", "flu is worse", "vaccines are liquid aids", "lockdowns don't work" you want, I don't care. At some point you have to accept that people wanting to completely reopen right now are being disingenuous or dumb.
3 hour commute would be far from the norm though.

Majority of people live much closer and do so to ensure they don’t waste endless hours a week commuting.

I don’t like the commute much, but it does give me some time to read or do other things.

I’m happy to commute though while it means I can interact face to face with my team and other coworkers. The difference in interactions between remote and in person is massive. I find things far more organic and in person end of month events etc are great opportunities to network. This simply doesn’t happen while you are at home 5 days a week.

I get that some people despise their coworkers or are a bit old and miserable and don’t have much interest in social interactions at work. But in my case and plenty I know this isn’t the case.

Working from home 5 days a week means very little real social interaction other than with your family during the week. I don’t see how that is healthy.

Last edited:
The last three lockdowns in Vic have been far more gentle than the second.
Everyone knows the deal and almost all of us have moderated our behavior to generally comply with the restrictions and for low case numbers it seems to be enough.

GLADYS! however needs to scare the sh*t out of the population to shock them into action (or inaction).
Say what you like about DAN! but during our darkest days nobody and I mean nobody doubted for one second that he would keep tightening the screws until cases dropped.
I still dread to think what the plans for stage 5 were.

The issue with Victoria is that we will be in and out of lockdowns, possibly for the next 12 months. That's unsustainable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taping the balcony doors shut of the NRL families is disgusting and a total disgrace.

Almsot as bad as the filthy media that would be camping outside that hotel 24/7 in the hopes that one NRL player gets some fresh air so they can take a photo and start their fear mongering.

I wonder how many out there secretly just love all these lockdowns simply because they can have a bludge, working at home so they can slack off without the scrutiny or potheads not having to complete obligations to milk welfare. Sitting around on their arse at home every day is what they do anyway so it's a chance to bring society down to their level and feel normal.

Been saying this for months.

Not everyone goes out to the footy, plays a sport or leaves the house to catch up with friends most weeks.

Full time license to be lazy and be the normal ones basically.

I sympathize with people who are frustrated with the lockdowns, but I don't get these comments. Such a broad sweeping opinion based on?

Same reason people shouldn't tell those frustrated with lockdowns to harden the f up, those who are frustrated and angry shouldn't be telling people who are less frustrated, that theyre happy with lockdowns and life is grand.

That's where so much angst is coming from around COVID, the battle of what's more important to people, rather than angry s**t fights.

COVID is a messy situation where no-one will be 100% happy with a particular solutions.

More in than out, even out will never really be out. Put it this way, we won't have a day like the people of WA inside the next 6 months.

How much time have we actually spent in lockdown? Before the one we just exited from, I feel like everything was normal for a long time and you could do pretty much anything. I had family over from interstate, went interstate myself, going to footy, eating out, movies, etc.

Maybe recency bias is making that period seem longer that it was, but I don't feel like we've spent a lot of time locked down this year.

How much time have we actually spent in lockdown? Before the one we just exited from, I feel like everything was normal for a long time and you could do pretty much anything. I had family over from interstate, went interstate myself, going to footy, eating out, movies, etc.

Maybe recency bias is making that period seem longer that it was, but I don't feel like we've spent a lot of time locked down this year.
November - April/May was pretty normal I felt

About four weeks total for 2021.

I think coming in/out though adds mental strain than just doing all of that in one go.

And times like now where we're still restricted, although not officially locked down.

November - April/May was pretty normal I felt
Yeah I agree. Cup week was wierd coz it was impossible to get in anywhere with the density limits, but post that I reckon it hasn’t been too bad

But March-October last year was just so wierd it wasn’t funny. Was like life hit a pause button for 9 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back