Discussion Random Discussion (No Politics, Religion) - SHOW CHIN PASSPORT ON ENTRY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experimental = "lets see if this works "
Two Lab rats were talking
Lab rat no.1. Have you had your Covid vaccine shot yet?
Lab rat no.2. Yeah Nah, I'm waiting for the results of the human trial to come out before I decide.

The vaccines being prepped to treat zika virus among others are mrna and have been in development for years though. The COVID ones were the first to be used but others have been tested for a while now.

Yep, just not long term.

That happens a lot in medicine though. I've got a chronic condition and I'm on a drug called adalimumab which had only been around for about 10 years when I started taking it. There was a pretty solid theory that it would increase cancer risk, but it's good enough for my condition that I made the call to take it. But my condition is non-infectious so that was a decision which mostly only affected me. (Though the drug costs all the rest of you $1000 a month to give me - thanks all!)

Two Lab rats were talking
Lab rat no.1. Have you had your Covid vaccine shot yet?
Lab rat no.2. Yeah Nah, I'm waiting for the results of the human trial to come out before I decide.

Kind of my point was that the Lab Rats HAVE been tested. They know it works.

How's the guy that had COVID at the testing site? Come in without COVID, leave with COVID 😅 Almost like a drive thru McDonald's, come out sicker than you went in lol

Don't post here much but have to say i really feel for the people of NSW.

239 cases and only 81 isolating.

I feel like Gladys and her crew have let this well and truly get away from them.

I know they hate the ALP and Dan and Anastasia and MCGowan but can't they at least listen to Marshall, a Lib who shuts down as hard as any? I am really worried they are facing a disaster that will cripple them health wise and economically.

I friggen hate lockdowns, the last one for me was the toughest by a mile psychologically, but unless they really lockdown they wont be out until Christmas, and it risk another seeding eventin Victoria and more bloody friggen crushing lockdowns.

I feel like Gladys and her crew have let this well and truly get away from them.

I know they hate the ALP and Dan and Anastasia and MCGowan but can't they at least listen to Marshall, a Lib who shuts down as hard as any? I am really worried they are facing a disaster that will cripple them health wise and economically.

I friggen hate lockdowns, the last one for me was the toughest by a mile psychologically, but unless they really lockdown they wont be out until Christmas, and it risk another seeding eventin Victoria and more bloody friggen crushing lockdowns.
NSW is out of control and Gladys put more focus on politicising than getting on top of covid under control.

Only 81 isolating out of 239 is a sign that its going to get worse, much worse in the short term there.
Hopefully the other states put a hard border in place. That includes Vic along the Murray twin towns. The river should be the hard line.

NSW is out of control and Gladys put more focus on politicising than getting on top of covid under control.

Only 81 isolating out of 239 is a sign that its going to get worse, much worse in the short term there.
Hopefully the other states put a hard border in place. That includes Vic along the Murray twin towns. The river should be the hard line.

You can't put a hard border between Albury and Wodonga, Echuca and Moama, Cobram and Barooga, etc - it'll mean people literally can't work and in some cases would barely be able to get food.

If you did checkpoints on the bridges I'd think it would be fine, but they don't seem keen to do that for some reason.

Solid video, and I agree with a lot he says. The thing that frustrates me about it though is that he doesn't address what the other option is. How do we stop hundreds of thousands of people from dying without making sure that basically everyone gets the vaccine?
Solid video, and I agree with a lot he says. The thing that frustrates me about it though is that he doesn't address what the other option is. How do we stop hundreds of thousands of people from dying without making sure that basically everyone gets the vaccine?
I respect a great deal of what he puts forward as valid questions, not just concerning threats to the notion of our 'liberal democracy' but concerning living in general on this 'crazy planet' as he puts it. What i find enjoyable is listening to him quoting the Church as a source of validating his enquiry. These times make for strange and wonderful bedfellows. I love his programs his rants, raves, humor, passion and intellect.

Don't always agree but he makes great points and has brilliant guests often...........but in reference to the criticism that he didn't offer any solutions...I think this video was solely to raise the question itself and elicit responses from his audience...I'm sure he will deal with alternatives in a later edition.

You can't put a hard border between Albury and Wodonga, Echuca and Moama, Cobram and Barooga, etc - it'll mean people literally can't work and in some cases would barely be able to get food.

If you did checkpoints on the bridges I'd think it would be fine, but they don't seem keen to do that for some reason.
The #PMforNSW will provide for the NSW border towns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree but far cheaper for the Vic govt to support the Vic border town folk in this position than to let NSW infect us again.
The #PMforNSW will provide for the NSW border towns

Cool, just what people on the border want to hear: uninformed opinions from a city slicker who has no idea how border towns operate.

Can't help but shake your head at the irony of the NSW government asking to get the army in to enforce lock down on their citizens after openly encouraging the press running the idea of a Victorian dictatorship when we locked down. Like some kind of cruel karma.

Can't help but shake your head at the irony of the NSW government asking to get the army in to enforce lock down on their citizens after openly encouraging the press running the idea of a Victorian dictatorship when we locked down. Like some kind of cruel karma.
So true ..................It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so ****ed up! imagine people wanted to lynch Dan he had the camouflage and rifles in the streets of Melbourne.

Last edited:

spot on.

i remember Gladys continually under-mining and attacking McGowan (who btw was more popular than her) weekly sometimes daily, because she reckon you needed to keep everything open.

said it at the time but i prefer McGowan over Gladys anyday, he at least cares about the people he represents. Gladys clearly only gives a s**t about her political career and the pork barrelling.

Cool, just what people on the border want to hear: uninformed opinions from a city slicker who has no idea how border towns operate.
WTF are you on about. I have over 30 relations at one set of border towns. Last time I checked we were all allowed to have an opinion on here.

Got my water bill recently.
$315.00 in total. We used $58.00 worth of water. The rest was service charges. I feel like I'm getting screwed; except there is no foreplay or happy ending for me afterwards. If they are going to continue to screw me, perhaps they should consider sending a tube of lubricant with each bill.

$315.00 in total. We used $58.00 worth of water. The rest was service charges. I feel like I'm getting screwed; except there is no foreplay or happy ending for me afterwards. If they are going to continue to screw me, perhaps they should consider sending a tube of lubricant with each bill.
My last was $210 and $180 of it was service charges. It's insane. It's even worse being a home owner given you need to pay everything and not just usage as you would if you were renting lol

A few years ago my council took the sewer rates off the Rates notice and onto the water bill. I guess it makes sense, ultimately it doesn’t make it more expensive but perhaps that’s also why your service charges are so high?

A few years ago my council took the sewer rates off the Rates notice and onto the water bill. I guess it makes sense, ultimately it doesn’t make it more expensive but perhaps that’s also why your service charges are so high?
Once a year I get lumped with an annual parks charge of $80 too so that ~$210 bill becomes near on $300.

I would say that's definitely why the service charges are high (all the extra s**t they throw in it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back