Preview Round 20, 2021: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Friday 30th July, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Blues

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus sounds like Clark has been working on his tank!
Dunstan’s been giving him a hand

52bj1sl.jpg

In fairness to Lloyd, he did take a moment to call out what Max was doing right - after the Brisbane game I think - spoke about how his head was back over the ball, wasn't leaning back, shoulders in the right position, etc., which had brought his accuracy back.

Yeah, just caught that (I get things a bit slower here in Ireland) Fair play.

Last edited:
I'm fairly willing to forgive the delay Highmore claiming his place in the side tbh. It's pretty clear that they planned to be running Frawley-Howard-Wilkie as the tall defence axis in Preseason, then took some time both to adjust structure and figure out which one of the other four options was fit and best suited to join Howard and Wilkie after Frawley went down.

So you're saying you have a different option but infer anyone with a different opinion hysterical and irrational? I'd say if you look at the history of this club the Henny Penny types have probably got it right more than the cheer leaders. This place flip flops by the week, if we have a loss to Carlton everyone will be back on the Ratts hate train and everything will be sh*t again. People will vent and the show will go on. It's all just opinions.

It's all George's fault for opening the autopsy at 3 quarter time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton being belted from pillar to post in the media ….sheesh! I suppose it does heap extra pressure on them. Whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen.

Don't apologise for an opinion. Plenty of people give opinions and when proven wrong they don't write an apology letter. Graceless even asking for one. Plenty of people went on about how perfect everything was going for the last 10 years and if they had to acknowledge all their miscalls they'd clog up threads for weeks.

Max has been good since the bye and last game was exceptional. I don't know why there is anything wrong with trying everything possible to improve him. The club gambled and stuck with what they were doing. It was possible no intervention was needed and it was a temporary yips and if Lloyd had come along it would have looked like he'd done some magic.
I wrote my apology letter to the forum and Dunstan a few weeks ago.

jeez imagine if moving the game up a couple days meant we couldn't play Marshall. That would be one of the most unlucky things we've copped all year
Along with all the other unlucky things we have copped.

Carlton being belted from pillar to post in the media ….sheesh! I suppose it does heap extra pressure on them. Whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen.

buDmz1x.jpg

I wrote my apology letter to the forum and Dunstan a few weeks ago.
Nobody ever needs to apologise for getting opinions wrong.

The thing with football is that an expert is someone who gets things wrong less often than the rest of us.
I actually enjoy getting it wrong about Saints players or opinions I have. I get stuff wrong all the time, so does every single person on here. Oh well, too bad, its only footy.

Took a little while last time he had concussion and suffered migraines when he was younger
It’s actually a little bit concerning if he misses another week. He’s had a history of concussions.

We’ve really had terrible luck, without doubt the worst in the AFL when it comes to concussions. We’ve had 4 blokes in Dempster, McCartin, Stevens and Longer all have to give the game away due to concussions. Pierce had issues, McKenzie has had issues, and even Kent this year has had a few setbacks.

Out: Sinclair, Hunter, Coffield, Kent
In: Higgins, Marshall, Highmore, Clark.

If we decide to go back to our old structure in defence with Howard, Wilkie, Highmore the I wouldn’t be surprised to see Clav out for Sharman or Bytel. We always look a marking target short when a ruckman is off the ground. Will also allow us to manage Paddy’s minutes a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back