Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Serious Question.

Would you take on Coniglios contract (heavily front loaded petering around to under $500k by the end) for a 4th rounder?

Are we once bitten, twice shy? Or in our case twice bitten, third time shy?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

While I would be tempted to let him sit at GilWS for the duration! It would might be worth a sneaky look depending on the following:

How he faired during a decent medical? How much of the heavy lifting contract wise we would take on, and most importantly how little it would cost us trade wise?

If all of this was heavily weighted (and I mean heavily!!!)in our favor! I would do it just to watch Cornes vent and to see Ole Gil face!!!!

Blake Schlensog from South Fremantle is an ex Geelong Rookie and is having a great season in the WAFL. Could be the big fella we need in the backline, 199cm, 102Kg and only 20. We need someone that size to play against the King's, Lynch's etc. Might be able to pick him up with a late pick.
was in the mid season draft and no-one took him

Serious Question.

Would you take on Coniglios contract (heavily front loaded petering around to under $500k by the end) for a 4th rounder?

Are we once bitten, twice shy? Or in our case twice bitten, third time shy?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

Coniglio might be a good player, but he didn't cover
himself with glory in the way he shunned us last year.
All set to come to Hawthorn and at the last minute accepted
an AFL offer to stay at GWS.

Compare this to Tom Lynch who had a handshake deal with the
Tigers, then got offered more money from Hawthorn and Collingwood,
but still honoured his commitment to Richmond.

Character counts for a lot in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My dude we are about to finish in the bottom 2.
We don’t need to overpay for a player that is out of contract and wanting to cross across the other side of the continent.

The PSD looms large regardless of whether we verbalize it or not.

If Cerra was to say I want to be at Hawthorne next year, then we simply rock up to trade week and say here’s pick 21 and pick 22*, take it or leave it.

*equivalent to a mid first rounder.
I hope you are right.

I’m strongly opposed to moving Chad on because I think he is culturally very important to our group and the club in regards to our indigenous players and programs.

It also helps that he is still one of the most damaging players with ball in hand.
I am strongly opposed to trading Chad because he is our best offensive player and probably our 2nd/3rd best overall after Mitchell/Sicily.

I hope you are right.
Well, we won’t be trading down from Pick 2 to get someone who is out of contract and that has named us as his preferred destination. That much I can tell you.

If Cerra was to say I want to be at Hawthorne next year, then we simply rock up to trade week and say here’s pick 21 and pick 22*, take it or leave it.

*equivalent to a mid first rounder.

If Cerra was to say "I want to be at Hawthorn" AND we are one of the few teams that can accommodate him financially, and the PSD is right there, say here's pick 21...same as what you gave for Brad Hill.

Absolutely zero interest in Cogs, I had interest when I was half fooled into thinking if we could get him as a FA along with Mitchell back from injury that we could turn from an 11 win team into a top 4 contender. Cogs was also substantially better then and 2 years younger.

I was initially against getting cogs but I am coming around. He is another mid and we are grossly lacking in that area. So if he is cheap ala 4th rounder then i think we do it. He is also a leader of the club and we need leadership with the kids coming in over the next few years

I was initially against getting cogs but I am coming around. He is another mid and we are grossly lacking in that area. So if he is cheap ala 4th rounder then i think we do it. He is also a leader of the club and we need leadership with the kids coming in over the next few years
If he's fit then it's a no-brainer for me. Especially for the mooted 4th & with GilWS covering some of his salary.

The year we hoped to grab him (end of 2019?) he was a jet mid & dangerous when resting forward. And deceptively quick. No idea whether those attributes remain after his knee/foot issues, but if they do... it's gotta be done.

If he's fit then it's a no-brainer for me. Especially for the mooted 4th & with GilWS covering some of his salary.

The year we hoped to grab him (end of 2019?) he was a jet mid & dangerous when resting forward. And deceptively quick. No idea whether those attributes remain after his knee/foot issues, but if they do... it's gotta be done.

The “mooted” 4th round pick was a piss take - not real. If it was, I would still say no. He had his chance and made his bed - no way in the world we should help out GWS with salary cap relief on a player who’s body has been ravaged by injuries

We shouldn’t be trading in anyone over the age if 23 or 24 - especially from GWS

To be honest mate I’m not sure whether you’ve watched the amazon doco from last year but he’s a pretty s**t leader, so I think we just get him in to fill one of the midfield roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back