News Clarko gone - Hawthorn coach exit brought forward to end of 2021 season

Remove this Banner Ad

No way he coaches next year.

Take a year off and let the mystic build around himself and let Carlton flounder even more. Then come in and write his own cheque.

It's not the worst idea either. Jean took some years off before moving to Hawthorn. Matthews likewise with the move to Brisbane. Have a year or five in the media and time your return.

N_KENNETT-200x0.jpg

The prosecution rests its case :p

Vince-Russo-1200x900.jpg

Take a year off and let the mystic build around himself and let Carlton flounder even more. Then come in and write his own cheque.

Wishful thinking, we all know he’s going to coach next year - probably at the Blues.

Also, I think you meant to spell ‘mystique’

Clarko was all class in that presser. What a great operator. Either Carlton, Collingwood or Gold Coast will be bloody lucky to have him…
I don’t for one minute believe he won’t be coaching somewhere else next season…he isn’t going to turn down $1.5m a season, which is what the clubs will offer him…

Jeff Kennett on the other hand- what a disgrace!!! The sooner he’s out our club the better.

Praying Jason Dunstall puts his hand up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton's president is beside himself, driving all around the streets of Box Hill begging (thru texts) Clarko's family for the address to Alistair's home.

Clarkson is going to have a tough time next year coaching Carlton, Port Adelaide, Gold Coast, GWS, Collingwood, Melbourne, St Kilda and West Coast. :oops:
You've never heard of delagating tasks to line coaches?

"This way I get eight pay-cheques"

He's a genius

Reminds me of The last dance with the Bulls.

Kennett is jealous of Clarko and wants him gone to show they can win without Clarko.

Clarko was running the list into the ground, they are looking down the barrel of a 5 year rebuild. Nothing like the bulls.

And the Bulls guy was right, that team was going to get broken up regardless. Maybe 1 year too early at best.

He apparently wants to spend a year in the US, learning from coaches there. But the rationale behind him staying on in 2022 was that with a son in Year 12, he didn't want to do that until 2023. But the Collingwood and Carlton jobs will not be available in 2023 if Carlton join the Pies in pulling the trigger. Only reason I can see him pulling the pin so soon after announcing he would coach on is because he wants one of those jobs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back