Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes, if he asks to leave, he's not re-signing with us but getting to his club through the PSD is something different. There is still a level of choice by the player to go through there. Players of his quality dont go through the PSD to get to their destination and they only ask to a go to a club they know can get the deal done (per every 2nd trade week manager interview ever). 2 2nd round picks is clearly not going to get a deal done
That bit.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Always amazes me with posters under rating players that they wont at their clubs until they arrive and then they are stars. Would love Cerra at North tracking really well in my opinion. Going to be a REALLY solid player probably all ready is actually.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
If Cerra does want out and nominates Hawthorn, Freo should ask for nothing less than the Hawks FRP or let him walk to North in the PSD, who will snap him.

Aside from the fact I still think he stays at Freo, reckon the Dockers need to make a hardliners stance here, like the Suns did with Martin a few years ago. An aging Tom Mitchell on a 900 K P/A deal plus a 2nd round pick will not cut the mustard.

Richmond and Shai Bolton are intriguing to me..
Freo could do will for a straight swap in that scenario (plus possibly ask for a 2nd rounder from Richmond)

Freo need to hold their nerve and be resolute like they were with Weller and The Suns.

The Dockers could tidy up here rather nicely if they stick to their guns if Cerra wants out.

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If Cerra does want out and nominates Hawthorn, Freo should ask for nothing less than the Hawks FRP or let him walk to North in the PSD, who will snap him.

Aside from the fact I still think he stays at Freo, reckon the Dockers need to make a hardliners stance here, like the Suns did with Martin a few years ago. An aging Tom Mitchell on a 900 K P/A deal plus a 2nd round pick will not cut the mustard.

Freo could do will for a straight swap in that scenario (plus possibly ask for a 2nd rounder from Richmond)

Freo need to hold their nerve and be resolute like they were with Weller and The Suns.

The Dockers could tidy up here rather nicely if they stick to their guns if Cerra wants out.
If freo demand pick 2 he goes to North. He’s not worth that.

And there is no way tigers will add to Bolton in a swap. There value is pretty similar, with Bolton maybe just ahead.

No club will do a suns.

WalshistheGOAT

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm not a North or Hawthorn fan, but Martin and Hately have gone in the PSD the last two years.

One was a million dollar signing and the other was a first round talent only two years into his career.

I think we WILL see this more often, as bottom teams recognise they need to use every tool available to them to improve rapidly.

Will players choose those clubs? That's the bigger question.
Hately left for money and Martin tried requesting to leave twice and was denied. Cerra has a great contract on offer from Freo and the only reason he may want to leave is to get home. That means he would be open to most Vic clubs, including ones who would offer a decent trade for Freo

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry mate but channel 7 here in WA is evil. Big reason why Yarran committed suicide.
Yarran was a s**t bag . Broke into houses and him and his mates mercilessly beat a poor father who was just trying to protect his wife and kids .

4 of them with weapons !

Didn't he also beat his missus ?

Channel 7 really had to stalk him didn't they !

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Let looks into this claim a bit. What can you get with picks 5, 6 and 7. Why 5, 6 and 7 because I think it provides enough space to take into account a club preferring someone else at the pick. So, what can you expect at pick 5,6 and 7.

I've tried to be impartial as possible which is difficult when Cerra is still so young but I've done my best to assign a ranking. I'd argue red is definitively worse then Cerra with no chance of that changing, yellow is close enough at this stage that its comparable and green he has no chance of catching.

View attachment 1190255

So with my ranking, you have 7% chance of getting someone definitely better than Cerra at pick but a whopping 48% chance of getting someone worse. If you apply this, you should be willing to hand over pick 5 every day of the week for Cerra because there is a 48% chance you get a dud
Scrimshaw isn't a "def worse" more a too early/tracking in line.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Yarran was a sh*t bag . Broke into houses and him and his mates mercilessly beat a poor father who was just trying to protect his wife and kids .

4 of them with weapons !

Didn't he also beat his missus ?

Channel 7 really had to stalk him didn't they !
Liam Ryan beat up his missus and a tree and is still playing so what’s the difference?

Inzy7

Debutant
Sep 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
How good is this kid?? i dont watch enough Freo games to get a true gauge on how good he is. whats his pros and cons??

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers

No guarantee the Hawks don’t end up with the spoon, also the Hawks just are not trading that pick. They can offer a fair package without it being involved.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Yeah cool, just like Neale was when he was traded away from us. This is all like clockwork for me.
What? Cerra is 21.

Neale was 25 and VERY proven when he was traded.

And you'll probably get similar trade return to what you got for Neale. You're just getting it more for potential this time.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Hately left for money and Martin tried requesting to leave twice and was denied. Cerra has a great contract on offer from Freo and the only reason he may want to leave is to get home. That means he would be open to most Vic clubs, including ones who would offer a decent trade for Freo

Hately left to come home and get opportunity. Money had zero to do with it.

Cerra wants to be in Melbourne and not WA. Fair enough.

But he's not going to just go to a random club. He's going to choose one and they'll work out a path to get him to the club. Hopefully that will be by paying fair value in a trade.

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
No Neale was playing at a much much higher level…
What? Cerra is 21.

Neale was 25 and VERY proven when he was traded.

And you'll probably get similar trade return to what you got for Neale. You're just getting it more for potential this time.
I never said Cerra is playing at the same level Neale was. I said that people talked Neale down and are talking Cerra down now. Both times out of ignorance due to lack of exposure to eastern states audiences. In Neale's case everyone seemed surprised when he was all of a sudden a bronlow contender. Thay didn't surprise Freo fans though. Something similar will happen to Cerra if he leaves us this year.

And by the way, Cerra's first 3 years in the AFL have been much better than Neale's first 3 years.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
I never said Cerra is playing at the same level Neale was. I said that people talked Neale down and are talking Cerra down now. Both times out of ignorance due to lack of exposure to eastern states audiences. In Neale's case everyone seemed surprised when he was all of a sudden a bronlow contender. Thay didn't surprise Freo fans though. Something similar will happen to Cerra if he leaves us this year.

And by the way, Cerra's first 3 years in the AFL have been much better than Neale's first 3 years.
This is rubbish, moving to Brisbane made Neale more mainstream?

The comparison is silly, people know about and have watched Cerra. Just because people don't agree with where you rate him doesn't mean it comes from a place of ignorance.

Cerra is good young player tracking to be a very good mid for the next 10 years. I am yet to see him display qualities that project him to be a star of the comp.

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal

The comparison is silly, people know about and have watched Cerra. Just because people don't agree with where you rate him doesn't mean it comes from a place of ignorance.

Cerra is good young player tracking to be a very good mid for the next 10 years. I am yet to see him display qualities that project him to be a star of the comp.
Tbh it kind of does. We're the worst broadcast team in the competition and have been for years, which means our players get continually undervalued during trade time. Again this was evident to all of us during the Neale trade and is just as evident now. I don't blame you though as it's hard to get a true gauge of a player when you've only just started paying attention to him. I for one don't see anyone on Hawthorn's list who comes close to matching Cerra's value but at least I know it's because I haven't watched alot of them this year.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

In 2016 Neale broke the AFL record for most possessions in an AFL/VFL season and got basically zero credit for it. He wasn't even an All Australian. That was the year that Fyfe was out with a broken leg.

The next year Tom Michell did similar and won a Brownlow.

Please don't tell me it was because of Mitchell's possessions being more damaging as well.

Back