Preview GWS v. Port R20 - Sunday 1 Aug 2021, Marvel, 6:10 Eastern

Remove this Banner Ad

Qld lockdown, would mean GWS need to fly to Vic I imagine?

The LGAs are as follows; Brisbane City, Moreton Bay Regional Council, Gold Coast, Ipswich, Lockyer Valley Regional Council, Logan City, Noosa Shire Council, Redland City, Scenic Rim Regional Council, Somerset Regional Council and Sunshine Coast Regional Council. All professional sport stopped (AFL/NRL).

Just get gws on a plane to Melbourne and play the game at marvel or the MCG ffs. Now we will be ****ed over by some 4 day break bullshit if the game is postponed.

The plan to fly from Vic to GC to Adel was always fraught with crazy risks. Especially with the conditions we'll have to abide by when back here. A mini Melbourne outbreak would screw us completely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris on Fox Footy saying they're trying to get GWS an exemption to fly to Melbourne and play the game at Emptyhad tomorrow.

This would be a good result I reckon. We're already there, it would * GWS around and shouldn't effect our ability to fly home tomorrow night and have a 6 day breaks at home ready for the Showdown next week.

I think it'd be too short notice to get the teams out of Queensland. I think just move the game to the pre-finals bye, maybe it'll give us an edge in the first Qualifier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back