Game Day Round 20, 2021 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stand by my comments that our premiership hopes were gone the moment Cam went down before round 1. We needed to bring in another midfielder last year but when we didn’t we thought Cam would be that game breaker in there.

I waivered after the Cats game and thought we might be a show. Eric went down the week later, as well as Adams (who has been a bigger loss than we thought) and that’s all she wrote.

Please, please, please address the midfield issue this off season. Please also address the third forward role we now need to replace.

It is not coincidence or bad luck that teams we come up against have their best game of the season against us lately, we are not shutting them down.
We are giving the opposition so much uncontested ball the last few weeks. Coming up against the Lions must be such a confidence booster for teams at the moment.

Can somebody explain to me how we go from the team that demolishes Geelong 6 weeks ago, to the team getting rolled week after week by bottom 8 sides? I just can't get my head around how bad we've become. We've played 2 decent quarters in the last 4 games. It's ******* unbelievable.
I ask myself that too .
What on earth has happened to us .

Non existent pressure today , very disappointed .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is total rubbish . How can we slide this badly in a month , gotta be a problem in the team , carnt blame injury must be attitude. Hippy was a loss but not this big

I think the boys got in front of themselves after the big win against the Cats, then the comeback against the Suns reinforced that we can just turn it on when we want to, very hard to get out of that cocky mindset, if you're 5% off or take a win for granted in this competition you get embarrassed quickly.

Cos I didn’t think any individual player deserved a thread based on the whole team being out of form.

Because Oscar is essentially our entire ruck division at the moment.

An underperforming ruck is a much bigger structural impediment than one small forward out of form.

As always, that thread is a honeypot of poor reading comprehension.

In any case, I have been critical of Charlie as well.

Jarrod Berry is an absolute liability

Worse than the first quarter. Nobody standing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back