Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly Macrae was the young player I was most impressed with. While his kicking was poor he kept finding the ball and also kept going in hard. Given we lost Pendlebury early, Adams was limited in the second half and Port Adelaide have a really powerful midfield I was very encouraged with his game.

Good 1st Half and 2 Moments of Total Class.

1 in the 1st Qtr when he saw an Open Man on the Right that was by himself.

The Lovely kick on his Left that set up a goal early in the 2nd Qtr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a similar game to Henry a few weeks ago, I thought. Finally got some footy on his terms and showed real glimpses.

Hopefully in these last 3 games we can see him stamp further, but if not even the little bit we've seen will be tantalising for next year, and beyond.

Yep the belief game. The kid has two weeks in a row now where he’s accumulated the ball but this week the disposal went up a notch.

Starting to believe he belongs and can play at the level just like Henry did against the Tigers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Improving - continuity at the level is critical.

He did a good job yesterday and should play out the season.

Agree!

If Pendles is out for the season, leave Finn in there until he looks like he needs a break, if at all.

Agree!

If Pendles is out for the season, leave Finn in there until he looks like he needs a break, if at all.
You know for all the heartache losing the likes of roughy, pendles and moore has brought and the mess it has made of the season it has given us an unparalleled opportunity to look at the young men we are pinning our future hopes on.

So far they have stood up.

Very encouraging early signs, great vision, and ball use and will only continue to get better. Just needs to build an AFL body and start to get his hands on it a bit more, which will come you feel.

Last edited:
His brother couldn’t kick like that on his opposite foot when he started, (probably still can’t).

I recall Jackson being on record as saying that Finlay was better than he was at U18?

To be honest if Finlay developed into even only an 80%-version of his older brother then we will still have a very good midfielder on our hands for the next decade and change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back