Gladys Berejiklian in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had heard that food courts and the like were still open but didnt believe it, looks-like they still are
someone or some family has worked 10 straight days at this restaurant 6AM -10pm at Campsie (Clenton Park shopping centre)

That is not a shopping centre
It's a shopping village. It's not enclosed.
There is no food court.
Clemton Park shopping centre is on the border of Clemton Park and Campsie. But its on the Campsie side.
Although somehow the Coles there somehow thinks its address is in the suburb of Clemton Park as opposed to Campsie.
Might have got approval from Council to do that.
The Japanese Restaurant there you talk of opens out onto a large open air courtyard.
All the restaurants there do lots of uber/menulog etc delivery stuff and have lots of business from online orders and walk in takeaways from the 750 appartments surrounding it that were built not long ago, and where the shopping village is in the middle of.

The Japanese restaurant is next to the Priceline Chemist that was on the casual contacts alert list a few weeks ago, almost opposite the Crazy Nonna Italian restaurant/take-away that had an infected staff member working there last weekend and was on the close contact alerts, and about 80m from the Coles that has been on the casual contact alerts list 3 times in the last approx. 3 weeks .

There are shared toilets just off the courtyard that could be a point of transmission, as they are open to the public and the only toilets for many of the shop staff and food delivery ppl to use.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about single councils, but multiple councils adjacent to each other (which is case in Western Sydney) divided by main roads or other natural features. Andrews last year should have closed off the Western and Northern suburbs from the rest of Melbourne, where the overwhelming number of cases where appearing, using the Yarra River or other main highways as boundary points.

Disaster Boy didn't though because it wasn't politically palatable for Labor as it relies heavily on migrant voters to win seats in the West and North of Melbourne and any decision that can potentially upset this demographic could cost them those votes.

Hence why he initially blamed all Melburnians (when it was mainly migrant workers and his ineptitude in hiring them that was ultimately responsible for the virus spreading in June of 2020) and then waited months until he had no other choice but to lockdown all of Melbourne instead.

We did local lockdowns. It didn’t work. People got their declarations (much tighter requirements than NSW) and they passed through police roadblocks.

My prediction is Burwood.
If Rockdale had not amalgamated with Botany to form Bayside LGA, I'd have Rockdale on equal footing with Burwood.
As the Campsie multi-venue outbreak testing, test results and contact tracing wash through, I think there will be a bit of shock at how many are infected from this that worked at, lived in, or shopped at Campsie in the last few weeks.

Burwood, Stratfield and Bayside get a mention here in a must read analysis.

'When we ran MACROMOD using trends in individual Local Health Authorities, it predicted that by this Friday, 5 August, Sydney will record about 570 cases per day. This is the result of stable or falling daily cases in south west Sydney Local Health District (LHD) being exceeded by rising cases elsewhere. It takes about a week before new controls have an effect, so we don’t expect new restrictions announced on 30 July to kick in until at least 7 August.
Furthermore, unless new controls introduced on 28 and 30 July or in the future (eg. LGAs that develop large case numbers are included in the tighter controls) have a major impact, our model projects that Sydney will have about 7700 cases per day 4 weeks from now.'

'the adjacent LGAs of Burwood and Strathfield (west of the CBD) had higher incidences per capita during 19–26 July than either Parramatta and Campbelltown (Table 1), and Bayside (SW of Sydney Airport) had a higher rate than the adjacent LGA of Georges River, but have not yet been included in the more stringent restrictions.'

'We recommend implementing more consistent stringent restrictions, akin to those announced for the 8 high-priority LGAs, uniformly across Sydney.'

Berejiklian reminds me fair bit of Theresa May - someone that's tried to model themselves on Margaret Thatcher but without any of the intestinal fortitude to lead or make hard decisions.

Also, similiar to May (and Thatcher) she seems oblivious to how dispensable she is to the powerbrokers who allowed to her be ''leader'' in the first place. All of her posing as the 'leader who saved Australia' gave her this hubris of invincibility, but she was always a couple of false moves away from being disowned by the Federal govt (wholly owned subsidiary of Murdoch media).

Her disgraceful behaviour and gaslighting (including continuing to deride other states) since this Sydney wave began give me the impression of vacuous, spiteful person. But most concerning - another Liberal who has no business being a leader.

I think you’re probably right but perhaps another view is who is Gladys the Premier of? Judging by her PR work with the twits on fm radio - I don’t think she’s the Premier of south western Sydney, but more likely the Estern Suburb, The Shire & The Northern Beaches

but she doesn't make decisions based on electoral calculus?

You're probably projecting here. I'm not interested in being involved with political parties as I'd had to sacrifice and renounce my own core beliefs (which align with neither Labor or the Liberals) in order to fit in.

I'm the closest to a centrist on this board as you can get. Certainly I'm no fanboi of either party unlike many posters here who can't stop bad mouthing one or the other, particularly the Liberals.

so you're trying the both sides bullshit now?

roll out with the Disaster Dan crap, but suddenly you're impartial.

Pull the other one, it plays Uber alles.

You're probably projecting here. I'm not interested in being involved with political parties as I'd had to sacrifice and renounce my own core beliefs (which align with neither Labor or the Liberals) in order to fit in.

I'm the closest to a centrist on this board as you can get. Certainly I'm no fanboi of either party unlike many posters here who can't stop bad mouthing one or the other, particularly the Liberals.

Pauline Hanson is not a centrist.

Berejiklian reminds me fair bit of Theresa May - someone that's tried to model themselves on Margaret Thatcher but without any of the intestinal fortitude to lead or make hard decisions.

Also, similiar to May (and Thatcher) she seems oblivious to how dispensable she is to the powerbrokers who allowed to her be ''leader'' in the first place. All of her posing as the 'leader who saved Australia' gave her this hubris of invincibility, but she was always a couple of false moves away from being disowned by the Federal govt (wholly owned subsidiary of Murdoch media).

Her disgraceful behaviour and gaslighting (including continuing to deride other states) since this Sydney wave began give me the impression of vacuous, spiteful person. But most concerning - another Liberal who has no business being a leader.

Until recently, I would have described Thatcher as the most divisive figure in post war western history.
She was never popular outside the tory base, and the Alan Sugar aspirationals; except for the period immediately before and after the Falklands.

Anyone who attempts to model themselves on her are reaching back in time to an illusion.

She was no leader, just someone who actively pitted people against each other in order to consolidate her own position.

"Enemy within..." ring any bells?

Until recently, I would have described Thatcher as the most divisive figure in post war western history.
She was never popular outside the tory base, and the Alan Sugar aspirationals; except for the period immediately before and after the Falklands.

Anyone who attempts to model themselves on her are reaching back in time to an illusion.

She was no leader, just someone who actively pitted people against each other in order to consolidate her own position.
That's right. If thousands of working class people have massive street parties when you die, it means you are hated.
She also had blood on her hands with 12 Irish dead on hunger strikes she could of stopped.
She also supported apartheid South Africa longer than anyone ..' Margaret Thatcher believed South Africa should be a “whites-only state”, it has been reported.

The former head of the Diplomatic Service, Sir Patrick Wright, has made a number of explosive claims in his account of the former Prime Minister’s time in office.

Sir Patrick also said that Ms Thatcher “loathed” Germans and wanted to “push” Vietnamese boat people into the sea.'

That's right. If thousands of working class people have massive street parties when you die, it means you are hated.
She also had blood on her hands with 12 Irish dead on hunger strikes she could of stopped.
She also supported apartheid South Africa longer than anyone ..' Margaret Thatcher believed South Africa should be a “whites-only state”, it has been reported.

The former head of the Diplomatic Service, Sir Patrick Wright, has made a number of explosive claims in his account of the former Prime Minister’s time in office.

Sir Patrick also said that Ms Thatcher “loathed” Germans and wanted to “push” Vietnamese boat people into the sea.'

she was no hero... nor leader.

Her entire persona was crafted. On occasion of high stress you could hear Lincolnshire rather than the home counties.

That 's all true, but the thing you are missing is that she triggered Leftys, so all good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1627860914870.png
1627860937917.png

This is like watching the slowest train crash happening in front of your very eyes.

As every other country has shown, high vaccination rates haven't dropped case numbers, just hospitalisations. Every other state in Aus only cares about case numbers as they drive lockdowns. Kind of seems like NSW are happy to let it rip and live in their own bubble cut off from the rest of Australia and NZ.

Apart from Malta, only Israel has hit more than 60%. All roads are pointing to a very long mockdown.

1627861251988.png

View attachment 1193890
View attachment 1193891

This is like watching the slowest train crash happening in front of your very eyes.

As every other country has shown, high vaccination rates haven't dropped case numbers, just hospitalisations. Every other state in Aus only cares about case numbers as they drive lockdowns. Kind of seems like NSW are happy to let it rip and live in their own bubble cut off from the rest of Australia and NZ.

Apart from Malta, only Israel has hit more than 60%. All roads are pointing to a very long mockdown.

View attachment 1193894
Watch how quickly after they hit 70% they start the whining about opening state borders to them.

watch how pitifully few f#%^s mcgowan gives…..

so glad to have nt and sa as a buffer zone right now.

so sorry for vic and qld but.

Maybe for everyone that is vaccinated in NSW, those vaccinated get some $$$$.
The more people get vaccinated, the more $$$$ everyone gets.
Those with a current income >x$ get to donate their $$$$ from this to pool of $$$$ that get's distributed to people in NSW in dire need of additional $$$$

Furthermore, unless new controls introduced on 28 and 30 July or in the future (eg. LGAs that develop large case numbers are included in the tighter controls) have a major impact, our model projects that Sydney will have about 7700 cases per day 4 weeks from now.'

That would be disastrous.

Ding Dong!!!

Are Gladys and Scott praying that QLD lose control of their current Delta outbreak, to prove that even if NSW had locked down shorter and sharper, that this NSW outbreak would still have happened to some greater degree?

(QLD had another 13 locally acquired cases reported in the latest 24 hours)

Are Gladys and Scott praying that QLD lose control of their current Delta outbreak, to prove that even if NSW had locked down shorter and sharper, that this NSW outbreak would still have happened to some greater degree?

They're hoping people have short memories, or that there's another Tampa or 9/11 just before the next election.

View attachment 1193890
View attachment 1193891

View attachment 1193894
Canada, like Australia started late but exploded. Just makes you think what could have been.

(QLD had another 13 locally acquired cases reported in the latest 24 hours)

That will rise rapidly in the next week or so.

Enter Mickaelia Cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back