Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neale will make it as a very good ruck if they play him there in the VFL. Won't make it as a forward.

I don't rate Cooper. Not seeing it. Fumbles to much.

I wasn't happy with SDK when we drafted him but have changed my mind as he has developed. Could be anything.

Holmes lacks x-factor and is a little soft. Think he will be a B Grade, part of midfield rotation as he is a good runner.

Clark is the frustrating one. Think he is our most talented developing small but hasn't come on. I hope we keep him.

Brownless won't make it.

Stevens 50/50

Krueger solid depth at worst

Evans will be a solid reliable small forward and should play 150+ games

I think we are lacking a little star quality in our young midfielder coming through.
1627875660654.gif

Neale will make it as a very good ruck if they play him there in the VFL. Won't make it as a forward.

I don't rate Cooper. Not seeing it. Fumbles to much.

I wasn't happy with SDK when we drafted him but have changed my mind as he has developed. Could be anything.

Holmes lacks x-factor and is a little soft. Think he will be a B Grade, part of midfield rotation as he is a good runner.

Clark is the frustrating one. Think he is our most talented developing small but hasn't come on. I hope we keep him.

Brownless won't make it.

Stevens 50/50

Krueger solid depth at worst

Evans will be a solid reliable small forward and should play 150+ games

I think we are lacking a little star quality in our young midfielder coming through.

The odds probably favour a conservative call on players drafted ... but I think the Simpson and Guthrie situation shows that if the club likes them they will get time.

If we had to guess.. will each drafted player play 50 games for Geelong? I'd probably say yes yet history says not every player makes it to that level.

I'd say CooperS and Holmes will both play 50 games for us. Anything less than that would be a failure for the pick used to draft them.

Last edited:

I think you're way to judgemental on Cooper Stephens and Holmes, both have a ton of upside and need time to mature, but they both look to have great fundamentals to succeed imo.
Do you see either of them getting to Cam Guthrie current level? Thats A Grade. I see Holmes as a level below that as a good but not great midfielder.

If cooper was to turn into a 20 touches 1-1.5 goals a game player that would be a good outcome and would mean a Josh Caddy level of player.

Do you see either of them getting to Cam Guthrie current level? Thats A Grade. I see Holmes as a level below that as a good but not great midfielder.

If cooper was to turn into a 20 touches 1-1.5 goals a game player that would be a good outcome and would mean a Josh Caddy level of player.
I suppose Cam has been A grade since he was 19 also? Or are we judging year 8 kids by their ability to pass year 12 exams?

For whatever it's worth, Jeremy Cameron gave Cooper a huge and unprompted pump up while chatting on his Twitch stream. Reckons he is always busting a gut in rehab (which he says is hard to "maintain the rage" when nobody else is around) and has him pegged as a gun in the making. Of course he could just be saying nice things about a young teammate, but he bought it up of his own accord after spending a few rehab sessions with Cooper.

Did you see Cam Guthrie getting to Cam Guthrie's current level? Even three years ago, let alone in his first or second season?

To be clear, I don't like that outcome at all, but with our aged recruiting, we are seriously gambling with our future. If we lose Clark, Narkle and Constable we will get very thin in the talented youngster stakes.

narkle and constable aren’t youngsters, narkle is 24 end of this year, that’s prime for a mid. Constable is 22 turning 23 next season, so hardly youth either. Surely these are now mature footballers who should no be classified into the young basket??

our midfield youth is cooper, holmes, Clark, and then nothing really.. the cupboard is very bare.

definitely a drafting need.

Did you see Cam Guthrie getting to Cam Guthrie's current level? Even three years ago, let alone in his first or second season?

I remember his couple of games on Dusty in 2017 and thinking "finally, we've found a role Guth's pretty damned good at". Thought he'd be a decent mid and a good tagger for the rest of his career. Happily, I was way off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Instead of snarky 5 year old memes, how about you add some value to this forum and respond to what you disagree with
Pretty much everything you said, even the part when you said you think Evans will be a 150 gamer yet you have bloke who have shown more and don’t think they’re any good.
I was going to bold parts that I disagreed with but the more I read the more the entire thing was looking like it would all be in Bold.
Only thing we’re in agreeance over is I don’t see what all the hype over Stevens is about.
But I’ll cut him some slack as he’s a first year player

Plenty of elite runners aren’t natural footballers, think Holmes might be both. Looks to be a very good decision maker in heavy traffic, an awesome trait for a young player.

I definitely hope he will develop into an inside mid that can burst from a pack rather than a wing that a few people have him pegged as on this thread.

I'm not saying this is true... Remember Tom Brown gets his rumours from here...
My mate told me today, he has a mate with with both clubs ( Hawthorn, Geelong ) his saying Geelong is interested in Chad Wingard, and yes I know he is contracted, but I'm just saying what I herd...

My mate told me today, he has a mate with with both clubs ( Hawthorn, Geelong ) his saying Geelong is interested in Chad Wingard, and yes I know he is contracted, but I'm just saying what I herd...
And according to stuff on the rumours board Wingard is interested in moving back to SA - maybe Browne has been reading BF and got things confused

I'd be stunned if we had the slightest interest in him.

Please god no.

I'd be stunned if we had the slightest interest in him.

My preference would be no. It would not surprise me that much when you look at his numbers... 28 , 191 games ..good foot skills ... sort of fits who we have recruited. . Smith would have to be involved if it were to happen.

Id prefer not ... but just as a talking point ... at what cost and who does he replace?

Have to cost us a R2 and would he replace Higgins? Or does someone else get pushed out? Watching him play yesterday , he has more left in the tank than Higgins...but attitude....

He never has seemed to be the type of player the Scott likes. Can you see him be D focused? He kick goals and maybe after Cameron we have worked out its seems something we have we need to do.

Who knows these days. We do not seem to like that new car smell, we like K's on the clock and seats worn in.

Contracted but thats probably an advantage if Haw want him out and they want to play kids.

Doesn’t pass the no dickheads policy.

My preference would be no. It would not surprise me that much when you look at his numbers... 28 , 191 games ..good foot skills ... sort of fits who we have recruited. . Smith would have to be involved if it were to happen.

Id prefer not ... but just as a talking point ... at what cost and who does he replace?

Have to cost us a R2 and would he replace Higgins? Or does someone else get pushed out? Watching him play yesterday , he has more left in the tank than Higgins...but attitude....

He never has seemed to be the type of player the Scott likes. Can you see him be D focused? He kick goals and maybe after Cameron we have worked out its seems something we have we need to do.

Who knows these days. We do not seem to like that new car smell, we like K's on the clock and seats worn in.

Contracted but thats probably an advantage if Haw want him out and they want to play kids.

It's a flat, emphatic no from me, and the club too I would hope.

He has more left in the tank than Higgins, but I don't think his persona is what we want at the club, and I'd sooner give an.opportunity to one of the younger guys we already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back