Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Chant said a "large number" of other facilities, including St Hedwig Retirement Village at Blacktown, had been affected after a Wyoming nurse worked across aged care centres.
She said authorities were working with the Commonwealth to ensure that staff stopped moving across multiple facilities.
"We are working with the Commonwealth to ensure that that procedure ... where staff do not move across multiple facilities, is firmly in place," Dr Chant said.

Seriously, 19 months into the pandemic this is beyond mismanagement and if one of the infected crusties dies, I would seriously hope a team of ambulance-chasers mounts a case of manslaughter against the Feds. There'd be a strong case. However I bet there's sufficient teflon and impunity baked into the system to absolve the government of all responsibility.

Dr Chant said a "large number" of other facilities, including St Hedwig Retirement Village at Blacktown, had been affected after a Wyoming nurse worked across aged care centres.
She said authorities were working with the Commonwealth to ensure that staff stopped moving across multiple facilities.
"We are working with the Commonwealth to ensure that that procedure ... where staff do not move across multiple facilities, is firmly in place," Dr Chant said.

It's like they weren't paying any attention whatsoever to what happened in Victoria even while we were showing them hundreds of dead people.

Colbeck doesn't know what day of the week it is.

Sensationalist rage-bait.

In the first video (from a year ago) he didn't have a report on hand. It happens. In the second video it's a bunch of Senators hamming it up for their "Facebook moment", as he said. There might be more to it but it wasn't presented.

Accountability for the vaccine rollout is not part of his ministerial portfolio. They should have been asking Greg Hunt as the aged care sector is dependent on the Department of Health for the vaccine program. The federal government is useless but as I said, sensationalist rage-bait.

Jeanette Young feels indifferent to this.

“Everyone should talk to their GP”

“I said I didn’t want 18 year olds getting AZ, and I still don’t”

Question: “At what age should they get the AZ vaccine?”

Dr Young: “60”
Is she actually still saying that? If so, she needs to be sacked immediately.

It's like they weren't paying any attention whatsoever to what happened in Victoria even while we were showing them hundreds of dead people.
But all the health officials from each state catch up weekly to trade ideas and the latest data amongst each other!!

People who have faith in these people forget they are still government officials.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sensationalist rage-bait.

In the first video (from a year ago) he didn't have a report on hand. It happens.
Not if you are competent.

In the second video it's a bunch of Senators hamming it up for their "Facebook moment", as he said. There might be more to it but it wasn't presented.

Accountability for the vaccine rollout is not part of his ministerial portfolio. They should have been asking Greg Hunt as the aged care sector is dependent on the Department of Health for the vaccine program
Vaccination of aged care staff is part of the regulation of the system. If not, why is he responding to questions on this matter? Out of the kindness of his own heart?

That's a disgrace, who the fu** undermines vaccines while they're the CHO? That's Trump level of stupid.
Just more terrible messaging. All she had to say was "Check with your GP" - which is the ATAGI advice and same advice in all other states (except NSW).

Couldn't help throw in her own personal opinion to muddle the message.

Just more terrible messaging. All she had to say was "Check with your GP" - which is the ATAGI advice and same advice in all other states (except NSW).

Couldn't help throw in her own personal opinion to muddle the message.
She did say she didnt want to see a teenager die of AZ becuase she told them to get it when they probably wouldnt die of Ronna....or something similar

She did say she didnt want to see a teenager die of AZ becuase she told them to get it when they probably wouldnt die of Ronna....or something similar
She's telling them to check with their GP - as it requires an individualised risk assessment. She undermines that individualised approach with a blanket-statement saying "I don't want 18 year olds getting AZ". It's contradictory and confusing - particularly at a time when we are trying to address vaxx hesitancy.

Just recite the ATAGI advice and take the next question. I expect her to clarify her comment tomorrow.

She's telling them to check with their GP - as it requires an individualised risk assessment. She undermines that individualised approach with a blanket-statement saying "I don't want 18 year olds getting AZ". It's contradictory and confusing - particularly at a time when we are trying to address vaxx hesitancy.

Just recite the ATAGI advice and take the next question. I expect her to clarify her comment tomorrow.
ATAGI advice changed from when she first said it

Sure, it's just her comment today (after the change in ATAGI advice) that is confusing.
If she changes her advice then she gets attacked for that too

I wasnt going to take AZ I was waiting for Pz or Mod

A decision was made for a mass vax for our town in Qld to only get Pz, because we were isolated and far from a hospital, so they decided to give us the one with the better coverage that people would be willing to take. so Im happy for her stance

NRL players who refuse to be vaccinated may be forced to live permanently under the same restrictive level 4 Covid protocols they are currently under in Queensland.

Those vaccinated players could be permitted to return to a normal, pre-Covid life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back