List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted free agent Luke Parker is at the top of the tree.

Jordan Dawson, who has been a revelation as a defender and more recently a winger, is also out of contract.

Multiple clubs told foxfooty.com.au long-term deals on significant money will be thrown at Sydney’s no. 1 rated player since the bye if he remains up for grabs.

There is likely to be a big difference between what the Swans can offer and what rivals will put in front of him.

George Hewett is another who has attracted interest from several clubs.

After finishing second in the best and fairest in 2019, he fell out of favour and then suffered a season-ending injury in Round 7 last year.

But in 2021 the restricted free agent has rediscovered his niche again, playing 17 senior matches.

Meanwhile, former No. 4 draft pick Dylan Stephens wants to stay at the club but is desperate for senior opportunities and will move if it becomes apparent there are openings elsewhere.

Rival clubs believe he is genuinely gettable and will offer more than the two year-contract, which is currently on the table from Sydney.

Several clubs have privately expressed concern regarding a warped landscape for high draft picks entering their third season.

GWS was frustrated to lose Jye Caldwell after just 11 games and the Swans are unlikely to be able to match offers for Stephens.

Sydney‘s salary cap squeeze, which several player agents are aware of, is not entirely unusual in the current environment. Nor is it necessarily their fault.

During last year’s Covid-19 planning, the league mandated all clubs push back roughly 5 per cent of each player’s 2021 salary into 2022, provided they were contracted.

Some clubs such as Geelong and Hawthorn asked players to absorb a portion of this, while others, like the Lions, did not.

The unexpected virus and reduction in total player payments left Brisbane, Sydney and Collingwood among the teams with even less room to move than they had anticipated.

Magpies footy boss and stand-in list manager Graham Wright has been on radio conceding they will likely need to tip out at least one more player, while the Lions will not be active in the trade period and have the vast majority if their list locked away.

Sam Reid is also out of contract at Sydney, while Oliver Florent is attracting interest from Victorian clubs even though he has one season remaining on his contract.

Magpies need to tip out one more player?

Come on down Maynard!

I hope he can move into thr midfield,.we have so many HBF.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The unexpected virus and reduction in total player payments left Brisbane, Sydney and Collingwood among the teams with even less room to move than they had anticipated.

Magpies footy boss and stand-in list manager Graham Wright has been on radio conceding they will likely need to tip out at least one more player, while the Lions will not be active in the trade period and have the vast majority if their list locked away.
The Magpies have rightly being laughed at for their inept list management, but there's been nothing (or virtually nothing) about how their players weren't willing to take a pay cut to keep their list together. Crickets about how selfish they are/were. Our coach is a leech getting paid for poor results, but I don't think I'm THAT delusional in thinking if it'd been our list in that situation, that our players, led by Boak, would have done what they could to remain together.

Dawson and Maynard are both awesome players. I assume we would trade Bonner! Parker would be a good get as a free agent. I thought he would have signed but celery talks.

Free agent is a free hit if you have the $ right? i think we were all in on Merrett, so obv re-assessing options. I cant remember what FAs are left.
Kelly, Guthrie, Parker and Billings properly the best left.
Then there's Crouch, Hewitt, Dumont and Dunstan also available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson can play back and forward. Elite kick. Could be absolutely anything.
Maynard a fraction quicker, and a reasonable player who has reached his ceiling, but not sure he's anything other than a hbf.
Perhaps. I think he has mid qualities. But yeah may never make the transition. I just love his competitiveness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back