List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeap, specifically a forward/ruck, especially if H isn't going to do much ruck work, but a ruckman/forward would still make us better

Option 1 Riccardi, Ballenden or Chol
Option 2 Meek Briggs or Flynn

I see TDK more as a ruckman that can rest forward
John Nicholls was handy at that..................

Lols - one player?

How about ALL the small forwards - afl stats.

This is out of 75 players

AFL fantasy points 74/75
Contested possessions 38/75

Disposals DOES NOT MAKE THE LIST

Goals 15th (which is fine - absolutely nothing special, but as mentioned VERY distorted by the dogs games - re-averaged without it he falls below half way.)

Marks DOES NOT MAKE THE LIST

Uncontested Possessions DOES NOT MAKE THE LIST

So there it is - statistically, factually set in concrete - he is an average contributor for a non-key forward and as such should be contributing like Greene, Tipuungwuti, Papley, etc around the ground - in no world is that happening.

In fact he is amongst the WORST as demonstrated above.

So a BOG average small forward who does NOT contribute at all relative to AFL standards.

You have completely clouded views on him - understandably - he should not be in the team, and 100% should not be at Carlton next year if we are to get REMOTELY serious about improving as a club.

He is one of the MAIN reasons why we are performing so badly as a club.

You're really going with fantasy points as the lead statistic in an argument?

Contested possessions, uncontested possessions, disposals, marks...i reckon he ranks pretty low in hitouts too, I am surprised you didn't reference that as well. How about we use stats that are actually relevant to the position?

Yeap, specifically a forward/ruck, especially if H isn't going to do much ruck work, but a ruckman/forward would still make us better

Option 1 Riccardi, Ballenden or Chol
Option 2 Meek Briggs or Flynn

I see TDK more as a ruckman that can rest forward
Can Riccardi ruck? Don't get me wrong I reckon we should target him as I see him as a KPP that can go forward or back (GWS have been playing him back in the 2's) which we could do with.
As a Casboult replacement in that Ruck/Forward role however I'd like us to look at trying to pry Bailey Williams away from West Coast.
I think if we can get someone like that then there's less of a need for a straight up ruckman back up so long as Pittonet and Mirkov can keep themselves fit.

But kicking, you're not going to get a game in a strong side missing kicks.

This is where it is clear you are letting your dislike of the player cloud your judgement.

How many examples demonstrating the contrary do you want? There are many I can put forward...in every single premiership side.

Consider this, he's fit and he's in the 2s, he's not highly regarded.

Laughably inaccurate. He was down on form and was sent back to recapture the form he showed early on in the year.

Playing VFL equating to not being rated by your club is about as silly as it gets.

Rankine played reserves for the Suns on the weekend. Suns don't rate him, right?

Can Riccardi ruck? Don't get me wrong I reckon we should target him as I see him as a KPP that can go forward or back (GWS have been playing him back in the 2's) which we could do with.
As a Casboult replacement in that Ruck/Forward role however I'd like us to look at trying to pry Bailey Williams away from West Coast.
I think if we can get someone like that then there's less of a need for a straight up ruckman back up so long as Pittonet and Mirkov can keep themselves fit.

All Riccardi has to do is chop out in the ruck for 5 minutes or so if he is the 2nd KPF.

But there are others on that list that would be more suited to that role.

Yes, always rated Williams, I was only listing OOC players

There's a part of me that hopes Cerra re-signs with Freo. Don't get me wrong he's a a good player but I'd rather see if LOB can come along than give up at least a first round draft pick for him as I'd imagine Freo are going to play hard ball with him. We've also seen first hand with Saad and at other clubs (Cameron, Kelly, Bradley Hill) that a club often pays overs mainly in draft capital (player swaps are pretty rare nowadays) to get these sort of blokes when their club doesn't want them to leave. I'd rather we stick to targeting players that don't cost us first round draft picks like how we got Williams and Martin.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't want to push him out the door, only if list sizes weren't pushed back to normal.

I understand he is contracted, but I still don't understand his selection in the MSD off 2 VFL games total. If he was a Cat B rookie, I'd have all the time in the world for his development.

That being said, I like him as that extra number at 3rd choice ruck, when every other position has 1 back up.

Although I still think a younger 18/19 KPF/Ruck like Max Heath (taken the pick right after Mirkov) would've been a better selection in the MSD. Mirkov is incredibly raw, light and can't play anywhere apart from ruck (which will be needed if list sizes aren't expanded). Anyway, this is a moot point now.

We're at our best when our rucks can get involved in the play at stoppages or can have an impact resting forward.

Have a little faith. He'll be a beast.

If Fog could kick he'd be a reincarnated David Ellard

I have a question -- everyone has said our midfield is not good enough for a number of season -- Ed has been part of it but most supporters on this board don't want to see him replaced .. what am I missing .. he isn't a Mundy or Kennedy(swans) that covers ground type of inside mid -- he is a good goer yes .. I don't see the upside ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were getting killed at stoppages around the ground - even when he wins it somehow he sends it to the wrong person. Can you point to where these stats are collated I would like to view them if thats at hand or if you can remember.

He occasionally dips in - but we need a Kruzer, a Gawn, a Grundy etc.

Lets be honest - Hawthorn were getting rid of him.

To add to this - I believe the game has even moved forward beyond this type of play - your team is a player down with this type of ruckman - you need a seriously decent footy player first - ruckman second. The cost on team structure is just too much to have a tap ruckman who offers limited else around the ground.

Carlton needs to read the tea leaves on this.

You make it sound like you can pick one of these guys up from the shops.

Ruckmen notoriously take time to hit their straps, Gawn the most glaring example, so I’m more than happy to be patient and get games into TDK who looks like he could make it. I think our bigger need is to get a decent ruck/forward back up type to replace Levi so we don’t have to play two rucks which is not good for balance, and so we’re not having to rely on an undersized non ruckman like Gov or Jack (as much as he was great against the Saints).

At end of day I think so long as our ruck options can hold their own I don’t think it matters too much if we don’t have a top 3 type and I certainly don’t want us overpaying for an established top flight ruck.

All Riccardi has to do is chop out in the ruck for 5 minutes or so if he is the 2nd KPF.

But there are others on that list that would be more suited to that role.

Yes, always rated Williams, I was only listing OOC players
Is toby wooler a chance?

This is where it is clear you are letting your dislike of the player cloud your judgement.

How many examples demonstrating the contrary do you want? There are many I can put forward...in every single premiership side.

Laughably inaccurate. He was down on form and was sent back to recapture the form he showed early on in the year.

Playing VFL equating to not being rated by your club is about as silly as it gets.

Rankine played reserves for the Suns on the weekend. Suns don't rate him, right?

I rate him as mediocre, I neither like or dislike him. Do a best 22 on here and he's going to be in half, if that of people's teams, is he in your best 22? Is what it is. We're jack of players consistently missing very gettable goals, he's one of the main offenders. Can't just bury your head in the sand while that remains one of the biggest reasons for many of our losses. He might make better than mediocre.

I rate him as mediocre, I neither like or dislike him. Do a best 22 on here and he's going to be in half, if that of people's teams, is he in your best 22? Is what it is. We're jack of players consistently missing very gettable goals, he's one of the main offenders. Can't just bury your head in the sand while that remains one of the biggest reasons for many of our losses. He might make better than mediocre.
Yep. Clearly a young player (who hasn't played much due to injury) can never improve his kicking.

I mean check out Paddy Dow.

Oh wait, maybe he can.

You're really going with fantasy points as the lead statistic in an argument?

Contested possessions, uncontested possessions, disposals, marks...i reckon he ranks pretty low in hitouts too, I am surprised you didn't reference that as well. How about we use stats that are actually relevant to the position?

I absolutely referenced the stats that matter - THE POINT of this discussion is that he is at BEST a very mediocre scrorer so like other smaller forwards who don't score highly he has to make it up around the ground - thats just a fact - in more than half his games he has scored 1 goal or zero - thats pathetic. It really is.

So I presented his stats from around the ground - and they are totally s**t.

You just can't handle that fact so select one borderline irrelevant point from my post and attacked that rather than the overall body of evidence - with ZERO counter argument.

He is crap - the stats prove that - and if you have something to offer lets have it.

I have a question -- everyone has said our midfield is not good enough for a number of season -- Ed has been part of it but most supporters on this board don't want to see him replaced .. what am I missing .. he isn't a Mundy or Kennedy(swans) that covers ground type of inside mid -- he is a good goer yes .. I don't see the upside ..

Ed needs to be moved on as well. If he is not being used in a tagging role he is a very mediocre mid-fielder.

We have so many holes its not funny.

You make it sound like you can pick one of these guys up from the shops.

Ruckmen notoriously take time to hit their straps, Gawn the most glaring example, so I’m more than happy to be patient and get games into TDK who looks like he could make it. I think our bigger need is to get a decent ruck/forward back up type to replace Levi so we don’t have to play two rucks which is not good for balance, and so we’re not having to rely on an undersized non ruckman like Gov or Jack (as much as he was great against the Saints).

At end of day I think so long as our ruck options can hold their own I don’t think it matters too much if we don’t have a top 3 type and I certainly don’t want us overpaying for an established top flight ruck.

TDK is our main ruck now - we should be already developing our next. If that is Mirkov then maybe - otherwise we need to already be developing the next because that is NOT PITO.

Thats the point - he is not good enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back