Preview Showdown 50- Why I Hate The Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

until they publicly admit their origin is the PAFC we will continue to treat them like the two-timing, generic frauds that they are.

Can not begin to express the amount of disdain I have for this franchise, and I don't even have to share a state with them.
Ports by 65, anything less is a failure.
its all good, it means the players can go bunta at the crowd after every goal and just watch their price reactions from the comfort of the living room, we can finish it off with a lap of honor after the match

until they publicly admit their origin is the PAFC we will continue to treat them like the two-timing, generic frauds that they are.
Crazy how people see the Crows as the bigger brother of the state. Quite frankly unbelievable.

Will just have to watch from home and hope the broadcaster can turn up the fake crowd noise up enough to create an atmosphere on the telly.

Anyway, my bet is they won't be able to find 15k suckers to attend and they will have to lie about the crowd numbers again.

Their entire existence is the lie encapsulated in this game.

Will just have to watch from home and hope the broadcaster can turn up the fake crowd noise up enough to create an atmosphere on the telly.

Anyway, my bet is they won't be able to find 15k suckers to attend and they will have to lie about the crowd numbers again.

Their entire existence is the lie encapsulated in this game.
* it will be funny if they can't give away the 15k and have to end up selling them to Port fans.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The away Showdown is my least favourite game of the year. I'd rather play just about anyone else, home or away.

They'll be playing their GF in front of their fans, with the usual parochial umpiring and commentating, capped off with Ricciuto running the line. Just want to put the W away and get on with the season, hopefully injury-free.

I think talk of a big win is fanciful - it's not the way we play, and Nicks will have the bus parked as soon as we get any ascendancy at all.

I still laugh at the Crows' claim to be the team 'For all South Australians'.

Every SANFL club and their supporters bar PAFC jumping on board the shiny new thing called the 'Crows' to claim it as theirs.

And yet what did we see when the 2nd SA based AFL licence was up for grabs?

Every single SANFL club, their officials and their supporters, prepared to jump ship to get their spot on the national stage. Every one of them (with one exception) prepared to sell out their soul and identity to amalgamate with one or two or three other clubs to grab what they had so viciously attacked PAFC for doing just a few years earlier.

Only the Port Adelaide Football Club was so proud of its past, its history, its community and its supporters that they refused to form some sort of hybrid amalgamation like the SANFL so desperately wanted them to do.

And when the Port Adelaide Football Club won that AFL licence what did those other SANFL clubs, their officials and supporters do? They scurried back to West Lakes to support the very organisation they were so willing to dump in the sewer, as if nothing had changed.

What *ing hypocrites they all are.

Their song, their colours, their HQ, their emblem all stolen from from elsewhere. Even their lame '19th man' is a cut and paste from the Seattle Seahawks 12th Man.

No heart, no soul and no honesty.

And certainly not the 'Pride of South Australia'. Simply a complete and utter embarrassment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While they're down and out, we MUST take full advantage and capitalise on their shitness.

The best way to do that will be to win the flag! If we win it then they'll be in no position to respond for the foreseeable future.
Oh we're winning the flag...* it.

IIRC. There were 2000 fans allowed at Port's covid Showdown last year. (plus 240 corporates).

Of those 2000 tickets, PAFC allocated 1475 to Port members and a generous 475 to the crows. So about a 75%/25% split. (50 went to Adelaide Oval members).

I also remember Port being heavily criticised in the media for not giving half of their allocated tickets to the crows.

Let's see how West Lakes does it. (and how the media reports it)
Difference is, last year the fixture was changed prior to the game to a 17 game season and in doing so took away the Crows showdown, but left the only one for the year as our game.

We didn't give them our tickets, we just shared some because they weren't getting a showdown. The call for a 50/50 split of tickets was reasonable, but given we had ownership we denied that and looked after our fans. Which was good, * them.

So I'd expect they might do the same and give us a few, that'd be it, and that'd be fair. We've had our showdown and can't complain. This is their only home showdown in 2 years and with a far more limited capacity than what we got to have.

Last edited:
What proportion of the AO members are we 'granted' in the AFL membership reckonings - about 2,000? That Ch9 clip mentions us possibly being given a number of tickets in proportion to a normal (Crows home game) Showdown crowd - if you say that's 50k, then our AO member share of the 12,000 tickets available after the Crows corporates have been looked after would be about 480, so they could then say they've given us the same as we gave them last year ;)

I actually barracked for West Coast pre Power - thats how much I despised those campaigners!
I barracked for North I would even go for the Vic's in the state of origin😂 .
I was 9 in 1990 and went to every port game growing up and was just a sponge what ever my old man would say I took for gospel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back