Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the Charlie Dixon precedent Adrain Anderson is talking about?

LOL

Also how * can you call it self defence?
E72PesUUcAY7KTV

And Willem attracts a fine this week. Not sure why, much like Dixon the previous week no occasion comes to mind and it just seems like they want to fine our players for no reason. The more egregious incident (if there were any) from our game was Tanner Bruhn taking a late, cheap shot to Jonas'(?) ribs but that didn't even get a mention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall Freo targetting Gaff every time they could after that to the point that Simpson had to leave him on the bench
Please.

They were trying to get him on the ball.

They weren't going to belt him off the ball or with reportable offences. With fair hits on the body and tackles.

And they failed.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

This case shows how out of step the AFL/MRO is with the average football fan. They continue to treat incidents like this, that occur way off the ball, liter than pure football accidents like ungainly tackles and mistimed contests.

Imagine how Plowman and Sam Reid are feel after being told they should have reacted in 0.1 of a second and vanished into thin air to avoid contact while Viney can drive a calculated and prolonged elbow into the neck of a player in a defenseless position.

If one of our boys did what Viney did I’d expect the club itself to step him down for a few weeks. It was a grub act and it’s clearly on the throat. I don’t mind a tussle but only when it’s fair. As soon as someone is on the ground it’s over

Completely expected, but no less disappointing for that. Scotty gets twice as long for going on too long in a tackle - Viney's action was deliberate and calculated and could have crippled.

I hope we don't have to see a serious or life-threatening injury before the judiciary starts taking responsibility for stamping out thuggery in our game.

The MRO/tribunal needs to be independent of the league, and not subject to the demands of its paymasters.

Toby Greene would've been hung for something like that.

2 weeks, haha, half of the penalty of lycett. Wow.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Funny how when it's one of our guys the trial by media invariably begins in the commentary box within 10 seconds of the incident and has no let up until the inevitable bloated suspension is handed down.

Compare that to "Oooooh, that's not really a part of Dangers game, i reckon it was more the jolt that knocked him out..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back