Prediction Changes for R21 v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be stiff after kicking 3 goals. Even if a couple were a touch lucky.

Don't think it's so much luck with Ladhams he is good at ground level gets boot to ball and kicks in the general direction of the goal he just puts effort in and sometimes it pays off. He's done it often enough to not surprise anymore.

I can imagine Pete getting to 50 plus games and suddenly it becomes easy. He's still only played about 27 games.

Yeah - unfortunately I think SPP probs should be sub. Robbie in.

I’m keen as a point of difference to keep the quadrangle of Doom for finals. Just important that these big guys get up the ground more dragging away intercept defenders. Dixon’s recent form, along with Ladhams/Georgi and Marshall must be because of the 4 playing.

And then if Motlop gets back, Bonner out, Bergman to half back, and Duursma + Motlop/Rozee/Butters/Amon/Orazio/Robbie to cover the outside mid/high half forward roles.

If Ken really wants a defensive forward for finals, ie SPP - Motlop or any of the other forwards (including Georgi) could easily cover this in spurts, and burn the oppo the other way, with their run.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should be SPP for Robbie - SPP has offered nothing besides 1 or 2 good games since he's been back.

Still not sure if the 4 talls in the forward line is going to work long term, so perhaps Robbie for Marshall? But no way I can see Ken dropping him at this stage.

He would be safer if he stopped burning his team mates every time he gets it. Needs to hand ball to running players - even burnt Boaky.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ladhams needs to play to his limitations.
That's coaching. There's no way known he should try be clever inside 50. I'd be telling him he does one thing if he gets the ball inside 50 and that's one step and aim in the general direction of the goals. I'd be ok with the occasional handball if it's on but he's not clever or skilled he should not try and be. One step aim at the goals.

SPP in Showdowns I love tho. Ever since the Elspeth episode pretty sure SPP has won every showdown he played in. And he was fantastic the night Boak pulled out last minute. Could be the night the young fella recaptures his form

SPP in Showdowns I love tho. Ever since the Elspeth episode pretty sure SPP has won every showdown he played in. And he was fantastic the night Boak pulled out last minute. Could be the night the young fella recaptures his form
Yeah, Primetime Saturday night, Biggest rivals... Start SPP on the Ball with Ollie and Boaky, let him explode for 7 minutes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Primetime Saturday night, Biggest rivals... Start SPP on the Ball with Ollie and Boaky, let him explode for 7 minutes!

Better still, leave him on ball full stop. What’s with this forward 50 s**t he’s been asked to do lately ? Reminds me of the ol Boaky switcheroo to the 50 almost killing his career!!

Has too be SPP for Robbie if fit.

I don’t buy into this notion that SPP is played out of position and more so think he’s just not going too develop into the mid we hoped. He’s not a mid or a forward so I think he doesn’t really have a role in the team.

2 weeks ago he attended 30% of our CBAs and still couldn’t get involved. This dropped to 17% last week with Rozee and Butters getting the extra time. This shows he is the bottom of the pecking order for getting a run inside and the coaches don’t see him as a mid even after 4 or so years in the system to develop. He’s been overran by everyone around him and if we thought he could be a permanent mid when boak retires he’d be getting more mid time rather than the last option.

Robbie offers more up forward than SPP will and he’s a nonfactor when goes in the middle.

I’ve lost faith in him making it as a mid and we need impact players at this point in the season. Add too the fact SPP has more frees against than he does goals and goal assist combined for the year when he spends plenty of time in the forward half I think shows he’s more detrimental to our ball movement than benefiting it.

So in short, SPP for Robbie

Has too be SPP for Robbie if fit.

I don’t buy into this notion that SPP is played out of position and more so think he’s just not going too develop into the mid we hoped. He’s not a mid or a forward so I think he doesn’t really have a role in the team.

2 weeks ago he attended 30% of our CBAs and still couldn’t get involved. This dropped to 17% last week with Rozee and Butters getting the extra time. This shows he is the bottom of the pecking order for getting a run inside and the coaches don’t see him as a mid even after 4 or so years in the system to develop. He’s been overran by everyone around him and if we thought he could be a permanent mid when boak retires he’d be getting more mid time rather than the last option.

Robbie offers more up forward than SPP will and he’s a nonfactor when goes in the middle.

I’ve lost faith in him making it as a mid and we need impact players at this point in the season. Add too the fact SPP has more frees against than he does goals and goal assist combined for the year when he spends plenty of time in the forward half I think shows he’s more detrimental to our ball movement than benefiting it.

So in short, SPP for Robbie
You’re off ya guts !!

Why would we risk Robbie now? There are two more games after the one against the scum for Robbie to play in and get some fitness under his belt. We'd be silly to risk him against a bottom side which we should destroy.

Bonner, early in the second quarter. Around the 50 second mark in the video. He does some nice things with the ball, but it is these completely weak defensive efforts that make me scream. In the heat of finals, I just don't think he's up to it.
This. Every time this. we can’t let him play finals.

There are 3 Marvel games in Round 23 and the other 2 are Saints vs Freo and Carlton vs GWS.

We'll definitely be on Friday Night that round.

also they like to give advantages to the top 4 teams for longer breaks before finals. could see the Friday night fixture at Marvel.

but would love to know if we will hold top 4 before bounce down. Would rather beat WB in finals week 1 qualifier than rd 23

also they like to give advantages to the top 4 teams for longer breaks before finals. could see the Friday night fixture at Marvel.

but would love to know if we will hold top 4 before bounce down. Would rather beat WB in finals week 1 qualifier than rd 23
Didnt they throw a giant spanner in the works for that last year.

We played monday and geelong Sunday.

Why would we risk Robbie now? There are two more games after the one against the scum for Robbie to play in and get some fitness under his belt. We'd be silly to risk him against a bottom side which we should destroy.
the question is are you risking him? if everything is right you get him in as soon as you can in order to find form and be gelling with the forward line as best as he possibly can be. If there is questions in regard to his injury then you leave him out. If he has ticked all the boxes then its just stupid to 'give him another week' just because

Remove this Banner Ad

Back