Coach Clarkson has left the building

Remove this Banner Ad

Some don't like hearing the truth and just pull things out of their arses and try and act as if they know anything about it.
Which they don't.

I'm don't care about the flak I cop cause in time I will be vindicated and they will look they had no idea at all.

Don't tell me what you post is fact or even close to the facts and everyone will see that in time.
You haven't posted anything of substance. Just a series of cryptic, abusive, nonsensical posts with appalling grammar. If you have information, why don't you share it in plain English? It is otherwise impossible to take you seriously.

Some day in here.

Clarko bluffed Jeff. Jeff should have paid him out at the start.

Whatever, it's done. We needed a change and stoked Sam is the man.

People keeping this sh*t going aren't helping anyone or anything, particularly themselves. Let's all take a breath.

This sh*t as you put it is because of an incompetent board. You seem to forget that supporting a team is first and foremost about emotions and loyalty. The Board and especially the super arrogant Kennett have no idea about that.

I picked the most recent 2 months to show our recent performance.

Its not like I chose 3 weeks from last year, the 1st game this year, then the period 9 to 5 weeks ago and then last weekend.

We judge coaches on their current performance. Currently we are improving. And have beaten teams playing finals. Unlike some teams in the top 10 who have only beaten bottom 8 teams.

Is there more upside to matching the best but sometimes struggling, or to being flat track bullies ?

No, that's fair enough and I get what you are saying.
That was my thinking too in the first few seasons after our most recent cup. I'd look at our best on the day, and the fact we could serve it up to some quality sides, and count that as optimism for the future. We could still play some high level footy at that time, the kind that no team wanted to see on any particular Saturday.
But our best has gotten significantly worse and our wins rarely ever come in 'Elite' style matchups, where the opposition is playing great and we simply play better. I'm not talking playing top 4 sides, but playing in big time quality games.
That Melbourne game we drew? Demons were shite that day, and as much as I'd like to claim it's because our brilliance simply stopped them from doing what they normally do, that'd be gilding the lilly.
Brisbane? Good lord. I mean, we were pretty good value but again hardly scintilating even though some of the highlights were nice. We didn't have an unstoppable forward line outside of Breuster, we were pretty good in the middle but not incredible, and the Lions were absolute garbage until the last quarter.
If we were a 9th-11th team playing others slightly above us or in the eight, and we were playing tough testing footy with both sides just giving it everything, and we simply bettered them, I'd have significantly more hope.
It'd show that we could get up when it mattered and knew our colors were worth fighting for.
Where's that pride been the last however long?
That's the coach's job for me.
Where Clarko has lost me is the last 2 years, and nothing he's said has shown me a plan to change.

He's still a Ledge, just not the guy for the job as I see it.

And I really think you're doing Sammy an injustice potting him.

So over the last 8 weeks we are the 9th best team. And 3 of the teams with a better record over the last 8 weeks are teams we beat in the last 8 weeks.

Clearly the wheels had fallen off and we had to do something ASAP...
Clarkson pushed this timeline 4 weeks ago. With the relationships he had with Reeves and Kennett i get the feeling he just had enough and he felt it was time to get out

Some don't like hearing the truth and just pull things out of their arses and try and act as if they know anything about it.
Which they don't.

I'm don't care about the flak I cop cause in time I will be vindicated and they will look they had no idea at all.

Don't tell me what you post is fact or even close to the facts and everyone will see that in time.
You're not copping flak because of what you're saying, it's how you're communicating it. READ what people are saying to you instead of going off on some rant.

2018 was definitely a better year but we ultimately had zero impact in the finals so it really mattered little. All the other stuff you mentioned happens to every other club in a given year so we are no different & can’t use those as excuses. You’re also confusing the term hindsight. It’s not hindsight. It actually has happened; we are a bottom 4 team, are we not? (In fact many people did question his decision making particularly when it comes to recruitment & trading over the last 5 years.) He’s the coach and has not delivered results. Clarkson has been fantastic for the club & took over at a time when we were really poor. However, don’t confuse four premierships achieved under his leadership with the lack of success over the last 5 year period.

As I said, the guy is a giant of the club. His achievements have been outstanding but he is definitely out of time at Hawthorn & lost his focus on building an elite team.

What grade would you give him since 2016? I would rate him a D. Definitely not good enough and time to go. The transition has ended up being a mess but the right outcome was achieved. He has 3 more weeks, we can celebrate his legacy and move on. Clarkson is going to get paid so I think he ‘s going to be ok. The media stuff is all noise.

I don't expect to win every premiership or even be in contention every year, so my grading of Clarko is much higher. We were the oldest team ever to win the premiership in 2015 (A+++). Decline was inevitable. We had an abundance of ageing stars to replace and that takes years. Should we have started retirements or traded older stars during the threepeat or in 2016 when a fourpeat was possible? Of course not. 2016 finals were the trigger. Despite the hurt of seeing some super stars increase their superannuation with other clubs, I was proud that we afforded them that ability to do that (A). Without any super star father/sons, academy players or high draft picks for a decade, we still managed to bring in some great players and made some astute draft choices with our late picks. Did every single trade or draft deliver us a super star over the next 3 years when we were seemingly in contention? No, but that wasn't my expectation. (B+) Making top four in 2018 far exceeded my expectations (A) but the finals did not (C).

2019 was pretty much where I thought we would be (B-). It did deliver us a top 12 draft pick and Will Day (A+). 2020 was a promising start, my expectations grew, then we had a little hiccup called a global pandemic. Football became totallly unwatchable. We weren't the only team that was putrid, it was every single team regardless of ladder position. Absolute rubbish for the entire year bar maybe 2 games (and a couple of finals). Understandable of course. Everyone was effected by the pandemic to some degree and it showed. The entire AFL season was an F. Regrade to a D- for everyone trying so hard throughout adversity but last year nearly killed my love of football for ever. Clarko gets an N/A. I don't hold him responsible for the pandemic.

So here we are in 2021 and the standard from all teams has risen (slightly). Maybe not as much for the Hawks as some more developed teams but Clarko still gets a pass mark from me. I have seen enough of our youngsters to be very excited about the future and when we are playing well it has been a pleasure to watch.

Lastly, if you look at Clarko's performance outside of coaching, public addresses, BNF's, press conferences, honouring past legends, building culture, response to media BS that follows the grand master, he gets an A++. Every friend of mine who aren't Hawthorn supporters would ditch their coach for Clarko in an instant if given the opportunity. I still find it hard believe that's exactly what we have done.

this thread in a nuthsell

Concur - and ignoring my own advice by adding to this rabbit hole of a thread - but can anyone confirm the screen grab from Facebook messenger of an exchange between Dermott Brereton and someone called Andrew Everitt, that has been circulating online since yesterday morning, is just a clever hack/fake..?

Last edited:
I'm right and to pro loser deceitful scum trying to fool everyone, it's not working and you should f off with the loser.
Mate if you are going to become disrespectful because some don’t agree with your opinion or the language you are using, then maybe you should find yourself another group. Grow up or see ya later, rubbish tantrums don’t belong here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which they don't.

Literally no one is arguing with you, because we don’t even know the point you’re making to begin with.

Rival knew that had him and so did hawks when got wind of it.

Loser was prepared to renege when tried to use it as a bargaining chip.

Obviously didn't work.
Why are you so bitter? What is the go with your persistent use of the word 'loser'? What is it that has driven you to a state that you can't even mention Clarko (if that is who you are referring to) by name?

This sh*t as you put it is because of an incompetent board. You seem to forget that supporting a team is first and foremost about emotions and loyalty. The Board and especially the super arrogant Kennett have no idea about that.

That's one view, and I'm certainly not a Kennett advocate.

But really, it's a question of poor governance, actually horrific governance, by him and Reeves. Kennett et al tried to force Clarko to walk to save dollars, and it backfired spectacularly. But this is where I draw the line.

Appointing Sam was a really progressive move. Wouldn't have been easy, but we needed a restart and if we judge Clarko post 2017, what coach actually deserves to survive?

So I guess my question is, in regard to Kennet, are you and other posters angry because Clarko wasn't renewed/sacked? Or is it the shithouse governance on how it went down? Of which Clarko is at fault also.

I don't think it was an easy situation for anyone, we wanted to save dollars in a soft cap environment, and Clarko forced a pay-out as he didn't want to be there. I see both sides to be honest.

So in the end, onwards and upwards.

Last edited:
I'm right and to pro loser deceitful scum trying to fool everyone, it's not working and you should f off with the loser.

I think you need a rap backing track behind all your posts.

Honestly you have an opinion but you are not expressing it very well. Could be a deliberate strategy but for what reason (apart from a Grammy with said backing track behind you)?

Very confusing, You have an attentive audience but keep going this way and you lose us.

Don Scott had somethng interesting to say today, alluded to the scenario that Ned Reeves wasn't the only CEO Clarkson
didn't get along with or wasn't on speaking terms.

As an organisation, how long due you accept such petulance?
We knew that he had a falling out with Robson as well

Don Scott had somethng interesting to say today, alluded to the scenario that Ned Reeves wasn't the only CEO Clarkson
didn't get along with or wasn't on speaking terms.

As an organisation, how long due you accept such petulance?

Don Scott has had nothing to do with Hawthorn in 20 years. The only time he talks about Hawthorn is to throw barbs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back