Toast Presidency and The Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you 76woodenspooners

One of BigFooty’s all-time-favourite posters, Reykjavik , was all across the board level stuff. He once posted a list of the responsibilities of a Not-For-Profit board like that of Collingwood …

abcdef.....ijklmnop

NFP board responsibilities
Specific responsibilities of a not-for-profit (NFP) board include:

• Driving the strategic direction of the organisation
  • Working with the CEO to enable the organisation to obtain the resources, funds and personnel necessary to implement the organisation's strategic objectives
  • Implementing, maintaining and (as necessary) refining a system of good governance that is appropriate for the organisation
  • Reviewing reports and monitoring the performance of the organisation
  • Regularly reviewing the board's structure and composition, so that these are appropriate for the organisation
  • Appointing – and managing the performance of – a suitable CEO
  • Succession planning for the CEO
While the above points are also applicable to for-profit boards, NFP boards also face a unique range of issues, such as:

• Difficulties in defining and measuring organisational effectiveness
  • Transgression of role boundaries
  • The negative impact of the structural compositions of some NFP boards, including those arising from representative models
  • Funding dependencies and constraints

In practice, the role of the board is to supervise an organisation's business in two broad areas:

1. Overall business performance - ensuring the organisation develops and implements strategies and supporting policies to enable it to fulfill the objectives set out in the organisation's constitution. The board delegates the day to day management of the organisation but remains accountable to the shareholders for the organisation's performance. The board monitors and supports management in an on-going way.
  2. Overall compliance performance - ensuring the organisation develops and implements systems to enable it to comply with its legal and policy obligations (complying with statutes such as the Corporations Act 2001, adhering to accounting standards) and ensure the organisation's assets are protected through appropriate risk management.

http://www.companydirectors.com.au/...ctor/NFP-governance/The-role-of-the-NFP-board

Link to original post …

They're both gone as has buckley. We have an unknown quantity as far a Wright is concerned in a management sense but he's been good in the past so he's as good a bet as any. I have a similar attitude to the board.

I just glanced at all your Q&A stuff with 76. You made a point, i think, about whether we got a premiership to justify going over the cap. What are people supposed to do? Put their hands up and ask to go back in time if they make a bad call? If you pay an extra half million to keep treloar and grundy and de goey for a shot at 2018, you cant blame the list manager if we dont win it. I said this a number of times. Both you and I and the rest of the world knew that the Pies were back-ending contracts long before last year's trade period. You've already discussed how it was known in 2017. We all sat around and let Eddie run the show as he liked. Now we're whingeing.

As for the big personalities comment, you might see it as an excuse, I'm calling it a reason. I have no doubt that Ned GUY could have respectfully made a comment about back ending contracts and then done what he was told. Who knows, he might even have suggested back-ending contracts, but it wouldnt have happened just because he was seen as such an expert. It would have happened because Walsh an co. wanted it. At any rate, back-ending was happening before Ned got there. He was seen as a numbers guy and a guy to deal with the players managers. Do you really think that wimp would have run his own show?

The funny thing is that the timing of the changes would appear to indicate that derek hine was man in charge when the salary cap problems first arose.... which doesnt surprise me because he looks to be a guy who can never say no, and would have hated to trade de goey and the rest if they were overpriced.

I need to get something for dinner and it's a nice day in perth for once. What am i doing here? Question my sanity.

Hine was certainly part of the issue and was removed from his role because of it.

I don't get how you can blame Hine but not Guy when it was the same role. Seems double standards.

In any case I don't think Guy corrected the salary cap issues inherited, and possibly made them worse when you consider the contracts that happened in his tenure.

It was 76 that mentioned going all out for the premiership. I just said we seem to have paid overs on player contracts and failed to pull out when the price was too high. That would have let us get fair value in trade instead of bent over because we had no leverage.

I get what your saying, perhaps it was cultural issues that didn't let other decisions get made. Very possible. I just reckon if you're in the role, see the issues (self evident) and then can't successfully argue for a course of action that doesn't result in the club ******* off 3 best 22 players, you're not really doing your job.

Agree to disagree I guess.

Anyway get out and enjoy the weather! I should do the same. Cairns is pretty sweet this time of the year.

Anyway get out and enjoy the weather! I should do the same. Cairns is pretty sweet this time of the year.

I used to work on Grafton St. At the same time every afternoon, for about five minutes, a huge flock of birds would swarm full click up Grafton St. I’d stand in the middle of the road and they’d just flow around me, an amazing experience of nature. You could set your watch by it. Good times 👍

It was 76 that mentioned going all out for the premiership. I just said we seem to have paid overs on player contracts and failed to pull out when the price was too high. That would have let us get fair value in trade instead of bent over because we had no leverage.

I've seen a few people state this idea. It might have been you before. So you refuse to pay grundy (for example) $7million over 7 years.... and he says that he wants a trade to adelaide who says that it will pay it. So we need to deal with Adelaide and somehow we have LEVERAGE???? Did we buy a big metal rod?

And of course, you say that gold coast says that it will pay $7million a year so we have LEVERAGE.....

but Brodes says, nah mate, I want to go to Adelaide so deal with them.....and yet we still have LEVERAGE?????

I'm not an expert on LEVERAGE...

Forgive me but wasn't Korda head or Chair of the Finance Committee that oversaw our Salary Cap?

Seriously? How many times does this line of thinking need to be discredited before people stop tabling it?

Ed on the advert for Footy Classified says the fight for President role is on.

Not sure what that means exactly. Maybe Browne is ready to announce his ticket?

There is NO EGM but will be a Challange at the AGM

As vice president and chair of the finance committee his job was to make sure key parts of the organisation and its staff were performing to requirements
The rest of the organisation was and is performing well you say? . .. so all the least important parts then👍😀. But how arey you judging that and what do you base your assessment on?
Any organisation that becomes a basket case then re-appoints those who put it there.. is still a basket case.

What breaches have occurred because staff weren't performing to requirements?

Cowards move Browne.

clearly doesn’t have the support of the members or the individuals to mount a takeover.

ended the EGM, ended the legal action for membership lists and still can’t list his candidates for the board…

now Trying to say that winning is papering over cracks…

farrrrrk off

I think the best way forward is clearly is for all long term board members involved in the Eddie era to stand down and vacate their position.

So everyone other than Wilson and O'Donnell?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cowards move Browne.

clearly doesn’t have the support of the members or the individuals to mount a takeover.

ended the EGM, ended the legal action for membership lists and still can’t list his candidates for the board…

farrrrrk off

Does not help that Korda did everything to Dodge the EGM but no Giving Membership Numbers.

Some said Eddie has told them to pull there Heads in and wait for the AGM

Showing Eddie is still Pulling the Strings Behind the Scences

Cowards move Browne.

farrrrrk off

he didnt have any control over whether there was an EGM.

Does not help that Korda did everything to Dodge the EGM but no Giving Membership Numbers.

Some said Eddie has told them to pull there Heads in and wait for the AGM

Showing Eddie is still Pulling the Strings Behind the Scences

Korda didnt give private contact information to someone outside the club - browne. Would you like your private info given out, Tradie?

I used to work on Grafton St. At the same time every afternoon, for about five minutes, a huge flock of birds would swarm full click up Grafton St. I’d stand in the middle of the road and they’d just flow around me, an amazing experience of nature. You could set your watch by it. Good times 👍

Yeah in the evenings. It's magic.

Piss OFF Ed. You are no longer relevant. What a utensil smoker. I knew he would try to pull strings in the background. Power hungry control freak.

Well he was and probably still a Dictator at Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back