Transfer discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought they were fine last season when Grealish missed. Took them a while but they adapted. Don't think they'll drop off as much as some would think when losing their best player. Biggest intrigue for me is how Ings and Watkins will work together.

That is the big question. Watkins is absolute quality (Tottenham should be all over him if they lose Kane) and Villa will make a good amount if they sell him down the road. The worry is how he’ll work in tandem with Ings. Only really seen Watkins in a 4-3-3.

I still think Smith will play a 4-3-3 as it’s his go to but the question is what modifications are made and where do they both fit in.
I'm wondering whether Deano will tweak formation.

Otherwise I'd expect Watkins leftish and Ings central. Watkins only took a more central role at Brentford when Maupay went to Brighton. Bailey on the right. Buendia behind.

Time will tell I suppose.

Can’t believe how much grealish has gone for, he’s not even worth half that amount imo

The thinking was no club would go anywhere near the release clause for a player like Grealiah especially in the current financial climate.

Release clauses generally need to also be paid upfront in full.

I'm wondering whether Deano will tweak formation.

Otherwise I'd expect Watkins leftish and Ings central. Watkins only took a more central role at Brentford when Maupay went to Brighton. Bailey on the right. Buendia behind.

Time will tell I suppose.

So do you think Watkins is still firmly first XI or is there a risk that he'll be a rotation with Ings (FPL purposes haha).

So do you think Watkins is still firmly first XI or is there a risk that he'll be a rotation with Ings (FPL purposes haha).

Ings has played on the left side of a front 3 before so they can both fit in with Watkins at CF.

Obviously away from home against quality opposition both won't start.

Yeah, I think I've torn up my draft, lol.

I would say first XI, due to his workrate/press as much as anything, he does a stack off the ball.

But the fixtures turn to s**t after 3 weeks. I'm taking Watkins/Buendia until week 4, Buendia will turn into ESR and Watkins to another 7.5m/8.0m striker.

Yeah, I think I've torn up my draft, lol.

I would say first XI, due to his workrate/press as much as anything, he does a stack off the ball.

But the fixtures turn to sh*t after 3 weeks. I'm taking Watkins/Buendia until week 4, Buendia will turn into ESR and Watkins to another 7.5m/8.0m striker.

Yeah I have no second striker that jumps out because of this signing, and I really don't trust Wilson's hamstrings, but should probably just take the punt on Wilson or Watkins for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thinking was no club would go anywhere near the release clause for a player like Grealiah especially in the current financial climate.

Release clauses generally need to also be paid upfront in full.
you’re inside peoples minds now? Players have a say in what their release clauses are when they sign their contracts as well.

are you a liverpool fan or a not man city fan?
in my time on this forum which is about 16 years I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone as fanatically consumed with another club as you are. It’s a pretty futile exercise.

Ings has played on the left side of a front 3 before so they can both fit in with Watkins at CF.

Obviously away from home against quality opposition both won't start.
It will be the other way around. Watkins played LF at Brentford with Maupay in the centre. I think he will move left to accommodate Ings in the centre.

Smart of Villa to re-sign Grealish last year and put in that clause. Protected them against lower offer and thought to themselves it’s possible but in these times that’s too good to turn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back