Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think it is. Not personal. Christine Carr is the the one who appointed the coach. Fact.
paying an inexeperinced non playing senior coach 20k and his assistant 12k to have an average lossing margins of around 200 one has to wonder what in the hell were they were thinking.

paying an inexeperinced non playing senior coach 20k and his assistant 12k to have an average lossing margins of around 200 one has to wonder what in the hell were they were thinking.
Can't polish a turd. Their list is bloody woeful.

I don’t think it is. Not personal. Christine Carr is the the one who appointed the coach. Fact.

Not arguing the second bit because I wouldn't know that but slightly curious as to what the f##k anyone bagging Allison would do if they were coaching that lot. Is there a secret winning ingredient he's missing. If so, someone please feel free to point it out because I can't see it.

Too many people with an axe to grind without offering any constructive ideas/alternatives. For example people bag him for offering big money to players. What should he be doing? Playing the youth of which there is none given the club hasn't got colts? Try to get former players back to help out maybe, pretty sure he's tried that with little luck.

They're just in a s**t position. Very ******* ordinary to pot the fella who inherited the mess if you're not gonna tell us how he should have gone about it this year.

I've heard Jeromery webberley has committed to Sorell.
massive signing for sorell if true, the have turned to corner and starting to become a destination club for players from the statewide leagues eastern shore clubs..... might finally shake the tag of dodges ferry poor disadvantaged neighbor

Finals settled for this year.
New Norfolk scrambled to a 3 and a bit goal win over Brighton and Hobart got smashed by Dodges by nearly a hundred points to miss out.
Lindisfarne eventually kicked away from Sorell and won by 15 goals with 8 goals to zip in the last.
Cygnet gave Claremont a 300 and change point belting.
Only position that could change is Huonville in 2nd and the Farne in 3rd with two sides meeting next week. 20210814_200303.jpg

New Norfolk scrambled to a 3 and a bit goal win over Brighton and Hobart got smashed by Dodges by nearly a hundred points to miss out.
Lindisfarne eventually kicked away from Sorell and won by 15 goals with 8 goals to zip in the last.
Only position that could change is Huonville in 2nd and the Farne in 3rd with two sides meeting next week.View attachment 1206069

11 Claremont boys played two games yesterday , hats off to them to get two sides out there yesterday, with them having the bye next week would of been easy for them to forfeit one of the games

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

11 Claremont boys played two games yesterday , hats off to them to get two sides out there yesterday, with them having the bye next week would of been easy for them to forfeit one of the games

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Heard a rumour more than a half dozen Hobart reserves players didn't even bother turning up to Dodges yesterday and colts players had to double up, piss poor if true.
Heard Paul Allison had gone from the Mont, didn't go to Cygnet yesterday at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dod
Only position that could change is Huonville in 2nd and the Farne in 3rd with two sides meeting next week.View attachment 1206069
DF can move to third if Lindisfarne beat Huonville And DF beat the sharks- DF on 44points.

Heard a rumour more than a half dozen Hobart reserves players didn't even bother turning up to Dodges yesterday and colts players had to double up, piss poor if true.
Heard Paul Allison had gone from the Mont, didn't go to Cygnet yesterday at all.
surprising to here that considering they will be playing the sharks in the elimination final in a few weeks.

Dod

DF can move to third if Lindisfarne beat Huonville And DF beat the sharks- DF on 44points.
I see its been updated now, didn't notice it was a game out.
I did notice in the paper Gilmour played on Saturday for Hobart in the 1s and kicked a goal, rumour was he was out for the season, must be why he pulled on the boots with those blokes not turning up. Can't understand why they'd not turn up, although, they aren't a lock in for finals yet, if my mail is right if they lose to Brighton and Cygnet beats NN, Cygnet would play finals ahead of them in the 2s.
Not surprised Allison quit the Mont, place is a train wreck, will take years for them to come back from thos last year or so. Thurley coached them on Saturday.
NN are pretty undermanned, will go out the first week of finals.
20210816_094129.jpg

Good thing Hobart rested their players from the rep game to be cherry ripe for finals.
Most of those that got named that didn't play in that haven't played or hardly played since then apparently.
Play injured players and the usual SFL dumdums would be screeching about playing injured players then.

I see Claremont have put ads out for new coaches in the 1s and 2s
FB_IMG_1629087914858.jpg FB_IMG_1629087917841.jpg

Most of those that got named that didn't play in that haven't played or hardly played since then apparently.
Play injured players and the usual SFL dumdums would be screeching about playing injured players then.

View attachment 1207749View attachment 1207750
Wonder who would want to take the challenge on ??? Would someone like Matty Smith be a good fit for the re build out there ?? I know he was right in to the Hobart job but they went Gilmore over him....

View attachment 1207749View attachment 1207750
jumping on the front foot looking for a coach that's smart, but it's also the s**t show behind the scenes that needs fixing. someone to come in with a new coach and rebuild from the ground up.

Whispers coming out that former Cygnet playing coach and club legend Wayne Lamb has been approached by the Claremont Football club in the hope of resurrecting the once great club.

Whispers coming out that former Cygnet playing coach and club legend Wayne Lamb has been approached by the Claremont Football club in the hope of resurrecting the once great club.
Was coaching one of the Brighton junior teams couple of years ago, son was playing in it, think they were in a grand final at least once.

Finals is here, the Port have the week off finishing top after smashing N.Norfolk at Boyer by 80 something points. Got the flag in the bag in my book.
Huonville finished second after beating the Farne by 3 and a bit goals at home, Blues kicked the last 5 or 6 of the game to make it look closer than it was, same two meet there next week.
Dodges won easily by 10+ goals down at Sorell and Hobart ran away from Brighton up the hill to win by 8 goals in the end.

So it'd be Huonville and Lindisfarne down at Huonville in the QF and Dodges and Norfik in the the EF at Dodges.

4d
Finals is here, the Port have the week off finishing top after smashing N.Norfolk at Boyer by 80 something points. Got the flag in the bag in my book.
Huonville finished second after beating the Farne by 3 and a bit goals at home, Blues kicked the last 5 or 6 of the game to make it look closer than it was, same two meet there next week.
Dodges won easily by 10+ goals down at Sorell and Hobart ran away from Brighton up the hill to win by 8 goals in the end.

So it'd be Huonville and Lindisfarne down at Huonville in the QF and Dodges and Norfik in the the EF at Dodges.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back