Who's the most physically impressive player in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t not mention Marcus Bontempelli.

Noah Balta is a fair athlete. Strong enough to push and shove with a Hawkins, but also measured as thereabouts for fastest in the league. And can jump

joel-selwood-of-the-cats-is-tackled-high-by-dustin-martin-of-the-of-picture-id1010502846

Ben Cunnington is physically impressive in the sense that he looks like a little meatball, but regularly overpowers opponents with pure strength. You wouldn't know how powerful he is by looking

I disagree (not that he is strong, but how powerful he looks)

Have played against many blokes that have his sort of build, and the sheer core strength that they have is insane. Not worried about the guys that are ripped and have 1% body fat that may look impressive. It's the Cunnington/McGovern/Hurn/Wines built guys that are the ones you don't want to run in to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Majak Daw has the sheer aesthetic Adonis build.

From Richmond Noah Balta is our best example of a physically imposing specimen combined with freak athleticism.

Josh Kennedy from Sydney has to be up there. Dude is a genetic freak of nature. 97kgs at 6 foot 2. Swole as hell. I remember reading a story about him back earlier in his career.. Apparently they have to keep him out of the weight room because he's so naturally jacked and he puts on muscle too easily. Can anyone confirm that story? Can't find it on the internet anymore.

Absolutely yoked out of his socks. Super impressive.

Suggest a cold shower before we have to turn the hose on you :thumbsu:

Paddy Dangerfield. To have that kind of size and be as explosive and fast off the mark is seriously impressive. Combine that with his serious ability to jump and you get a freak of a player who can do it all.

Paddy Dangerfield. To have that kind of size and be as explosive and fast off the mark is seriously impressive. Combine that with his serious ability to jump and you get a freak of a player who can do it all.

Danger underrated here, agreed. People don't realise he's as heavy as he is.

Nice nominations, but if it was a nude contest there would be only one winner

1629097225860.png

Dude was a walking trip hazard

Probably Mitch McGovern

Oh, wrong type of impressive?

A few at Hawthorn.
Jaeger comes to mind, so does Worpel.

Someone that i don't think anyone will talk about even tho he owns tackles and records on debut already but Jai Newcombe is unreal, he hasn't even had a pre season at VFL or AFL level yet and is strong out of his mind.

Jaeger.jpg Jai.jpg

Last edited:
A world leading sports physiologist that has worked for psg and ran an elite sporting academy in Qatar said that dangerfield is one of the most impressive athletes in the world. He’s still a flog though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back