Toby Greene makes contact with umpire - Update: Suspension Increased to 6 weeks on Appeal

What will happen to Toby?

• Gone - 4 weeks or more

Votes: 129 24.3%
  • Gone - 1-3 weeks

Votes: 278 52.5%
  • Fine only

Votes: 99 18.7%
  • Innocent - play on.

Votes: 24 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

he will get a couple of weeks for that. Sad as he has so much talent, and is a pleasure to watch ... but he is just too stupid for words.

He needs to be very careful as the weeks are piling up - and from what I understand, a combined 16 weeks suspension has major consequences (deregistration?) and he is getting close.

There's the other thread for the umpire contact but there was a similar fend off today that they paid a free kick for. The only difference is the Swans player didn't flop around in Rodney Dangerfield fashion. We'll see if he gets cited, you know consistency and all that.....

Mmmm...in looking at the Bourke-o-meter scoring method, if Carman is a 20 and Diesel is a 9, this Russian judge is giving Toby a firm 3-4.

Christian however...probably $1500 fine...who the * would know.

Every game, every ******* week we have to sit and watch corrupt umpiring like last nights first half.
Thats ok to blatantly cheat but nudge one of them and its a bad look and suspendable.

Mmmm...in looking at the Bourke-o-meter scoring method, if Carman is a 20 and Diesel is a 9, this Russian judge is giving Toby a firm 3-4.

Christian however...probably $1500 fine...who the fu** would know.
It will be referred to the Tribunal by the MRO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Toby and reckon he cops it raw from the umpires but that was dumb as fu**. Easily 2 weeks or more.

He doesn't do himself any favours. Stuff like this is WHY umps hate him. He has literally given them a reason not to pay him anything now.

Toby will get 2 weeks minimum for the Ump contact, 1 week for most players but the AFL hate Toby so it will be more then that

I hope the Giants have a clause in Toby’s contract that he doesn’t get paid his 20-30 thousand dollars for games he misses through suspension.

Every game, every ******* week we have to sit and watch corrupt umpiring like last nights first half.
Thats ok to blatantly cheat but nudge one of them and its a bad look and suspendable.
There wouldn't be a game without umpires. The ones I know don't cheat but still cop plenty of abuse and take it on the chin. If you start allowing players to deliberately nudge umpires without penalty, we will be lucky to have any umpires who want to do it.

Hawkins was in play though

What difference does it make? If anything it's worse, can somewhat excuse a stupid act in play in the heat of the moment, hard to make an argument for something that occurs as you're walking off the ground at the end of the quarter.

Hall smacks Staker in play and gets 7 weeks, do that at quarter time and I reckon it should be 14 (and a criminal charge).

It's going to be more than 1-2 weeks.

This wasn't inadvertent or innocent, he aggressively walked towards an umpire and intentionally bumped through him. I think 5 weeks is more likely.

I dislike Stevic as much as the next guy but there is absolutely no room for that in the sport.

Back