List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect this crazy trade idea will get shot down but in the interests of discussion…

Jed Anderson for Mitch McGovern

My justification. I love Jed but suspect he will be surplus to needs very quickly. Would fit into the Blues midfield. McGovern may be surplus at Carlton, especially with C.Curnow back. McGovern is younger than Jed and fills a need for us as a versatile tall. The deal would likely require financial discussion more than draft picks.

Ok. Be gentle. And go…

Suspect this crazy trade idea will get shot down but in the interests of discussion…

My justification. I love Jed but suspect he will be surplus to needs very quickly. Would fit into the Blues midfield. McGovern may be surplus at Carlton, especially with C.Curnow back. McGovern is younger than Jed and fills a need for us as a versatile tall. The deal would likely require financial discussion more than draft picks.

Ok. Be gentle. And go…
Mcgovern is probably free or a late pick on the trade table.
I doubt we'd have to give up anyone if we went that direction.

Ok. Be gentle. And go…

Good lateral thinking but I think he's just a couple of years too old. If Tarrant retired - yes, get 3-4 years of good footy.

Jed is important because he is one of only a couple in that age group of 25-27

Ok. Be gentle. And go…

Well, you didn’t lead with Anderson + 3rd rounder for Sam Walsh, so you’re ahead of most trade suggestions.:thumbsu:

the value exchange looks about right, but I think we have enough medium forwards who can take a grab (Zurhaar, Taylor, Thomas, Sleevo, Ford, etc.). I’d prefer a true tall or small forward.

There was talk a week or so back the Carlton report had McGovern as a dead man walking. You wouldn't need to put Jed in any conversation, pay his contract and he'd be a third rounder.

There was talk a week or so back the Carlton report had McGovern as a dead man walking. You wouldn't need to put Jed in any conversation, pay his contract and he'd be a third rounder.
I'd actually consider it, spread his contract over 3-4 years and play him as an intercepting key defender. Probably still a no given his injury history but worth thinking about.

Absolutely I’d take McGovern for a token late pick. His problem at Carlton has been rocking up to preseason with his body in awful nick. With Nobes driving high standards I think he’d flourish like he did in Adelaide.

I'd actually consider it, spread his contract over 3-4 years and play him as an intercepting key defender. Probably still a no given his injury history but worth thinking about.

I liked him at the Crows but I can't recall one single game at Carlton where he looked good. Might be a similar case to Hogan at Freo though.

I wouldn't be surprised though if McGovern was in WA by the end of the trade period.

GWS midfielder Josh Kelly has outlined the thoughts that were going through his head when deciding whether to re-sign with the Giants or take up a deal with North Melbourne.

Kelly recently opted in to an eight-year contract extension with GWS, worth reportedly $1 million per season.

However, the lure to return to Victoria and play for North Melbourne, the team he supported growing up, was strong.

“There was nothing specific and I’ve said throughout that I always felt a bit of a tie there (North) because of my dad playing football there and supporting them as a kid,” Kelly told Sportsday

“That was the kind of thing that was running through my head, but in the end I just felt an obligation to the Giants and the culture that we’ve built and I wanted to hang around and have success here and that’s what I’m pretty motivated about going forward.”

Kelly added that the chance to win a premiership at GWS, after being a key establishing block of the club, was a big part of his decision to stay.

“There was always a bunch of factors running through my head in a big decision like this,” Kelly said.

“It’s a great club to be at and the culture is really established, we’ve got a lot of great people in the right positions, the players, the staff, we’ve just got a great bunch and that’s something I want to be a part of and that’s something I’ve been a part of for a long time already.

“You build relationships and you want to have success with those people around you and I truly believe and we’re in a position where we can hopefully do it in the near future going forward.

“It’s an exciting place to be and I was rapt to get it done and get it out of the way and just focus on footy.”

Kelly picked up 28 disposals in GWS’ one-point Elimination Final win over Sydney on the weekend and is now gearing up for a Semi Final clash with Geelong at Optus Stadium.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok. Be gentle. And go…

As I’ve stated previously. Jed wouldn’t be starting 22 in any of the top 8 teams.

Love his hardness but realistically he has absolutely no midfield polish.

At best would get a 3rd rounder from Suns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As I’ve stated previously. Jed wouldn’t be starting 22 in any of the top 8 teams.

Love his hardness but realistically he has absolutely no midfield polish.

At best would get a 3rd rounder from Suns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's probably not needed with Josh Kelly locked in.

Surely that makes him one of the lowest paid players at the Blues?
If that figure is still accurate it just proves the salary cap is a farce, no way the blues could fit all these pay packets in the cap

Get Crows to give Dumont $750k(who else they paying) over 3 years, gives us first round compo pick 2.
trade pick 1 for their first this year and first next year.
We take Callaghan and Gibcus this year and have an extra first next year.
Crows have Dumont and the one they want in Horne.

Use the two first rounders next year for Ben King.

This trading stuff is easy.

Get Crows to give Dumont $750k(who else they paying) over 3 years, gives us first round compo pick 2.
trade pick 1 for their first this year and first next year.
We take Callaghan and Gibcus this year and have an extra first next year.
Crows have Dumont and the one they want in Horne.

Use the two first rounders next year for Ben King.

This trading stuff is easy.

You're rating Gibcus as pick 21?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back