Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you know what a glass of cola tastes like or do you believe it tastes like cola?
Wouldn’t know. Only way I can stomach the stuff is if it’s heavily diluted with rum.

But seriously, none of the cola beverages of which I’m aware demand the total abasement of the self before the wonders of their flavour will be revealed.

That’s the thing about Christianity. You folk sign your entire self away on something for which you carry out less due diligence than a new car purchase.

Last edited:
Please like this comment if you would like me to comeback and want to continue our discussion.

Debate is about evidence, science, logic, history, logical explanation of verses etc. Making 'claims' is not much of a 'discussion'. Posting an isolated Isiah verse while ignoring everything else that points to a flat earth, isn't really a discussion and even if you are right about the shape of the earth, it was hardly revolutionary.

This was written thousands of years before it was discovered the earth was round.

Isiah 40:22 he sits above the circle of the earth
Earth is flat. That's why angels will stand at the four corners of the earth (Rev 7:1)

There are many instances in which religious people have to choose between scientific evidence and "the truth". Obviously the theory of evolution is wrong because the truth is that god put two naked people in a garden with a talking snake.

On witnessing any occurrence for which they can find no satisfactory explanation, any sane and sensible person with a basic grasp of the immutable laws of physics says “that is something for which we currently have no satisfactory explanation”. And that is that.

It’s only the credulous who can’t accept that there are many, many things for which there is currently no explanation, and instead have this compulsion to invest inexplicable events with a significance that suits their agenda.

Agreed but that is a random event you are describing; not a targeted and repeatable occurrence.

Last edited:
"Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness I permit no woman to teach or have authority over a man; rather, she is to remain silent."
1 Timothy 2: 11-12

Translated - “Shut up, b*tch”

sweet book you’ve got there

In acts 18:26 a husband and wife Priscilla and Aquila are teaching Apolos. The scripture you describe is about a women in learning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Earth is flat. That's why angels will stand at the four corners of the earth (Rev 7:1)

There are many instances in which religious people have to choose between scientific evidence and "the truth". Obviously the theory of evolution is wrong because the truth is that god put two naked people in a garden with a talking snake.

The book of revelation was a dream; there is 7 headed bests in there. It is not meant to be taken literally.

Regarding the theory of evolution; in the time man has kept records there has never been two chimpanzees that mated and produced a human.

Sorry, what do you mean by "targeted"?

And "repeatable"? By whom? Sounds like a successful scientific proof to me.

Meaning you will know it is god when it happens.

Think about a de ja vu; most of us have experienced it and it is widely regarded to be true. Science cannot explain it; but does that mean that it is a lie? Can we prove it because it will happen again?

Last edited:
Debate is about evidence, science, logic, history, logical explanation of verses etc. Making 'claims' is not much of a 'discussion'. Posting an isolated Isiah verse while ignoring everything else that points to a flat earth, isn't really a discussion and even if you are right about the shape of the earth, it was hardly revolutionary.

We all know the earth is round now because of satellites and Columbus journey around the globe.

Before then there was Galilleo and other astromers etc that believed it to be round.

My point is just because Science has not yet proven something does not mean it is untrue.

We all know the earth is round now because of satellites and Columbus journey around the globe.

Before then there was Galilleo and other astromers etc that believed it to be round.

My point is just because Science has not yet proven something does not mean it is untrue.

Hardly the point i tried to make, you picked a Biblical verse to prove your point. The point being,

1. Earth is not a circle
2. The verse you quoted doesn't imply the earth is a sphere
3. Earth being a sphere was known BEFORE the bible was written
4. It's hardly revolutionary.
5. Bible indicates the earth is flat in many verses. (How the * would you be able to see the whole earth from the top of the mountain otherwise????)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back