Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep-down the track it can be relaxed but definitely needed from now, indefinitely.
Yeah, if cases hit 350ish by midweek, the messaging is going to change very quickly because it means that the high R_eff isn't an anomaly.

That means a dramatic temporary and immediate expansion of state vaccination capacity.

I'd expect extended hours, more drive through and pop up clinics, all available medical personnel, from students to vets being redirected, a huge draw down on national AZ stockpiles and accelerated plans for vaccine passports particularly for certain industries. Frontline staff, gig economy workers and construction.

True. But I don’t think the weather is the primary issue. It’s more that nothing whatsoever was built there that you can’t get elsewhere, better and even with a bit of history, vibe, culture thrown in
Yeah maybe that’s just me.

I go there for functions and it’s almost invariably cold and shitful.

But if it’s looking like a warm weekend I’ll chuck the kids into my old trailer sailer and we’ll sail up the river and stop for the night and it’s great.

But there just aren’t enough of those warm weekends. Queenscliff, Portarlington, and Williamstown have better protection anyway.

Yeah, if cases hit 350ish by midweek, the messaging is going to change very quickly because it means that the high R_eff isn't an anomaly.

That means a dramatic temporary and immediate expansion of state vaccination capacity.

I'd expect extended hours, more drive through and pop up clinics, all available medical personnel, from students to vets being redirected, a huge draw down on national AZ stockpiles and accelerated plans for vaccine passports particularly for certain industries. Frontline staff, gig economy workers and construction.

where we getting the vaccine from? NSW is the priority

Yeah maybe that’s just me.

I go there for functions and it’s almost invariably cold and shitful.

But if it’s looking like a warm weekend I’ll chuck the kids into my old trailer sailer and we’ll sail up the river and stop for the night and it’s great.

But there just aren’t enough of those warm weekends. Queenscliff, Portarlington, and Williamstown have better protection anyway.
Williamstown and Queenscliff are great but for some reason every time I go it’s a gale force icy wind. Still love them because they have their own personality and are lovely spots, I can tell that even when drenched.

But I agree, the best move would be somehow to flatten docklands and start again with an agenda beyond building as many properties to lease ASAP. I too had my docklands experience from work trips and conferences and it put me off the whole city.

I’ve got faith in the best of Melbourne. It will all recover. We just need to hang on a bit and minimise the dead from this hideous event. Melbourne I still love. I’m not even Victorian but I can’t see myself leaving
Yep- it will take time but it’ll be ok. Agree, Melbourne is a wonderful town.

I’ve got faith in the best of Melbourne. It will all recover. We just need to hang on a bit and minimise the dead from this hideous event. Melbourne I still love. I’m not even Victorian but I can’t see myself leaving
When it does open, the Italian Waiters Club is a must if it’s still there.

not just that though. Moving from Italy to Canada, if our rhetoric becomes reality and we are following these models, you wont be going to a restaurant, pub, concert, footy, or gym for some time
He/she probably grows and cooks her own food, brews beer, records music in 4 seperate genres, has a home gym, their own art gallery and doesn’t like sporting events .

Those posters are heavily outnumbered by Labor fanbois, by what seems at times a ratio of 100:1, who regurgitate LWNF propaganda in the SRP forum ad nauseam. I admire their tenacity in sticking around for as long they have and contribute as often as they do because they even cop abuse from moderators and even the site owner chimes in to give them a good whack from time to time.

There is simply no comparison in the amount of conservative opinions that are espoused in this forum to that that are favourable to the Labor parties and left wing ideology; LWNJs are more or less left to run amok and practically do as they damn please whereas conservatives are kept on a very short leash and banned or suspended frequently.

A large part of it it's because the site owner and moderators are blatantly 'progressive' and have a higher level of tolerance for trolling abuse by those that share their views, you have to be blinded by partisan hackery to deny this

Overwhelmingly the people I reference ( not all so you don't selectively pick that line as a source of response) are well-credentialed and well qualified to have an opinion on the matters under discussion. So often the content is so on-the-mark the best the confirmed rightists and pseudo independents can do is discredit them rather than the content. A path well-trodden by some here when the content eviscerates their drivel.

The fact you and fellow rightists resort to such pejorative language says to me the posts from the likes of Brittany Higgins, Grace Tame, Jo Dyer et al on women's sexual assault; Prof Doherty, Prof Baxter, Prof McLaws et al on vaccines and Covid; Richard Acland publisher of The Justinian, barristers Julian Burnside, Josh Bornstein, Marque Lawyers on legal and associated matters; Laura Tingle, Raf Epstein, Amy Remeikis et al on media matters are telling. Rightists have attempted to discredit each of them and others at one time or another. Rather than their content. So you and your fellow Neanderthals' attempts to undermine my referencing of well-qualified people like these who are far better versed to comment than people like you lead me to believe they are hitting home.

Abuse from moderators? They offer a different view so it's abuse in your small mind. There is a mechanism for reporting abuse - both mods and us great unwashed - and if you think it's only the right who cop it you're living in a parallel universe. Just more of rightist attempts to discredit that is more imagined than real.

The site owner provides a forum for all comers to publish a point of view within the guidelines. He's entitled to express his point of view too. Challenge it if it offends your sensibilities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those posters are heavily outnumbered by Labor fanbois, by what seems at times a ratio of 100:1, who regurgitate LWNF propaganda in the SRP forum ad nauseam. I admire their tenacity in sticking around for as long they have and contribute as often as they do because they even cop abuse from moderators and even the site owner chimes in to give them a good whack from time to time.

There is simply no comparison in the amount of conservative opinions that are espoused in this forum to that that are favourable to the Labor parties and left wing ideology; LWNJs are more or less left to run amok and practically do as they damn please whereas conservatives are kept on a very short leash and banned or suspended frequently.

A large part of it it's because the site owner and moderators are blatantly 'progressive' and have a higher level of tolerance for trolling abuse by those that share their views, you have to be blinded by partisan hackery to deny this.
Australians are by nature conservative, as are most of the rational contributors to posts such as this. They don’t believe in trashing established norms, without very sound reasoning.

4m of Pfizer just arrived with Victoria getting over 1m of that

I'm not holding my breath. Reports today shown the gp network has been prioritising Pfizer for NSW in addition to the extra deliveries going to the state hubs.

A large part of it it's because the site owner and moderators are blatantly 'progressive' and have a higher level of tolerance for trolling abuse by those that share their views, you have to be blinded by partisan hackery to deny this.

Problem is, alot of the conservatives are racists, or they hate women. Sometimes both, or worse.

If you are on the same side as white supremacy, nazis, incels etc, you are on the wrong side.

Chapel Street's been killed by lockdowns as well. It's a sad shell of its former self. I'm sure it will recover in time. Seeing Caribbean Gardens fold was disappointing though.

Chapel Street was in trouble before covid. It's been a shadow of its former self for a decade

Yeah, neither Chapel nir Lygon were at their best, but it was awful post covid.

Covid is definitely stress testing retail. Most of the weaker ones are being crushed

Me and my partner got our first Jab on Friday of Pfizer. Everywhere was booked up and had to book in at Melbourne showgrounds November 5th. OK no worries.
She just gets a message saying because of her health conditions, she cant go there, has to get it fine at a hospital.
She explained all the hospitals were booked up so we didn't have a choice. Could they see what they could do? Transfer her to a hospital booking around that date?
Nope, that's your fault, she should have gotten AZ...
But because of her low immune system and weaker organs from cancer she wasn't allowed to get AZ...
Nope, sorry we can't help you, you should have gotten AZ

Problem is, alot of the conservatives are racists, or they hate women. Sometimes both, or worse.

If you are on the same side as white supremacy, nazis, incels etc, you are on the wrong side.

Lol. Presume this was a troll.. what a ridiculous comment.

I might as well say alot of progressives are lazy, naive, overly emotive hypocrites, normally with a totalitarian streak who add little substantive value to society and survive only off other people's hard work and promoting bulltish causes. They point to "science" that they never actually study and seem to grasp the substance of almost as poorly as they do economics. They're also obsessed with this idea of always being on the right side of history when their side of politics has often been very much on the wrong side (Mao, Stalin etc).

I might as well say alot of progressives are lazy, naive, overly emotive hypocrites, normally with a totalitarian streak who add little substantive value to society and survive only off other people's hard work and promoting bulltish causes. They point to "science" that they never actually study and seem to grasp the substance of almost as poorly as they do economics. They're also obsessed with this idea of always being on the right side of history when their side of politics has often been very much on the wrong side (Mao, Stalin etc).
You can't make an omelette without scrambling some right wing brains

Mao and Stalin were economic left, sure. But they were authoritarian, just like the fascists.

The political compass has both x and y axis, if you hadn't noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back