List Mgmt. 2021 Trade, FA and Draft Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you think he's worth trade wise? We could use him in the guts. Would cats first pick get it done? ~ pick 16.

Pick 16 woulld be about right for Angus. He’s forced onto a wing in our 22 but would be a B+ grade inside mid at most clubs. Good player.

Last edited:
It’s just lazy reporting IMO with the Freo want Jackson stuff. They keep saying it yet I doubt Melbourne have got this far down the track without a plan. One that doesn’t involve Jackson. Also lazy to say we’re selling him via flags. Of course we’ll be saying come to a club that can win flags though.

Jackson isn’t going anywhere. Not while he’s at a club smack bang in a premiership window. Playing with good mates and having a ball. Would make no sense at all for him to do that.

He may go home to WA at some point. It just won’t be in the next 3-4 years while he has an opportunity to play in a side genuinely challenging for silverware.

Pick 16 woulld be about right for Angus. He’s forced onto a wing in our 22 but would be an B+ grade inside mid at most clubs. Good player.
Yeah I reckon he'd be just about a perfect fit for us. What sort of coin would he be on? We are apparently chasing a ball winner. Not sure if we could squeeze him in.

Pick 16, your pick 33 and pick 34 or 39 (from pies for weideman) for Cerra could work for you guys.

Bump.

Yep, it was moi who first called this boys. Way back in the very first post in this thread on April 7.

Good ol’ GoH. Get around me!
If it happens I will start a celebration thread in your honour.

if

Jackson isn’t going anywhere. Not while he’s at a club smack bang in a premiership window. Playing with good mates and having a ball. Would make no sense at all for him to do that.

He may go home to WA at some point. It just won’t be in the next 3-4 years while he has an opportunity to play in a side genuinely challenging for silverware.

I agree it’s unlikely. But anyone who pretends to know with any confidence what’s going on in that kids head is kidding themselves.

It’s just lazy reporting IMO with the Freo want Jackson stuff. They keep saying it yet I doubt Melbourne have got this far down the track without a plan. One that doesn’t involve Jackson. Also lazy to say we’re selling him via flags. Of course we’ll be saying come to a club that can win flags though.
AFL journalism 2021 in a nutshell

I agree it’s unlikely. But anyone who pretends to know with any confidence what’s going on in that kids head is kidding themselves.
Having watched his interviews, I'm pretty sure a team of psychoanalysts wouldn't be able to work out what's in Dogga's head. He's the smartest dumb person I have ever heard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really can't see Angus getting traded. Guy is playing his role, bit he's the life blood of the club- whole family is rusted on in club life. Trading him would be a big mistake IMO.

I didn’t watch all of it, but I did see the part of G&G podcast where Goody gives a lot of credit for the teams success to the leadership group, and he genuinely seemed to be including Gus as part of that. Made me think his spot on the team is pretty secure.

It's lazy because Jackson isn't the only player that Freo would consider. Jackson is a gun western Australian therefore Freo must be targeting Jackson. Of course they would ask about Jackson but they would also know that is unlikely. It's like when you haggle over something at a market in Thailand. They always ask for a high price it's, you haggle and get to a more appropriate price.

Every club is pitching to a player they are targeting with the prospect of winning flags. Carlton would be saying "come to us, our list is ready to take the next step and compete for flags." We're saying "Come to us we're in the window."

No club is pitching to a player that their club has no idea what their future looks like. Geelong didn't sign Cameron on the prospect of cheap real estate.

I wouldn't be trading Gus at all, given that he and his family have provided so much more off the field/culture-wise than a lot of people think about. Two years ago I wouldn't have a problem but now no chance.

The G&G Podcast
Getting us more marquee games(think we would get the Spuds game in Round 2 without him and Spuds daughter? I don't think so)
His family housing Riv,Dogga and Pickett.

No way would I want him traded now. He too integral and crucial.

I wouldn't be trading Gus at all, given that he and his family have provided so much more off the field/culture-wise than a lot of people think about. Two years ago I wouldn't have a problem but now no chance.

The G&G Podcast
Getting us more marquee games(think we would get the Spuds game in Round 2 without him and Spuds daughter? I don't think so)
His family housing Riv,Dogga and Pickett.

No way would I want him traded now. He too integral and crucial.

Save your ‘too integral and crucial’ call for two and a half weeks. If we fail this weekend or Port’s quick legs overrun us in the Big One you may change your tune.

The good bloke factor counts for less than class and skill on grand final day.

could we get pick 23 for Sparrow from the crows. maybe give them 51 back. Dogs will need points for Darcy so could package up 23 and 34 for 14 and another pick back our way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back