The Perth Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

My point is that it happens frequently, on an almost daily basis, and it's almost always juveniles.

This poor bloke got unlucky with his injuries and is fighting for his life. But it's not surprising at all - this is the result of our pathetic court system.

GBH is such a sh*t charge for an unprovoked attack like that. It should be attempted murder with an upgrade to a murder charge if he dies.
Manslaughter if he dies.

My point is that it happens frequently, on an almost daily basis, and it's almost always juveniles.

This poor bloke got unlucky with his injuries and is fighting for his life. But it's not surprising at all - this is the result of our pathetic court system.
Does it actually happen on a daily basis? I’m just thinking about times I’ve been out with the boys in nb, it’s pretty feral.

Does it actually happen on a daily basis? I’m just thinking about times I’ve been out with the boys in nb, it’s pretty feral.
I think Northbridge and the general Friday/Saturday night alcohol fuelled antisocial behaviour is a different conversation. This incident is not related.

I've been going out in Perth/Northbridge since the early 2000s and commuting in and out of the city via train on and off for a decade or so and have always thought the unsafe aspect was overblown. The sort of thing that people who don't actually go into the city ring up Howard Sattler (vale) to complain about. Was rougher when the Roe St wasteland was there and there were a small number or large venues IMO.

Horrible when incidents like the above happen. Can only assume you have to be drug ****ed to just attack someone out of the blue. Never really understood people who get aggressive on a night out on the drink and go looking for trouble but just attacking someone - there's no explanation.

I've been going out in Perth/Northbridge since the early 2000s and commuting in and out of the city via train on and off for a decade or so and have always thought the unsafe aspect was overblown. The sort of thing that people who don't actually go into the city ring up Howard Sattler (vale) to complain about. Was rougher when the Roe St wasteland was there and there were a small number or large venues IMO.

Horrible when incidents like the above happen. Can only assume you have to be drug f’ed to just attack someone out of the blue. Never really understood people who get aggressive on a night out on the drink and go looking for trouble but just attacking someone - there's no explanation.
Despite hearing about it all the time, often in spots where I had been at roughly the same time, I never experienced anything horrific while out in the city/NB. Some scuffles every now and then, but I never personally felt unsafe or like I needed to get out of there in a hurry. Oddly, the times I have felt that way have been at the coastal spots (Bar 120 :sick:).

Sooo. How’s that budget yesterday

time he started spending some of it - some sectors haven't had a pay rise in 5 years, the housing sector getting a late boost but not enough and don’t even get me started on our health system - our poor nurses are exhausted due to the sheer lack of numbers and that’s only one issue

other than that - all good 🤪

Sooo. How’s that budget yesterday

I do like some bits... like scrapping the $1000 pay rise cap for public servants, ending logging in native forests, and the climate action fund.

Not happy about the lack of action in the child protection arena, we're well past critical in that field with case workers melting down under massive case loads.

time he started spending some of it - some sectors haven't had a pay rise in 5 years, the housing sector getting a late boost but not enough and don’t even get me started on our health system - our poor nurses are exhausted due to the sheer lack of numbers and that’s only one issue

other than that - all good 🤪
To be fair, they already announced a couple billion going into health care. But if the economy is hot, it's time to invest hard in health because the neglect has been going on for decades.

Disappointing to see some of the Metronet projects delayed but the reasoning was good: building boom is already making it harder to access materials and workers, and spreading it out means the building boom will be sustained (and potentially cheaper).

Drove to Cockburn to pick up something I bought online second hand.

Good lord what have they done to that area turning off to Armadale Rd/Beeliar area.

It is a cluster *. I live in the area and still have nfi what they are doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrible when incidents like the above happen. Can only assume you have to be drug f’ed to just attack someone out of the blue. Never really understood people who get aggressive on a night out on the drink and go looking for trouble but just attacking someone - there's no explanation.
Used to go out a fair bit in Northbridge from 99 to around 05 late at night and yeah despite the occasional fight breaking out in the street you would walk past never ever felt in danger or had a single problem myself or any friends. Maybe just lucky.

Actually one funny story was my mate selling like a $15 Ed Harry jumper he was wearing to a bloke that had just been in a fight for I dunno $80+ or something. It was that ****ing cold though and to have to give it up and wear a T shirt that night it was actually a pretty fair price.

Used to go out a fair bit in Northbridge from 99 to around 05 late at night and yeah despite the occasional fight breaking out in the street you would walk past never ever felt in danger or had a single problem myself or any friends. Maybe just lucky.

Actually one funny story was my mate selling like a $15 Ed Harry jumper he was wearing to a bloke that had just been in a fight for I dunno $80+ or something. It was that ****ing cold though and to have to give it up and wear a T shirt that night it was actually a pretty fair price.

You're not the only one.

Yeah you shouldn't be confronting a group of drunken men by yourself or being a general campaigner on the street but as long as you kept to yourself and your friends, combined with the usual high police presence, things were fine.

I felt more in danger in Paris at night, for example.

Does anyone actually know what the incident was on the freeway this afternoon?

Someone threatening to jump from one of the overpasses on the Northern side

I dont think they went through with it though thankfully.

MMG has absolute control so he can do what ever he wants. I look forward to the day this smug A hole is sent to jail like his mentor Brian Burke.

So a toothless piece of nothing
I expect the negative mark stories to build as the election gets closer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back