List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only way doedee moving is if they are really pushing for that 1st

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep and I hope it ain’t ours

Interestingly enough both Melbourne & Footscray had 1 really poor year (MFC 2019 & WBD 2018) where they were able to hit the draft with two first rounders and ended up with Naughton, Smith, Kozi & Jackson.

I CBF going back and checking the detail but I’m pretty sure Collingwood (Thomas, Pendleton) and West Coast (Gaff, Darling) did similar prior to their flags.

This thread is like being out on the bay all day and everything you catch is undersized. There isnt much out there and to be honest, anyone that has been mentioned the last 5 pages will not do anything but clog the list. The fish have gone off the bite, time to pack it up and hit the tinnies.

It's pointless as won't happen but I'd take doedee Jones and 4 for 1... but sure crows won't do that.

Of course they wouldn’t we’d need to add in further picks . Now regardless of people’s opinions on this . The actual really interesting point is we clearly do not rate our backline and that’s exciting .
Now also exciting is that we’re no longer a pushover and should someone want pick #1 they’ll need to pay Tom Piper as the saying goes .

Interestingly enough both Melbourne & Footscray had 1 really poor year (MFC 2019 & WBD 2018) where they were able to hit the draft with two first rounders and ended up with Naughton, Smith, Kozi & Jackson.

And people still question the value of early draft picks vs “winning culture”… Winning culture is only important when it matters. You need high quality talent to get there.

Fortunate of climbing the ladder and then rolling out an unders year or two has proven quite favorable for both of the Dees and Dogs. Both picked up key players when they should have finished higher on the ladder.

I don’t wish this on us, but it doesn’t always mean black clouds in the future.

The Dees managed Pickett and Jackson after making a prelim who are both key players in their team right now.

The Dogs got Naughton after a premiership year.

Both teams potentially aren’t in the GF without those opportunities.

Of course they wouldn’t we’d need to add in further picks . Now regardless of people’s opinions on this . The actual really interesting point is we clearly do not rate our backline and that’s exciting .
Now also exciting is that we’re no longer a pushover and should someone want pick #1 they’ll need to pay Tom Piper as the saying goes .

I don't not rate it.... just clearly need a running/ rebound def and prob another kpd alongside buckets

That's a relief as I don't rate our backline either.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rate our backline or not, out of 7 we have 2 X31 yr olds and 1 X 33 next year with a bunch of unproven/ injury prone's and only 2 the class we want in McKay & Corr loger term.

In two years we need to replace Taz, Ziebs and Hall (maybe longer but..) and if the 'bunch', Perez, Bonar, Young, R2 etc don't come on we are a massive bust.

So there is some urgency I would think to at least draft 2/3 backs and if a suitable FA comes along then great.

I’m glad they are prioritising the back 6 as it’s been neglected for some time.

Using pick 1 to address the backline isn’t the answer tho, unless you’re getting a Weitering.

That’s the kind of player that needs to be in the conversation for Pick 1 - Naughton, King, Weitering types. As mentioned there isn’t anyone on Adelaides list worthy of being in that discussion, bar Thilthorpe and even with him it’s early days.

I recall Freo using pick 1 to address their backline many years ago and ended up trading it for Trent Croad, worked out pretty well for Hawthorn.

I would kinda rather Chol over CJJ in my opinion. Can win his own ball at ground level, great intercept mark, good kick at goal and brings a lot of pressure.

Are we going to ask for PP?

Dear me i would not have called Menegola a spud pretty handy i would have thought but everyone to their own. I would in that case just play Constable on ball TT jhf and even LDU could and can play forward and be real weapons while doing so. Just like the Doggies are doing with Smith Dunkley and even the Bont at the moment just my take on it.
You want to push our two most dynamic mids out of the way to the half forward line so we gain gift games to a plodder who's managed 9 games in 3 seasons at the cats, who are crying out for young midfield talent?

jiminy.

If you buy into media speculation in any way, then it is fair to assume we are going to end up with at least one of:

Mabior Chol
Callum Coleman-Jones
Sam Weideman

I can see an upside with any of them but more importantly, hope we don't overpay

If you buy into media speculation in any way, then it is fair to assume we are going to end up with at least one of:

Mabior Chol
Callum Coleman-Jones
Sam Weideman

I can see an upside with any of them but more importantly, hope we don't overpay

Take the cheapest if we’re forced to pick one. They’re much of a muchness.

You make it sound easy to displace selwood, danger, guthrie. He lacks versatility and that has hurt his chances but he's still only 22.

The argument - our mids are small and without Ben Cunnington we lack a big bodied pure ball winner. Cunnington isn't getting any younger and his own health issues right now. I think he'd compliment our other midfielders well.
They’ve had plenty of guys roll through that 5th-6th-7th mid spot. Yes it might be simplistic to say "if he was any good hed be playing", but it’s a good starting point.

If he was good enough to make our current young midfield group better, and be worth more than rolling the dice on the pick it would take to get him where you can pick for needs, …

he'd be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back