Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble with “science” is that their modelling always reflects the worst case scenario, but real life throws up so many exceptions that their outcomes often (nearly always) don’t come to pass. Then we’re told how lucky we are.
Isn't it more that there is normally a giant number of variables in the "worst case scenario", so even if a small amount of the variables are improved by a small amount, we will still see a huge gap between the "worst case scenario" and an ongoing outcome?
And some of the variables have a percentage outcome. So luck can also play a part.

The trouble with “science” is that their modelling always reflects the worst case scenario, but real life throws up so many exceptions that their outcomes often (nearly always) don’t come to pass. Then we’re told how lucky we are.

The trouble with "faith" is that they are mostly grifters and that's the best case scenario.

What? “Science” didn’t create evolution. Just how arrogant are you?

And if you’re looking for someone the advocate for “intelligent design”, you won’t find it here.

I quite like this, though, which is derived of faith and not science.

You'd be humming that tune without science except for the fact you wouldn't know the chords due to your inability to create the printing press frpm faith.

Stop elective surgery? Fine. How about the wards, with you know sick people that need staffing. You are the one threatening vaccinated asymptotic nurses with lawsuits.

Under your unworkable, illogical solution you won’t have a fraction of the nurses you need to even run a hospital on skeleton staffing. With the case numbers in the community they will all be at home. How can you possibly not understand this given you are an intelligent guy?

So, your solution is actually more people dying because I guarantee you that a patient coming in after a car accident stands a better chance with an asymptotic vaccinated nurse who was in the same Coles a week ago as a Covid case than a nurse who is under house arrest watching Netflix.

Stop elective surgery. That’s a good start. What about the thousands of other patients?
I can only think of one compromise solution and that is to treat all essential, frontline health workers under a different system. By the nature of their work they will be exposed to COVID risk more than any other person, but we can’t tolerate the staffing reductions for 14 days isolated each time it happens.

They have to be treated as tier 2 exposure - so isolate until test results get returned negative. And hopefully health workers themselves will have the sense and knowledge to get the hell away from patients if they themselves have symptoms. I see no other way to carry on the other necessary (vital) work in this area. I’m having surgery tomorrow. I’m freaking glad it is going ahead because it’s looked pretty dicey.

Well they're wrong about global warming!

Have been through this many times. Thus far there's not one restriction on the "vaccine passport" that I would miss, so there's no impact on me there.

I'm clearly willing to accept the risks.

There are people with worse opinions than myself that will stop Victoria reaching the 80% figure that the government desperately wants to reach.
Considering how the vaccines are triggering the immune response, aren't you worried about the long term effects of covid as well?

Would seeing the mRNA sequence of the Pfizer (for example) to compare to Covid directly change anything?

Not sure which paper is the source, but apparently the are getting modelling from Burnett, which will be used to assist in formulating a roadmap

Well they're wrong about global warming!

Have been through this many times. Thus far there's not one restriction on the "vaccine passport" that I would miss, so there's no impact on me there.

I'm clearly willing to accept the risks.

There are people with worse opinions than myself that will stop Victoria reaching the 80% figure that the government desperately wants to reach.
They’ve dumped the idea in England. Hopefully they do the same here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why bother having the Premier or ministers fronting a daily news conference when they've ceded their power to the medical experts?

Seriously though, I'd be pretty happy not to have to see Daniel or his offsiders repeating the same thing adnauseum every day, it really doesn't add much and their time could be better spent. Twice a week media conference from the Premier is plenty

Agreed. The less of the big politicking flog the better.

He could start by signing off on the Victorian mental health eba. Nurses and staff have been waiting over 18 months without a pay rise whilst his terrible system fails under the weight of his heavy handed lockdown approach.

Agreed. The less of the big politicking flog the better.

He could start by signing off on the Victorian mental health eba. Nurses and staff have been waiting over 18 months without a pay rise whilst his terrible system fails under the weight of his heavy handed lockdown approach.

You look at places like San Francisco, LA, and Chicago and you begin to wonder if it's actually intentional. Throw billions of dollars and well meaning words at "the problem" but spend it where it does the least good, all the while creating another generation of even worse mental health problems under cover of "keeping us safe".

Last edited:
Considering how the vaccines are triggering the immune response, aren't you worried about the long term effects of covid as well?

Would seeing the mRNA sequence of the Pfizer (for example) to compare to Covid directly change anything?

Here's the thing having read a bit about mRNA vaccines do vs what Astra Zeneca does..... I'm on the AZ train even with the increased risk of blood clots!
The mRNA vaccines are the bigger unknown (5-10+ years down the track).

Extra week wait for our pathway/plan. Reckon we’re just waiting to see how NSW goes?

Reckon they need to work out how fast we can ramp up vax with the extra supply. When do we start doing 100000 a day? Difference could be between hitting 80% by mid Dec or mid Nov.

The daily case numbers mean nothing anymore IMO. Its hospitalisations, ICU and vax totals..

Extra week wait for our pathway/plan. Reckon we’re just waiting to see how NSW goes?

more they need the Burdett modelling to predict how the higher numbers will react with the vaccination levels

Here's the thing having read a bit about mRNA vaccines do vs what Astra Zeneca does..... I'm on the AZ train even with the increased risk of blood clots!
The mRNA vaccines are the bigger unknown (5-10+ years down the track).
SO will you get the AZ then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back