List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheap being the operative word there.

I know tugger posters carry on more than most about pumping up their players, but they must be dreaming if they thinking they are getting something decent for him.
No K4e, enormous coup

Enormous coup really?

If he can't ruck, which is what he was a a junior, what long term future does he have with us?

Listening to him on SEN he qualified his “enormous coup” statement by adding “because Richmond do not want to lose him”.

Also adding that it would show that perceptions are changing on North and the direction they’re heading in.

tl;dr - it would show that outsiders now consider them to be on an upward trajectory.

Listening to him on SEN he qualified his “enormous coup” statement by adding “because Richmond do not want to lose him”.
Still

You can easily understand why Richmond want pick 20 for him considering that's what he cost them 5 years ago and he is probably reaching his prime now.

I'd try and engineer a pick swap, maybe swap our pick 20 for their 28 in this year's draft and swap our future 2nd rounder for their future 4th. Try to crunch the points to get to approximately pick 30ish?

Coup??? Get you hand off it. Just a lower level pick up. What’s the projection for him fringe player ? Sure grab him for cheap, fill out the list, cool. But coup? Nah

Look LG, you should know that I'm as opposed to fringe s***men as anyone. As Twink suggested, I think Edmunds reference was more to the fact that the golden club Richmond don't want to lose him & he's selected "basketcase" Norf.

But if we get CCJ for cheap, it's a pretty handy pickup.

Worst case he's depth KPP. Best case he & Larkey kick 70+ goals together in 2022.

He's played 9 games, has multiple years of development yet is still only 22.

My biggest concern with him is the ground level stuff.

He's the sort of player we'd want to keep if he was already here. Former early(ish) pick, a key position prospect that they have put four years of development into, has shown quite a bit at VFL level and has at least one bag at senior level.

Not really sure why anyone would be against getting him given it clearly won't be at a high trade cost?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look LG, you should know that I'm as opposed to fringe s***men as anyone. As Twink suggested, I think Edmunds reference was more to the fact that the golden club Richmond don't want to lose him & he's selected "basketcase" Norf.

But if we get CCJ for cheap, it's a pretty handy pickup.

Worst case he's depth KPP. Best case he & Larkey kick 70+ goals together in 2022.

He's played 9 games, has multiple years of development yet is still only 22.

My biggest concern with him is the ground level stuff.
If cheap handy pickup for sure. I just see this (and I could be reading too much into it) this “coup” talk as a way to manipulate the value, like the media did with brown and what they are trying to do with weiderman. It’s transparent to me and just generally crap

If true, I think this is a decent pickup. Young KPF that we desperately need. Decent prospect, won't come too expensive both picks and cap wise you wouldn't think.

Not a coup by any means, however I do see where Sammy is heading with his point.

Wonder if the club thinks that a Larkey-CCJ-Comben forward line would work in the future or if they think CCJ can develop into a full time ruck (He was a ruckman coming into the draft despite all his positive signs coming as a forward). Either way lots of possibilities with him in the squad, just please don’t give up pick 20 straight up.

He's the sort of player we'd want to keep if he was already here. Former early(ish) pick, a key position prospect that they have put four years of development into, has shown quite a bit at VFL level and has at least one bag at senior level.

Not really sure why anyone would be against getting him given it clearly won't be at a high trade cost?
I’m just referring to the “massive coup” crap, happy to pick him up but I won’t be gutted if we don’t

Also adding that it would show that perceptions are changing on North and the direction they’re heading in.

tl;dr - it would show that outsiders now consider them to be on an upward trajectory.
Sam must have a short memery.

We finished 17th last year and picked up Stevo and Corr without a coach. CCJ pick us or not doesn't scream perceptions are changing on North. Everyone can see we have a good coach and a great young list. CC coming doesn't change it imo.

Should be the easiest trade of the window, third rounder. PSD as a spectre takes the second rounder out of the equation. Whether people want to say "nobody uses the PSD" or not it's there for a reason, to recruit OOC players so we will get him regardless if he chooses North. Maybe a 2022 pick swap to sweeten, 38 and a second round upgrade* would be a win for us and not the end of the world for them.

*assuming not much changes with this years ladder positioning

Should be the easiest trade of the window, third rounder. PSD as a spectre takes the second rounder out of the equation. Whether people want to say "nobody uses the PSD" or not it's there for a reason, to recruit OOC players so we will get him regardless if he chooses North. Maybe a 2022 pick swap to sweeten, 38 and a second round upgrade* would be a win for us and not the end of the world for them.

*assuming not much changes with this years ladder positioning
No way. 38 straight up surely is the max

CCJ is a significant upgrade on both X and Campbell as that ruck/forward to be fair.

If we lose Dumont via FA then they can have that pick or 38. Or PSD here we go.

CCJ is a significant upgrade on both X and Campbell as that ruck/forward to be fair.

If we lose Dumont via FA then they can have that pick or 38. Or PSD here we go.
Is he though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back