Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can’t see any country getting anywhere near 95%. Especially us. There would be thousands who can’t get it for medical reasons and then there’s anti vaxxers or those who are too scared to get it. I can see us plateauing around 75-80% which then becomes the real problem that we’ll wanna get on with our lives but the government won’t.

Australia has a pop around 25 million, even at 90% it leaves us close to 5 million un vaxxed for what ever reason be it nut job, hesitancy or health reasons, will our health system be ever able to cope with that amount un vaxxed, the reality is we need to get to 80% and move on, this cannot be peoples lives for ever locked down and hiding.

Plenty of pregnant women getting the vax, all they need to do is ask their GP.

this is actually an issue now. Was listening to newsradio the other day, and either royal melbourne or womens has a bunch of pregnant women in there infected, and all are serious concerns now.

the doc was basically begging mums to get off facebook and speak to their doctor, because the safest thing for their baby is to get vaccinated

You parasites will always find some quack that will help you circumvent the system. You are nothing more than a selfish, entitled c*nt.
Calm down mate. You're vaccinated, you're safe aren't you. Worrying about other people's decisions will get you nowhere. The end of the day, it's not your decision. He will more than likely catch Covid and have little to no symptoms like majority do, as long as he isolates himself like he say's he does. Who cares?

Australia has a pop around 25 million, even at 90% it leaves us close to 5 million un vaxxed for what ever reason be it nut job, hesitancy or health reasons, will our health system be ever able to cope with that amount un vaxxed, the reality is we need to get to 80% and move on, this cannot be peoples lives for ever locked down and hiding.

Yep agreed. Sadly I think that’s where the vaccine passports are gonna have to come in handy. For those who refuse to get it for No reason to miss out. Those with medical exceptions obviously fair enough but it’s then on them in regards to staying away from larger crowds.

My source is epidemiologist, Tony Blakely. What’s yours?
I'm a paramedic who's been working the entire time through the pandemic.
Multiple friends in ED's across the Metro region as both doctors and nurses.
Multiple friends working in wards across the Metro region in hospital as doctors and nurses.

Last edited:
Beggars belief we have 150 odd cases coming from a Box Hill high rise site (really critical infrastructure eh). That said, imagine PWC had 150 odd cases stemming from its Melbourne office - all hell would break loose. Cowboys on both sides of the industry in construction IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And your body has the ability to infect others so your body needs to be separated from everyone else
Why though? What purpose does it serve to lock 20% of the population out from normal society? The stats are clear that vaccination keeps people protected, so the unvaxxed are doing more harm to themselves than anyone else.

I'm happy for them to move freely at their own risk.

Roadmap out Sunday. Goes through what September October and November will look like.

Fair enough but the talk about restrictions easing, albeit in a very minor way when we hit 70% first vax was bullshit. Merlino said that there won't be an update before the weekend on this measure, despite us being on track to hit this threshold on Thursday.

It might be a small thing but that couple of days actually inconveniences people. In my case, every delay costs money as I am in short term accommodation trying to sell my apartment. This puts back any sales campaign yet another week as we can now write off this weekend despite Andrews messaging to the contrary. I know other people who are also doubling up on rent/mortgage/selling expenses every time there is a delay in any decision.

It is simply not good enough. They have known for over a week that we'd beat the expected date of hitting 70% first jabbed.

You really dont get the difference between hep c and covid?

You can interact with people who have hep c and be safe in knowing you will not get hep c. That is not true of covid. Just being near them means you can get it even without touching them or their bodily fluids.

Thus you need to segregate from covid people while not from hep c people.

This pandemic has been going for 18 months and people still dont get the basics.
We'll all eventually catch covid.

Fair enough but the talk about restrictions easing, albeit in a very minor way when we hit 70% first vax was bullshit. Merlino said that there won't be an update before the weekend on this measure, despite us being on track to hit this threshold on Thursday.

It might be a small thing but that couple of days actually inconveniences people. In my case, every delay costs money as I am in short term accommodation trying to sell my apartment. This puts back any sales campaign yet another week as we can now write off this weekend despite Andrews messaging to the contrary. I know other people who are also doubling up on rent/mortgage/selling expenses every time there is a delay in any decision.

It is simply not good enough. They have known for over a week that we'd beat the expected date of hitting 70% first jabbed.

Mate at no stage did I think we’d be getting any easing this week haha. And even if there was, it would have been sweet fuc* all. Not sure an extra hour of exercise outdoors or travelling an extra 5km for a cafe would have assisted with your apartment sale.
They are full of sh**.

Why do you think they have "hospital at home" in NSW you pedo-defending, Covid-denying, Christianity defending whackjob?

Don't bother replying, I am sorry I took you off ignore. Back on you go.

I'm not agreeing with Bruce but would you call Bachar Houli a Muslim-defending whackjob? Or Eddie Betts a Dreamtime defending whackjob?

Or is just Christians who can be abused because of their spirituality?

Very poor form.

It was barely any difference anyway except for unsurprisingly the construction sector

Mate at no stage did I think we’d be getting any easing this week haha. And even if there was, it would have been sweet fuc* all. Not sure an extra hour of exercise outdoors or travelling an extra 5km for a cafe would have assisted with your apartment sale.
They are full of sh**.

It's more that house inspections are supposedly going to be allowed. My agent had expected inspections to be allowed from Saturday as that was the advice they received. He just texted me to say that this is now no longer likely.

Campaign now goes back yet another week. And this is why people need more certainty than they are getting, regardless of whether we are in a pandemic or not. There are thousands of people who are bleeding cash and have their lives in limbo but are entitled to zero from the government to compensate.

It's more that house inspections are supposedly going to be allowed. My agent had expected inspections to be allowed from Saturday as that was the advice they received. He just texted me to say that this is now no longer likely.

Campaign now goes back yet another week. And this is why people need more certainty than they are getting, regardless of whether we are in a pandemic or not. There are thousands of people who are bleeding cash and have their lives in limbo but are entitled to zero from the government to compensate.

Agreed mate. I had no idea that was one of the items easing at 70% first dose. That’s good. But yeah it’ll be delayed another week now.

It was barely any difference anyway except for unsurprisingly the construction sector

Not correct mate. People are supposed going to be able to at least inspect properties. This impacts thousands of people trying to move house, whether trying to sell, buy or move for other reasons. My situation is not unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back