Resource 2022 Membership - 63,240 as at August 25th

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, they're sick of being treated like cash vendors in perpetuity by a bunch of people who rate stability (whatever that is) over success, then being fed a bunch of meaningless platitudes by this unaccountable mob of buffoons everytime a season goes belly up.
That's ok, you can go and hold your scarf in the air and sing Never Tear Us Apart. That's entirely your choice. Doesn't mean everyone else is bound to your rules.
Best post of the year!

Not renewing makes you part of the problem and not part of the solution, it's that simple. There is not one example of an AFL club becoming successful on the back of a stack of supporters jumping off and 'sending a message' to the people who run the club. The reality of withdrawing your support is that the club will lose money, start cutting its spending and on field performance will go backwards not forwards. It's counter productive crap.

Not renewing makes you part of the problem and not part of the solution, it's that simple. There is not one example of an AFL club becoming successful on the back of a stack of supporters jumping off and 'sending a message' to the people who run the club. The reality of withdrawing your support is that the club will lose money, start cutting its spending and on field performance will go backwards not forwards. It's counter productive crap.
If the club would sack Ken rather than extending his contract for no reason then I would be stumping up the money to renew, hell I would even contribute to a go fund me to pay him out. This deniability from Koch and co. that Port doesn’t have real problems with their coaching and game plan is deplorable.
Removing my financial contribution and emailing the club is what I have chosen to do.

Has any club become successful by patronising their fans for pointing our their mistakes?

#sackken

wow impressive mate you must've been educated at Prince Alfred College to have such thought provoking ideas. if we won the Prelim instead of being humiliated, you think nobody would be complaining? very eye opening and intriguing, very deep
Maybe you should re read what I was said. I was replying to someone who said people might not renew because of job loses in the past year or so and I'm saying BS. Not even sure why that was bought up...

Sounds like you were educated at Hackham West High School.. I know its hard to concentrate when your holding your breath (because we lost), so next time I'll write it out in crayon font so you can understand.

People not signing because we lost is piss weak. Cant believe some of you guys are defending it...

I’m in for next year, but will never get seduced my this club again.

they can win 20 in a row next year and I’m going to refuse to get seduced.

my lad said to me why I wasn’t totally devastated last night, I told him I’ve seen it all before, lived through a period where we were dominant and made 1 grand final, so I’ve built up a fair pain tolerance.

I have Lost complete faith in the club and unless there is real change and I mean change where we all go sh*t I didn’t see that happening, or I didn’t think we had the balls to do it, I will continue to have no faith. I’ll support and barrack and attend without faith.

Sounds like you're following the right team then. Kinda sorta turn up to the game.

Yes, but its clearly the only option people have because clearly the board isn't listening and the AFL doesn't care.
If it becomes clear keeping Hinkley is more expensive than paying him out, then maybe we see progress.

Whats the alternative, just turn up and be a bunch of happy clappers who are just happy winning more games than we lose and occasionally make the finals and wait another 2 years before Hinkley is out of contract ? At which point Koch and the board will resign him because we need stability and Kenny is getting us close ?

Well it’s not a membership but my old man who came with on Saturday night has attended three finals matches with me since the 04 preliminary:

2017 EF
SANFL GF vs Glenelg
2021 Preliminary

He’s very firmly asked me not to bother getting him tickets anymore.

Best keep this quiet, Kochie may see it and call Ken saying he’s found the issue and it’s been resolved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except the last time we did it.

Maybe you should re read what I was said. I was replying to someone who said people might not renew because of job loses in the past year or so and I'm saying BS. Not even sure why that was bought up...

Sounds like you were educated at Hackham West High School.. I know its hard to concentrate when your holding your breath (because we lost), so next time I'll write it out in crayon font so you can understand.

People not signing because we lost is piss weak. Cant believe some of you guys are defending it...
Again sweeping motherhood statements that amount to ‘she’ll be right’ ‘harden up mate’ are equally pointless

oh master of logic and resilience what should we the peasants do to register our discontent with the ruling class then?

post more emojis on socials 🤛👍⚡☀️🌈
start up another Kens true believers page on Facebook ?
pat Kens bum and don’t worry mate next decade we will get there ?

mindless support of this s**t show is not a solution either

I'm not renewing because the club's current administration has actively and deliberately alienated me. So I'm getting out of this abusive relationship. Call me a supporter in exile.

Until that administration changes, I wish them nothing but miserable failure, on field and off.

I'll set aside what I spend on my annual membership and the club can have it when it deserves it.

Crap... People are sooking because we lost..
It's not sooking because we lost. It's sooking because we're not doing anything to get better.

If not sacked, about halfway through next year Ken Hinkley will become the longest serving coach at one club without making a Grand Final ever. Ever. In the 125 year history of the VFL/AFL.

Koch is an arrogant prick, totally disconnected from any non-happy clapper Facebook fans (The sets of these and Port supporters that watch Sunrise would be two almost perfectly overlapping circles). I don't expect anything better from him. He's a 'financial guru' who continues to break one of the cardinal rules of not chasing your losses.

The one's that I feel most disappointed in are Richo and CD. These guys if not directly reading BigFooty are regularly kept abreast of the mood of the diehard fans here. Yes, we're a small group, relative to the Membership as a whole, but are very representative of the hard core fan. We're the one's that were there 2008 - 2012, in the windswept bowl of Footy Park, as 10-15k of us watched us get flogged game after game. We're the supporters any club needs as a backbone for the inevitable times near the bottom of the ladder, that the AFL draft / salary cap dictates will happen again. When it's rosy you can ignore our gripes to a degree (although they've moved the last 3 years more and more into the general base), but when the club is down on-field and the bandwagoners are off, we're the one's who are (or should be) still turning up, keeping the club afloat. Drive enough of us away and when you desperately need our fanaticism it won't be there.

Richo and CD are the one's who need to push Koch to the side and get out to the fans, that this wasn't acceptable. Not just the players, but by Hinkley. Sure they won't sack him, but give the fans hope he's at least given an ultimatum that if it's not clear by mid-season we've fixed the repeated glaring issues (poor starts, s**t goal kicking, easy runs against us, home ground not giving us any real advantage), then we'll be looking elsewhere. If Ken wants to crack the shits at that and walk, then he's made their job easier. Stop shitting on our plates and telling us it's chocolate.

It's not sooking because we lost. It's sooking because we're not doing anything to get better.

If not sacked, about halfway through next year Ken Hinkley will become the longest serving coach at one club without making a Grand Final ever. Ever. In the 125 year history of the VFL/AFL.

Well he wants some kind of title...

I just told the bloke at membership to put our automatic renewal on the back burner - we will be waiting for the dust to settle before we commit to season 2022. We have been members since 1997 and counting our memberships (good seats and for a few years a family membership), updating supporters apparel yearly, etc, interstate trips (also including 3 trips to Shanghai), and numerous other Port memorabilia purchases we wouldn't be getting much change out of $100K if you took all of that into account!
Yes we most probably would have spent it on something else but I guess you can see our point!

Last edited:
Koch is an arrogant prick, totally disconnected from any non-happy clapper Facebook fans (The sets of these and Port supporters that watch Sunrise would be two almost perfectly overlapping circles). I don't expect anything better from him. He's a 'financial guru' who continues to break one of the cardinal rules of not chasing your losses.

The one's that I feel most disappointed in are Richo and CD. These guys if not directly reading BigFooty are regularly kept abreast of the mood of the diehard fans here. Yes, we're a small group, relative to the Membership as a whole, but are very representative of the hard core fan. We're the one's that were there 2008 - 2012, in the windswept bowl of Footy Park, as 10-15k of us watched us get flogged game after game. We're the supporters any club needs as a backbone for the inevitable times near the bottom of the ladder, that the AFL draft / salary cap dictates will happen again. When it's rosy you can ignore our gripes to a degree (although they've moved the last 3 years more and more into the general base), but when the club is down on-field and the bandwagoners are off, we're the one's who are (or should be) still turning up, keeping the club afloat. Drive enough of us away and when you desperately need our fanaticism it won't be there.

Richo and CD are the one's who need to push Koch to the side and get out to the fans, that this wasn't acceptable. Not just the players, but by Hinkley. Sure they won't sack him, but give the fans hope he's at least given an ultimatum that if it's not clear by mid-season we've fixed the repeated glaring issues (poor starts, sh*t goal kicking, easy runs against us, home ground not giving us any real advantage), then we'll be looking elsewhere. If Ken wants to crack the shits at that and walk, then he's made their job easier. Stop shitting on our plates and telling us it's chocolate.
Yep.

If they are at all worried about what happens when we fall back down the ladder they should realise that the fans they are listening to now will move on and that the ones they are shitting on are the ones they need.

#sackken

Remove this Banner Ad

Back