List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

I know it’s just the way it works, but it greatly annoys me that we could legitimately put our all-time games record holder on something called the “rookie list”.
Agreed. The whole rookie list rule just annoys me.

If anything, just get rid of it or call the Cat B list, the rookie list.

I think there's some confusion around how the rookie list works these days. There isn't a cap on how much a rookie gets paid, just that $80k of their salary is outside the salary cap and there is a time limit for how long they can be on the list for. Moving players there is just smart list management.

Collingwood had Mioheck on the rookie list for a couple of seasons, even though he is one of their best forwards.

The Rotham situation is a bit strange. He is suspect 1v1 still which is a bummer but he has other positives.

Gov is crap 1 v 1

He’s actually not, when he’s in a 1v1 he rarely gets beaten.

It just doesn’t happen very often because he zones off and tells his teammates to cover way too much.

I think there's some confusion around how the rookie list works these days. There isn't a cap on how much a rookie gets paid, just that $80k of their salary is outside the salary cap and there is a time limit for how long they can be on the list for. Moving players there is just smart list management.

Collingwood had Mioheck on the rookie list for a couple of seasons, even though he is one of their best forwards.

Didnt know that about the 80K being outside the cap.

He would then get match payments for every game i guess so that would top up his pay to what it may have been before. But i guess if he is out of form or injured he is worse off then before. Cant imagine him being on much to begin with though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looking at Ben Johnson’s metrics, I remember there was a bit of positivity around the pick when we made it and now two years later looks a chance for the scrap heap.

Seriously question in regards to this, is there a gym with weights at the club? I understand not everyone can be Christian Petracca but knights of Columbus, 73kg???

Just looking at Ben Johnson’s metrics, I remember there was a bit of positivity around the pick when we made it and now two years later looks a chance for the scrap heap.

Seriously question in regards to this, is there a gym with weights at the club? I understand not everyone can be Christian Petracca but knights of Columbus, 73kg???
They don't often update the heights and weights of players

I'm in the camp if he goes then we get something half decent in return.

If he stays.........Im happy with that as well as long as he gets played as a tall not a mid.

I'm in the trade him camp. He's a tall and there's just no room for him. Yes, if we were in rebuild but we're not there yet. Right now,

WE NEED MIDS

Edmund on SEN, saying Brander for Clarke definitely possible.
I guess we wait and see

Reckon this would be a very fair deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back