Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 5 - The stroll out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the basic intent of conservatism is to preserve institutions the current mob we have are anything but conservatives. They're making a mockery of government at the moment.
A true conservative would be rebuilding the principles of ministerial responsibility and accountability. They are instead pissing on their ashes in the middle of Bourke St Mall.

Labor Parachuting Kenneally into Fowler is such dogshit, especially after outgoing MP Chris Hayes had put his support in Tu Le. Great job generating bad press when all they need to do atm is keep themselves out of the media, and let Morrison continue to score own goals.

Labor Parachuting Kenneally into Fowler is such dogshit. Great job generating bad press when all they need to do atm is keep themselves out of the media, and let Morrison continue to score own goals.

It's only bad when Labor do it.

It's only bad when Labor do it.
Not at all. sh*t move no matter the party.
It's a bit of both. Yeah, a local candidate with strong community links is definitely a preferred option, and it sucks for her that she is having to make way. But Kennealley is a significant figure in Labor, they want her in the lower house, someone has to make way and internal manoeuvring is not uncommon. When the Libs do it, nary a word is said by the media.

libs did it with craig kelly basically.

Australia duly licked boot.

Stand by my statement
It's all relative. Tu Le does not deserve to be compared to Craig Kelly. I don't give two *s about AusPol's Fred Flinstone being turfed. But of course I'm going to be pissed off if a worthy candidate is turfed for someone that doesn't even live in the electorate they're running for.
It's a bit of both. Yeah, a local candidate with strong community links is definitely a preferred option, and it sucks for her that she is having to make way. But Kennealley is a significant figure in Labor, they want her in the lower house, someone has to make way and internal manoeuvring is not uncommon. When the Libs do it, nary a word is said by the media.
Agree on the media point. Just think it should be called out for what it is no matter the party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a simple solution.
KK takes the lower House preselection and TL takes KK's Senate seat.

Win-win.

It's all relative. Tu Le does not deserve to be compared to Craig Kelly. I don't give two fu**s AusPol's Fred Flinstone being turfed. But of course I'm going to be pissed off if a worthy candidate is turfed for someone that doesn't even live in the electorate they're running for.

Agree on the media point. Just think it should be called out for what it is no matter the party.

I have zero idea about this candidate, so cant comment either way. a couple of things to remember:

1) local candidates can be brilliant, but also can have their own baggage

2) ALP is 50% branches and 50% union voting for preselection. I dont like it, but thats the reality. if you want pre-selection you cannot ignore getting support from central and the unions. Without it, you're dead before you start. Truth is too many local candidates think having the branches on side is all they need to do.

There is a simple solution.
KK takes the lower House preselection and TL takes KK's Senate seat.

Win-win.
She's moving to the lower house to avoid a factional fight in the upper house. There isn't really a spot available once the various factions stake their claims to positions. Tu Le might be a great local candidate but she's not showing herself to be a great Labor candidate by publicly berating the party and criticising its diversity. She shouldn't be giving the issue any more oxygen that it gets from the commentariat.

She's moving to the lower house to avoid a factional fight in the upper house. There isn't really a spot available once the various factions stake their claims to positions. Tu Le might be a great local candidate but she's not showing herself to be a great Labor candidate by publicly berating the party and criticising its diversity. She shouldn't be giving the issue any more oxygen that it gets from newscorp.
EFA

I have zero idea about this candidate, so cant comment either way. a couple of things to remember:

1) local candidates can be brilliant, but also can have their own baggage

2) ALP is 50% branches and 50% union voting for preselection. I dont like it, but thats the reality. if you want pre-selection you cannot ignore getting support from central and the unions. Without it, you're dead before you start. Truth is too many local candidates think having the branches on side is all they need to do.
Yeah, no doubt. But, I tend to agree with Anne Aly's take. Plus, Chris Hayes had been voted in by the electorate four times and he backed TL. Just not a great look IMO when they need to focus on making sure they can't be made to look like shitcampaigners before the next election.

Deaths on this conservative scums head - 1116
Not sure if this is a bit or you are serious?? Do you count every death against the PM for COVID?

Also should it have been 0? Would ALP have delivered 0 deaths?

Crazy comments but im just entering here now for first time

Yeah, no doubt. But, I tend to agree with Anne Aly's take. Plus, Chris Hayes had been voted in by the electorate four times and he backed TL. Just not a great look IMO when they need to focus on making sure they can't be made to look like shitcampaigners before the next election.

firstly former candidates dont get to nom their replacement, its not a monarchy after all

secondly parachuting is never clean, but it is necessary. what has to happen is making sure if you do parachute a candidate in that you make sure they are a positive ultimately

btw local means s**t too. Hawke wasnt living in Wills for example. personally i prefer local, but i concede the reality is esp in sydney and melbourne that isnt gunna happen

i cant read the Aust, how legit is this reporting about dutton pushing for us to get missile technology?

fwiw i dont mind us improving this, but if china is the goal thats only half the journey (the rest is we need nuclear warheads)

firstly former candidates dont get to nom their replacement, its not a monarchy after all

secondly parachuting is never clean, but it is necessary. what has to happen is making sure if you do parachute a candidate in that you make sure they are a positive ultimately

btw local means sh*t too. Hawke wasnt living in Wills for example. personally i prefer local, but i concede the reality is esp in sydney and melbourne that isnt gunna happen
It's not so much that he should get to pick the candudate because he's the incumbent candidate, but that his opinion should at least hold some sway because he's been voted in by the electorate the last 4 elections.

I don't think it is 'necessary', particularly in an instance like this where they have a ready-made brilliant candidate, in a safe seat, that actually represents the electorate. I get it's the sad reality of our political system, but I still think we can and should hold parties to a higher standard.

i cant read the Aust, how legit is this reporting about dutton pushing for us to get missile technology?

fwiw i dont mind us improving this, but if china is the goal thats only half the journey (the rest is we need nuclear warheads)
We will buy the missles from China....

It's not so much that he should get to pick the candudate because he's the incumbent candidate, but that his opinion should at least hold some sway because he's been voted in by the electorate the last 4 elections.

I don't think it is 'necessary', particularly in an instance like this where they have a ready-made brilliant candidate, in a safe seat, that actually represents the electorate. I get it's the sad reality of our political system, but I still think we can and should hold parties to a higher standard.

he is one vote in one branch.

s**t like this actually annoys me. its bad enough the alp preselection is half in the hands of the unions, but if former candidates get to dominate branches then we may as well not even have them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back