Player Watch #40: Callum Coleman-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

What im more disappointed in is the club could not sell themselves to him, irrelevant to Jack staying on. Good clubs don't lose players based on other list decisions - they sell the dream to co-exist.
4 - 5 years at 400k - 450k is way too big a price for a bloke that has played 9 games and caused us a lot of trouble last year, you have to earn those wages first.

Its his own fault he doesn't have a medal around his neck already, I like the kid but I have no sympathy for him whichever club he chooses.

Should be 20.
We have that quality 'space guarder' that no other team has in Castagna.
Never under estimate the quality of those who guard space for a living.
Tough position to play as we saw with Rioli, once moved down back he improved immediately, some players get jobs/roles that make them look worse than they might be.

Last edited:
The more I look at it, the more I realise we are no chance of getting 20 for CCJ.
Put what he's worth aside, North Melbourne would be complete idiots to give that up with all the leverage they have here.

Some clubs are campaigners at the trade table: Essendrugs, Freo, Saints and Carlscum under SOS. All are disliked.

The issue we have with #lolNorf is that because no one has ever wanted to go there before they have no form either way.

Brady Rawlings runs their footy department now and don't really know what he is like apart from he is an AFL career person so should be careful not to make enemies. Scott Clayton also involved and has a good reputation. Clayton was on the other side when we handed over pick 6 for Prestia so expect we have a good relationship

I think we can be reasonably confident we'll get decent compensation

Last edited:

Some clubs are campaigners at the trade table: Essendrugs, Freo, Saints and Carlscum under SOS. All are disliked.

The issue we have with #lolNorf is that because no one has ever wanted to go there before they have no form either way.

Brady Rawlings runs their footy department now and don't really know what he is like apart from he is an AFL career person so should be careful not to make enemies. Scott Clayton also involved and has a good reputation. Clayton was on the other side when we handed over pick 6 for Prestia so expect we have a good relationship

It'll be 38 offered, it won't be 20.

They would be in dereliction of their duty if they hand over fair compensation. I wouldn’t be happy if Richmond were in their position and coughed up pick 20. I believe in fairness but when the system gives you an advantage, especially when you are struggling, you take what is offered for all it is worth.

If they wish to be kind we will get a 3rd rounder.

Lynch and JRoo kicked 90 odd goals between them with Lynch missing some games. That’s a great result from a 2-pronged forward line, comparing favourably to any other 1-2 punch in the competition.

The key forwards were not our issue …. getting basically no goals post-bye out of Castagna and Aarts was the issue. Plus Dusty being injured and Rioli being deployed at half back.

Injuries aside you can lock it in we get 80+ out of Jack and Lynch next year. It’s 4-5 players to kick 20+ we need to find. Dusty and Bolton are 2 of them. I’d play Baker mid-fwd to make him number 3. And hope and pray one of Castagna or Aarts can have a 25+ goal season playing permanent forward.

So we can worry about not having CJ in either 2023 or 2024 when Jack is gone. It’s not a
problem for us whilst Jack is there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

By your own description he is clearly a loss. "Flash in the pans" have moments of elite footy and he did provide that - possibly helping us win 1 additional game overall. He was a high level back up, at his worst.

We are replacing him with nothing but untried kids who will take 2 years to physically get up to speed - there is no doubt him leaving hurts our chances for current success by quite a lot IMO - our list has gaping holes in it now, its looking a lot like swiss cheese tbh - missing KPF depth, missing reliably fit ruckman - KP backmen depth or continuity. We were already lacking midfielders and good clearance players. We were already lacking AFL quality small forwards, as well as missing 1 reliable AFL level wingman.

I honestly think some of our supporters need to take their fan-pants off and look at this list and realise that it is all role players and ageing or injury prone pillar players. If we can have a year where Toby, Soldo, Lynch, Riewoldt, Balta, Vloss, Grime & Prestia can all stay fit and not fall into concerning form slumps, we should still be very competitive. Anything short of that though and we could be anywhere from top 4 to bottom 4.

No loss for me he plays 10 to 15 minutes of good footy then unsighted for games you call that a loss ?.Give me the same player with less skill , but his in the game 100% all the time like Nank.To be honest find a backup from the wafl or sanfl etc.

What list doesn't have holes in it ?. We won 3 flags in 4 years we took our era with both hands players retire and players go simple as that , that's the cycle no brainer now time to rejuvenate.I think some of our supporters are unrealistic they forget our success and expect the list will still be perfect get on the same page hit draft now or go the cats and hawks way and top up.

I have a long family connection to North. 2 of my relatives are life members of that sh!t stain of a club. At end of day I don't see how the AFL have no choice but to force them to move to Tasmania. In their premiership years they still lost money and I'm unsure if they've ever been profitable. The only reason they're around is because the tv rights. Covids here to stay and I'm betting with Tasmania getting tough and the AFL needing GC around to keep a game in QLD every week. Money will become tight revenue down sponsorship down "REAL" membership to drop. AFLW leeching money. Only choice left is piss the Roos off to Tasmania. So if CCJ goes there good riddance hope Karma kicks the sh!t out of you........ If by some slim chance he stays well done young man 😁

Jack had a good year but he will hit a cliff very very suddenly. We saw moments this year where we got a glimpse of what that will look like. he is past his "best before " date & his expiry date is just TBA now, we need to be prepared for it

You not talking sense mate you don't gift game to players agree or not mind you someone kicked 51 goals for the year crazy .CCJ played 8 games this year 2 missed to injuries and 7 suspended who's fault is that ?.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 17 and 20 walking out in consecutive years is a disaster anyway you look at it...
Very disappointed , this has to be the last time we simply cannot afford to keep losing young talent like this..
Makes me nervous about this years and future drafts , still a big question mark on Matt Clarkes recruiting...
Exactly
Specially when you think we could have had

Oscar Allen & Sam Taylor :'(:'(

Pick 17 and 20 walking out in consecutive years is a disaster anyway you look at it...
Very disappointed , this has to be the last time we simply cannot afford to keep losing young talent like this..
Higgins was just a sook.
Cj can understand when you have a couple of handy premiership ruckman ahead of you

they paid fair price for Polec , cant recall where they were on ladder at the time

don't overreact and lose your head , it would be a DISASTER if they were regular players that were pivotal to our premiership campaigns EG Bolton or balta , they aren't and they weren't, so keep it REAL .

they paid fair price for Polec , cant recall where they were on ladder at the time
They got royally shafted in that trade

They try to justify it by saying they would have lost that pick with Thomas but - They could easily have traded it into the next year or split it for later picks
but they really got bent over with no lube. And to pay $750k x 5 years for a seagull . Brandon Ellis is like Barry Hall compared to Polec who until Cj was their biggest fish since Dusty

They got royally shafted in that trade

They try to justify it by saying they would have lost that pick with Thomas but - They could easily have traded it into the next year or split it for later picks
but they really got bent over with no lube. And to pay $750k x 5 years for a seagull . Brandon Ellis is like Barry Hall compared to Polec who until Cj was their biggest fish since Dusty
sssshhhhh bloody shssshhhh for petes sake

Surely if GWS were interested CCJ would rather go there ?

Fits well in their side and they are desperate for a player like him

when is this annoucement coming?
supposedly set in stone but all ive seen so far is fake news sen articles..
whats the hold up? maybe working on a trade but nothing stopping them from saying hes officially nominated norf etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back