News & Events Non-Football COVID-19 Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Say you catch covid and are vaccinated and it doesn't do much to you, but then next year you get it again (you have had you're booster shot) but are perhaps a bit more sick from a variant that stronger, then the following year you get a mild case...and so on. What happens after we have had it 10 times. We will be allowing it to come, and allowing us to get it multiple times. Will there be some sort of damage to our bodies that will eventually catch up with us and make really sick.
No. The immune system doesn't work like that. Think of it like memories. For example - imagine yesterday you ate a really tasty looking jelly bean that was flavoured like a piece of dog s**t and you ate it and thought, "this is really gross I am never doing that again". But then next year you see a piece of dog s**t that looks delicious but that smells really similar to that jelly bean, and you take a really big sniff of it and it makes you a little woozy, but you remember that jelly bean flavoured dog s**t that you ate last year, and decide not to eat it because it was nasty. And then the year after that, you come across another similar piece of dog s**t that looks really tasty, but maybe this one is a different consistency, and so you have a little nibble, but then before you can go any further it triggers the memory of that dogshit flavoured jelly bean that you really didn't like, and you remember that it is a bad idea so you run away from that particular strain of dogshit.

its just like that.

The jelly bean is the vaccine, and covid is the dogshit.

32.6%. Increased 3.2% in a week.

47.4% is just under 15 weeks. 23rd December, 9 days later. 🤮
34.9%. Increased 3.4% in a week.

45.1% is just over 13 weeks. 17th December. Trending the right way again.

I'd be curious how WA is tracking when compared to income equality. Certainly, NSW's vaccine map circa July 2021 before the really big vaccine drive (https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/fin...-of-nsw-vaccinations-by-home-postcode-and-lga - date slider) basically reflects an income equality map of Sydney. A quick look at the Vaccine stats by LGA spreadsheet from a couple of weeks ago has Nedlands, Cottesloe & Claremont at the top of WA's vaccine list, which I believe are pretty affluent areas

That wouldn't have had anything to do with vaccine supply be moved around the state to certain areas would it?

Anyone else work in construction? How can you mandate vaccination and give a week to comply. It is actually absolutely f’ed.
you can show proof of appointment - just need to make an appointment in the next week

you can show proof of appointment - just need to make an appointment in the next week
From the Age:

"On Thursday afternoon, he was back on the station, responding to the news that Victorian construction workers will need to show evidence to their employers that they have had a first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by 11.59pm on Thursday, September 23."

I suppose it'll end up like the NSW experience on this front which went something like: the mandate delayed by a week, delayed by another week and then delayed again and tweaked so that a booking was acceptable proof. With that said, the government may be completely fine with construction workers not being to come to work, whereas in NSW it applied to all essential workers and so it had to be adjusted

From the Age:

"On Thursday afternoon, he was back on the station, responding to the news that Victorian construction workers will need to show evidence to their employers that they have had a first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by 11.59pm on Thursday, September 23."
you always need to read the fine print my man!

Dan Andrews said:
In order to continue working, construction workers state-wide will need to show evidence to their employer that they have had a first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by 11:59pm Thursday, 23 September.

Limited medical exemptions and proof-of-booking exceptions will apply, in line with previous requirements for residential aged care workers.

you always need to read the fine print my man!

Thanks for posting that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of anger on my socials that region specific lockdowns are happening. Lot of people asking (rightly in my opinion) why this hasn't happened earlier.

Bit of anger on my socials that region specific lockdowns are happening. Lot of people asking (rightly in my opinion) why this hasn't happened earlier.
We sort of did last year when it was metro Melbourne and Seymour.

Guessing the tide changed a bit with moving to suppression rather than eradication too… 🤔

We sort of did last year when it was metro Melbourne and Seymour.

Guessing the tide changed a bit with moving to suppression rather than eradication too… 🤔
We've changed tact from eradication coz we have a much more contagious variant. Would've thought now isn't the time to become region specific.

Reality is it's something we should've done from the start, absurd we were ever locking places totally down because of cases 200km+ away.

We've changed tact from eradication coz we have a much more contagious variant. Would've thought now isn't the time to become region specific.

Reality is it's something we should've done from the start, absurd we were ever locking places totally down because of cases 200km+ away.
sorry for butting in uninvited but I am curious to know if this whole thing has made you feel any more or less victorian, or more regional, or more anti-melbourne?

discuss

sorry for butting in uninvited but I am curious to know if this whole thing has made you feel any more or less victorian, or more regional, or more anti-melbourne?

discuss
Ask Doss he can probably quote my arguments word for word.

Just spitballing but the theory I was going with is that we went one in all in on the understanding that once we got to zero everyone would be out of lockdown and there wouldn’t be any leaks to prolong it or any division of resources and energies.

Also because we tried those local lockdowns in Flemington and it was a bloody disaster that put them entirely off that idea, created envy and people trying to dodge lockdowns by changing their address or whatever. Also a breach of human rights according to the ombudsman.

This time around there is no real expectation that lockdown will end, so this strategy is basically the start of “covid normal”, with strategic lockdowns instead of universal ones…

Like I dunno I have no idea but it does feel different generally since they randomly decided zero was impossible. Was like a switch was flicked and we changed to plan B.

Just spitballing but the theory I was going with is that we went one in all in on the understanding that once we got to zero everyone would be out of lockdown and there wouldn’t be any leaks to prolong it or any division of resources and energies.

Also because we tried those local lockdowns in Flemington and it was a bloody disaster that put them entirely off that idea, created envy and people trying to dodge lockdowns by changing their address or whatever. Also a breach of human rights according to the ombudsman.

This time around there is no real expectation that lockdown will end, so this strategy is basically the start of “covid normal”, with strategic lockdowns instead of universal ones…

Like I dunno I have no idea but it does feel different generally since they randomly decided zero was impossible. Was like a switch was flicked and we changed to plan B.
I'm trying to not be a campaigner here, but, no. That can never ever be used as a reason why regional areas with no cases were locked down.

It was a dumb, Melbourne-centric decision. As I've said repeatedly, nobody can look me in the eye and say truthfully that if the cluster had been Mildura that Melbourne would've been shut too.

My apartment building was listed as a tier 2 site tonight so will test and isolate til the result. Fully vaccinated so not stressed.

My question is, once lockdown is over and things open up, will you have to isolate if you are at a tier 1 site?

My apartment building was listed as a tier 2 site tonight so will test and isolate til the result. Fully vaccinated so not stressed.

My question is, once lockdown is over and things open up, will you have to isolate if you are at a tier 1 site?
Which one pepsi ? If you don’t mind me asking…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back