General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

From the President letter regarding 150 years anniversary:

Reckon we do a Collingwood, have a commemorative logo for a year then unveil a new one?

Please.

I want a new logo for Essendon.

The current one's 8 years stained.

Ugh. Terrible decision but inevitable.
Given it's a commemorative logo, it has some elements of our past logos. I don't think they can go wrong with what we have (unless they bring back the terrible 80s toy plane).

I can see us go with our monogram and a sash on our current shield. Or maybe our current logo on a sash with an updated design for the plane. Kinda like Richmond's 2008 commemorative logo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the layering could use a little work.

View attachment 1237902

Not in MS Paint obviously.
This is the official image on the Essendon website

9005602.jpg

Not bhed.

Now the question is do I grab some merch with this logo or wait till 2023 for something more permanent...just glad I don't have to look at cartoon planes.

Back