List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Just a reminder that we coulda picked up Riley Garcia instead of Ben Johnson.

Or Jaxon Prior who’s looked good in the games he’s gotten with Brisbane.

I liked the look of Johnson but he’s still fairly undersized, maybe they were hoping he’d keep growing and he didn’t.

Johnson over Garcia was a big boo boo given the risk reward profile of the respective players and pick in use.

I have no problem with recycling list spots on the lower end quickly. If the club can’t internally assess players over a 24 month period then they’re not doing their job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless other players leave.

Rotham, Brander, Duggan and I believe Foley have yet to re-sign. Could be others.

We obviously don't have spare cash to pay these out of contract players what others can. If one or two decide to chase $$ or a longer deal then list spaces and cap space gets freed up.

And we won't know that until the end of the trade period.
If we lost duggan and rotham to keep Kennedy and hurn on for another year ill be pissed

If we lost duggan and rotham to keep Kennedy and hurn on for another year ill be pissed
We aren't going to get better by retiring good players. Not going to affect player retention at all I would think.
I would hate to lose Dungan.
But whats so great about Rotham? Doesn't provide a lot at all. And plays in a spot where we have depth.

Oops, just made the mistake of reading the Facebook comments.

“Why are we delisting all the young kids and keeping all the oldies?”
“Why are we delisting Ainsworth, he has the makings of a great tagger?”

Really, it’s on me for clicking on them.

It's also on you for repeating them here to outrage the rest of us

Doubt we'd lose Duggan.
Just won the Mainwaring medal and seems to love it here.
I wouldn't like to lose Rotham either.

Either way, keeping Hurn and JK on reduced wages wouldn't be the reason if we did lose them.

I’d trade Duggan for a 10-15 given his history with knees that won’t go away.

Rotham it sucks but we have witherden and foley. Nelson too. Can’t have them all.

Given the Facebook crew rip into every player we have, the love for Ainsworth suprised me. It shouldn't suprise me, but it did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so he cannot get a game at Carlton?
Whats his hidden strength?

No idea why he didn’t get a game, might have been injured, might have been trialed in a different position, might have been affected by the VFL being shutdown, might have gotten too many cheap touches down back, might not have created enough scoring opportunities for others…

******* hell why delist Johnson. Only player we have who looks to run the ball from defence rather than chip it around. I hope they rookie him. Jesus *

Sorry I got my years confused(was a while ago), it was 96 that we got screwed!
We finished 4th and they Bombers finished 6th, both won our first finals.
But because the Bears finished 3rd and also won their first final, they had a final at the Gabba.
Ours which should've been a home final, was moved to the MCG vs the Bombers.

It was actually under the old finals system. The bombers actually lost their first finals match which makes it all the more galling.

Liking the list changes so far. Most of the players being cut really didn’t give us much over the last 2 years either through injury or they just weren’t good enough & we had seen enough.

The only 2 I’m annoyed about are Venners which was just completely out of anyone’s control & I would have liked to have at least seen Johnston get a game but oh well.

As it currently stands we have 5 cracks at addressing the needs of the playing list.
With the potential upside to these players the list is already in a better spot.

Also more than happy for Kennedy & Hurn to continue on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back