25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we have to be right some time.
Falling out between coach and assistant ( former excellent player) seems like things are not a bed of roses right now. Enright jumping ship.
Used three (I think) first round draft picks on Cameron and now have no first rounder or even early second rounder. Not sure how much trade value they have in the players they’ll be prepared to let go.
I don't doubt he will be a good coach because he would know exactly what Scarlet has been doing and being part of a very good backline he was always marshaling the troops down back.

Hayden McLean locked away for 2 years by the Swans. Our ruck options are thinning worse than D-Mac’s hairline.

Hayden McLean locked away for 2 years by the Swans. Our ruck options are thinning worse than D-Mac’s hairline.
Our rucks will be fine, Heath will develop nicely, Hunter is always there as a backup. I'd expect Marshall to take most of the load and possibly be the sole ruck. If you're really that desperate for another one then Mac Andrew is always there to draft.

Wheels falling off at the Cats?
Pre Season for the new recruits has started already :thumbsu:

7jXEwp.gif

Our rucks will be fine, Heath will develop nicely, Hunter is always there as a backup. I'd expect Marshall to take most of the load and possibly be the sole ruck. If you're really that desperate for another one then Mac Andrew is always there to draft.
Mac Andrews at 70kg will take years to put on enough weight to be a front line ruckman, may look good against kids but against 100kg beasts he will be like a flea and a lot of these light kids might not be able to put on bulk with out injury problems.

He is rated in the top 10 , but I wouldn't be surprised he falls dramatically , could prove me wrong but looks like a long term project.

I mean heath/Mac Andrew wouldn't be ready for 3+ years. Hunter hasn't looked great and Ryder might play hf a season this year and the retire.

We need a ruck better than hunter to play half a season this year and play until heath is ready.

Sent from my SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Triple M has just reported that Matty Scarlett has had a massive “disagreement” with senior coach after Dees loss and has walked out of the club.
No official confirmation if he has quit but watch this space!!

With Enright coming to us, Knights to WC, Scarlett walking, their aging list are they setting up for a 2022 tank?

If I didn't know you, and you wanted to convince me you were a good bloke, all you would need to say is "I once had a disagreement with Matthew Scarlett".

What's the go with Nathan Krueger from Cats..with Enright on board he could be the defender we need..22y old, 196cm plus from South Adelaide which has been a good hunting ground for us last few years..out of contract and will come cheap
Would love this guy at his low price point. Moves really really well and has good skills for a tall, something that is completely underrated and would complement the smooth moving, skilful big man department we already have. I hope Enright taps him on the shoulder!

On paper, he seems like an exceptional person to coach defense. Another appointment that I think shows we have the right people in charge of the club right now.
Correct. Who better to coach your defence than a player who has done it all and more in that part of the ground. Light on for coaching experience as in about 3/4 years but thats ok. Comes from a winning culture. What would'nt he know about backline play? Horses for courses. If the club can do better than that well, lets see it.

It’s very impressive and I’m wrapped we have

But how many of those things did Clarkson have

Yep, playing ability is not any indicator of coaching ability.
Amazing how many people, even in footy clubland think it is...they made hird a coach lol.

I don't think Butler would have gone at 1 goal a game this year and held his spot through pressure acts. If Long could play as a second pressure forward with similar out put I think he could play there.
When you think about that, who's spot would Long take? King, Butler, Higgins, Membrey, Sharman, Gresham , Kent and ( possible recruit) resting ruck like marshall. As said previously , this is a strong forward line and some of these guys wont be there in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back