Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
I think gold coat would ship him for a second his in and out of the side and they have some players that are similar. In terms of what he brings, I'm hesitant to critique his numbers heavily considering his played half forward for one of the worst teams in the comp for his whole young career. I think he fills a similar pressure role to what Smith is trying to play and although he lacks the tackling ability at the moment I think that can be developed with a bit of mental application. Apart from that though for his size his actually very good in the air and gets up the ground those sorts of quick link up players are extraordinary to have. He was drafted pick 4 and I think if dodo could swindle him for a second its great business.
The two third round picks I suggested have the same points value as a later second rounder. Ainsworth hasn’t set the world on fire at GCS. I highly doubt he’s commanding a price higher than that. His draft number is irrelevant.

I think gold coat would ship him for a second his in and out of the side and they have some players that are similar. In terms of what he brings, I'm hesitant to critique his numbers heavily considering his played half forward for one of the worst teams in the comp for his whole young career. I think he fills a similar pressure role to what Smith is trying to play and although he lacks the tackling ability at the moment I think that can be developed with a bit of mental application. Apart from that though for his size his actually very good in the air and gets up the ground those sorts of quick link up players are extraordinary to have. He was drafted pick 4 and I think if dodo could swindle him for a second its great business.
He's a good player and I'd hope the club has talked to him

If we could get him for a 2nd no doubt it would be great business

We've got Wright, Jones, McBride, Baldwin and Eyre who can potentially fill that role, plus if we want Reid and potentially one of the rucks. So we've got lots and lots of options. Lloyd and Lucas were pretty skinny when they first started to.

This is a little confusing to me. You've listed three KP Forwards we've already got in the forward line. So technically, we don't need anymore unless we want to upgrade some (which some clearly believe we need to do). You then list two more players who can do that. We've also got Eyre, Reid, and the option of playing a ruck forward who are also options.

That's 5 players outside the current best 22 who will be trying to develop to be better. Outside of KP back, what other position do we have 1.2 players in the VFL fighting for each AFL spot? All youngsters with potential.

Certainly not the midfield. There for the 8 spots we've got 7 locks (Merret, Parish, Shiel, McGrath, Langford, Stringer & Caldwell), three good young prospects fighting over the last spot (Perkins, Cox, Durham) and then some older depth (Clarke, Guelfi, Cutler). Even including the older players, that means the midfield has 0.7 players in the VFL for every senior spot.

I'd prefer to fill the position for which we have almost no depth than the one which has almost 2 depth players for every senior spot there is in the team.

I’d be trying to turn one of those #2 KPF’s into a more powerful #2. With Baldwin, he is coming off two ACL’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Free hit at Brayden Sier? Been delisted

If Weideman was any sort of certainty of becoming as good as posters here seem to be suggesting we wouldn't be getting him for a handful of 3rd round picks as posters here also seem to be suggesting. Melbourne want to sign him so he won't be going anywhere at a firesale price either way.

If he's not a good chance of becoming as good as posters here seem to be suggesting then why not just stick with developing the forwards we already have?

I watched him a few times this year. I'd rather Wright and Jones, maybe even Francis.

All this talk of power KPF . In reality how many of them are there ? McKay and Hawkins the big two . Kennedy has been. There are never many stand and mark KPF who are consistent . Dixon isn't . Most of the others are lead up forwards. I am not 100% sold on you needing a brute. I will say again it is more about system and we have a few that will be better as far as working in a better organized forward line .

All this talk of power KPF . In reality how many of them are there ? McKay and Hawkins the big two . Kennedy has been. There are never many stand and mark KPF who are consistent . Dixon isn't . Most of the others are lead up forwards. I am not 100% sold on you needing a brute. I will say again it is more about system and we have a few that will be better as far as working in a better organized forward line .
Because they're sexy

I agree
however you need your key forward to attack every contest with speed and intent- don’t have to be a huge unit
aaron naughton played a perfect key forwards game last week.
the problem for us is Peter Wright is too passive in too many contests
we would love Harry to turn into a naughton type

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe try a throw a bit of money at Sam wicks. Still unsigned.
put something on insta with a signing emoji people think that means he is signing up

The ones who look the most dangerous seem to be the shorter ones around 190-195cm rather than the 200cm guys. Better balance or something.

Well they just announced 4 signatures and he wasn’t 1 of them.
also delisted 4, he seems to be hyping the club up in Insta

Looks likely he'll stay Ronke will go if anyone leaves

Stephens has apparently signed on with Sydney for 2 more years, that's a long wait.
Saying that we were apparently interested in Rosa's, Stephens, Chol this year not waiting on 2 years

Gleeson and D.Clarke have been told to wait after trade period to find their fate in regards to re signing 1 year rookie deals, makes me think we have interest in others....unless it was just waiting on Stephens to re sign and no more targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back