Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To come out after a result like that and say that there is nothing you could have done differently is unforgivable. Not taking responsibility and, instead, throwing the players under the bus just puts a cherry on top. That kind of public, unearned arrogance is something that is toxic. That he gets away with it with apparent impunity shows where the club, its Presidential spiv, its Board and its CEO are at.

I also wonder how many of the 62,000 members Ken has met. I know a few of them off here who would be willing to tell him where to go.
Ken has met none of the members. He may have spoken to some, to many even, but met … ? No way. None.

None.

As a conversationalist he is a zero. And that’s from personal agonising experience. He is gruff, suspicious and always looking for a place to hide from scrutiny. I cannot believe this man has been our AFL senior coach for nine seasons without being found out off-field as well as on-. Nine seasons.

Nine.

The fact he said ‘62,000 members‘ during his interview was revealing. He had been coached himself, like a defence attorney coaches his client, the accused, before said accused steps into the witness box to be grilled. He would have no clue how many Club members there are, nor would he care. He hates Club members, he hates Club supporters; they exist in his eyes just to make his life more difficult, a necessary evil is all we are to him.

When it comes to the players, that’s entirely different. He loves them, he says when it suits. He makes them ‘love‘ him. It’s a strategy for survival. It’s a con. Players are not a necessary evil to him. They are just necessary. He needs them around so he can throw them under the bus at times like this and keep his job, pending his next premature extension. There have been three of those.

Three.

Hinkley has conned his way to where he is, metaphorically selling a used car every step of the way.

His favourite customers are the Victorian media. His most un-favourite customers are Port Adelaide members and supporters; but he’ll sell them each a used car or two if they’re thick enough to fall for his pitch. 90% of them are, according to him.

He has to go.

Go.

Sad but not surprised to see that sort of behaviour directed at you by Ken Oaff, Alyx. The guy is an unhinged nutjob. For the record, he actually called for Ken's head towards the end of the 2019 season if we didn't make the finals. He ended up deleting the post, but not before I screenshot it.

View attachment 1238846

Can you do me a favour and post that to the Port Adelaide Uncut page, there a lot of 10 percenters over there that would love to see this

What's his contract status? And if he is sacked does anyone think he'd land another senior coaching gig. Can't help feel he'd be a good assistant.

Ken has met none of the members. He may have spoken to some, to many even, but met … ? No way. None.

None.

As a conversationalist he is a zero. And that’s from personal agonising experience. He is gruff, suspicious and always looking for a place to hide from scrutiny. I cannot believe this man has been our AFL senior coach for nine seasons without being found out off-field as well as on-. Nine seasons.

Nine.

The fact he said ‘62,000 members‘ during his interview was revealing. He had been coached himself, like a defence attorney coaches his client, the accused, before said accused steps into the witness box to be grilled. He would have no clue how many Club members there are, nor would he care. He hates Club members, he hates Club supporters; they exist in his eyes just to make his life more difficult, a necessary evil is all we are to him.

When it comes to the players, that’s entirely different. He loves them, he says when it suits. He makes them ‘love‘ him. It’s a strategy for survival. It’s a con. Players are not a necessary evil to him. They are just necessary. He needs them around so he can throw them under the bus at times like this and keep his job, pending his next premature extension. There have been three of those.

Three.

Hinkley has conned his way to where he is, metaphorically selling a used car every step of the way.

His favourite customers are the Victorian media. His most un-favourite customers are Port Adelaide members and supporters; but he’ll sell them each a used car or two if they’re thick enough to fall for his pitch. 90% of them are, according to him.

He has to go.

Go.

Maybe next year we need some banners at the game with a simple approach at getting under his skin -
Just have large banners with 10% on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken doesn't understand percentages does he? I know about 20 fans that I chat with personally and not 1 wants him here. How this equates to 10% I do not know.
He's talked to 6,000 members and they all want him gone. This is about 10% of the membership base.

His favourite customers are the Victorian media.
He's on record saying he takes said media ^ to lunch whenever he can while in Melb. Schmoozing message carrier's a shrewd tactic.

About as shrewd as getting Jordan on the Club's payroll hey. Urgh your too clever for us moite.

Last edited:
Ken doesn't understand percentages does he? I know about 20 fans that I chat with personally and not 1 wants him here. How this equates to 10% I do not know.

I know at least a dozen long time supporters who have had enough of kern and koch, 3 or 4 of them post here but most don't, and from discussions with a number of them, which included feedback from others they have contact with who I don't know, the level of dis-satisfaction could be well north of 10%, and possibly even 2 to 3 times that figure.

Depending on covid restrictions, crowd levels at Adelaide oval games could provide an answer fairly early in season 2022, as there are a number of hard core Port supporters on this site who have said they will renew but not attend games, and I doubt they are alone in that thinking.

Taking all of the above into account it will be no great surprise to see a significant drop off in membership numbers too, as unfortunately that, and non attendance at games appear to be the only way to get the message across.

Interestingly, Tredders went back and edited his comment relating to Chewy316's post. Wonder if the club has had a word to him already?

View attachment 1239073
I find it hilarious that Tredrea feels the need to censor himself over what is an inoffensive, fairly bland and non-controversial facebook comment whilst his Twitter is littered with likes supporting nutcases like Craig Kelly, Palmer, anti-vaxxers and lock down protestors. And then he went on radio and doubled down on those views. I'm fairly sure having fringe views about COVID are far more likely to damage your career than wanting to sack Hinkley. Strange

I find it hilarious that Tredrea feels the need to censor himself over what is an inoffensive, fairly bland and non-controversial facebook comment whilst his Twitter is littered with likes supporting nutcases like Craig Kelly, Palmer, anti-vaxxers and lock down protestors. And then he went on radio and doubled down on those views. I'm fairly sure having fringe views about COVID are far more likely to damage your career than wanting to sack Hinkley. Strange

What have Clive and Craig said about Hinkley?

Rowe more than likely borrowed the term from the initiator of it, which was Koch.
Rowe loves to stir s**t, he loved every minute of us getting flogged and he’ll play on the port supporters turning on Hinkley all year next season. He knows exactly what to say to stir things up. He loves it. In the same way Cornes knows how to push the crows buttons.

Rowe loves to stir sh*t, he loved every minute of us getting flogged and he’ll play on the port supporters turning on Hinkley all year next season. He knows exactly what to say to stir things up. He loves it. In the same way Cornes knows how to push the crows buttons.

Still, the term came from Koch, which was said towards the supporters, the club he leads.

Rowe wasn't scathing on Hinkley. I'd welcome Rowe's heat on Ken but he hasn't been and is unlikely to give the heat. The most he does is remind us that we have Ken as coach, the last thing he wants is for Port to force Ken out of the senior coaching position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back