Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How’d our bloke go today?
When we beat Westies in the last round to secure a spot in the final five, I booked annual leave in for the prelim (being hospo, I’m always working Friday & Saturday nights) just in case we made it.

After watching whilst sitting at home in Melbourne lockdown this time last year, Ume very thankful to be able to attend these games now. We’ve knocked off North & now Norwood, who both finished above us & are on a roll.

Last week was awesome, even in terrible weather. Today i couldn’t attend with all my family & mates, but I cannot wait for next Friday night.

My crew all came to my work for celebratory drinks after the game & my brother took me aside. He said ‘You are so lucky to be getting Jason Horne. He was head & shoulders above his opponents today. For a kid, he is so aggressive & is so passionate about the jumper he’s wearing. He’s going to be an absolute star.’

Hopefully I can, at the very least see some highlights.

Bring on Friday & bring on North selecting him as number 1.

I hope your recruiter selects Darcy at one forcing the dogs to spend 2400 points on him and then Daicos at 2 costing the pies 2014 points. Pies will be in the wilderness for 10 years but the dogs will probably win flag and next year Ugle Hagan will improve and they'll have Darcy. Picking Darcy first costs them 386 more points denying them in effect pick 40.

I hope your recruiter selects Darcy at one forcing the dogs to spend 2400 points on him and then Daicos at 2 costing the pies 2014 points. Pies will be in the wilderness for 10 years but the dogs will probably win flag and next year Ugle Hagan will improve and they'll have Darcy. Picking Darcy first costs them 386 more points denying them in effect pick 40.

CE29F07A-5374-4AFD-8220-7087801EDEBA.jpeg

What’s in it for us?

I prefer the option where we benefit directly, as opposed to some sort of Sklansky-dollar arrangement whereby we collect some non-transferrable Venezuelan Peso’s at a future date based on making the correct decision in theory. No no no no no no no no.

Our future is asking for the number 1 mantle, he’s requested it so we would be crazy not to give it to him.

He wants to be attacked Jack-Watts styles in his first game, campaigners begging for it. He’s unwell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth would one select Darcy before JHF?

The draft is to improve your team, not worry about what others re getting.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would you seriously want your club to do that and risk recruiting Sam Darcy at #1? This is the first top pick NMFC has ever had, first chance to pick the best player in the draft - doubt they want to play games with it.

I'm a hopeless romantic, if JHF aspires to be the first pick and deserves it then I'm happy to see him rewarded for his work. Either way I'd support what the club decides, i can't see them bidding on two other players first though, possibly one.

Why on earth would one select Darcy before JHF?

The draft is to improve your team, not worry about what others re getting.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

This whole bidding thing to spite others is not the way to go imo. We do what's in our interests, which in my view is to take JHF at pick 1 - he wants, and will revel in it (unlike say Jack Watts, who arguably never got over the burden). Brings us a marketing asset, membership interest etc - playing funny buggers to mess around other teams around contributes nothing to our club

Now now. We can’t be “malicious “ to the bullflogs again . That just wouldn’t be fair.

It's a team sport. While giving Jason the #1 mantle if he wants it is a nice bonus, if it's in the club's interest to kneecap other sides to improve our overall draft positions that takes priority.
Yes I get that angle on it, but is that more a thing on BF than it is in reality? If we're doing side deals with Dogs or Pies not to bid in return for something else, is that not draft tampering and likely to attract official interest of a critical kind?

Yes I get that angle on it, but is that more a thing on BF than it is in reality? If we're doing side deals with Dogs or Pies not to bid in return for something else, is that not draft tampering and likely to attract official interest of a critical kind?

We saw what happened to Fremantle when they went into deficit, their first rounder slid back a pick or two the following year. It would be negligent of North not to at least place a bid on Daicos, as Pies will be there abouts with us next year, and them sliding back a few picks could well mean our first pick slides forward.

We saw what happened to Fremantle when they went into deficit, their first rounder slid back a pick or two the following year. It would be negligent of North not to at least place a bid on Daicos, as Pies will be there abouts with us next year, and them sliding back a few picks could well mean our first pick slides forward.
time will tell. We're paying good people, good money to make these decisions, so hopefully they get it right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back