List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

I can’t believe it’s having to be said in yet another thread, but if people can’t play the ball without playing the man then they can’t play.

Not sure how the podcast has become the talk of the town but if you want to talk about it a month after the final ep of the season for some reason, use the right thread.

There are people who would like to talk about contracts and list management who shouldn’t need to scroll through whatever virtual dick measuring contest has been going on here for the past 24 hours.

I can’t believe it’s having to be said in yet another thread, but if people can’t play the ball without playing the man then they can’t play.

Not sure how the podcast has become the talk of the town but if you want to talk about it a month after the final ep of the season for some reason, use the right thread.

There are people who would like to talk about contracts and list management who shouldn’t need to scroll through whatever virtual dick measuring contest has been going on here for the past 24 hours.
Unsettling I have to sit at the footy with said posters most weeks, so glad Dark Sharks has my back and he can enforce his no dickheads rulez at a mo's notice. :moustache::thumbsu:

Agree with posters saying that the void for ruck needs to be filled.

What do WAFL watchers think of Matthew Germs from Swans? 200cm 100kg wins plenty of hit outs.....am I missing something? Are there better alternatives at state level?

I think Gems would be a great choice of a Ruckman. Thought that when watching the WAFL finals.

I agree with this, but ultimately what’s the point in making the 8 and being flicked straight out by the many teams that have surpassed us?

Retire Hurn and Kennedy and let’s start rebuilding now.
We need to toughen up mentally too. Bulldogs may win a premiership this year coming from 5th spot and no home ground Melbourne advantage. I know its against the odds us winning from outside the top 4 but it should not be as big a issue as we make it.

It seems our team thinks like we do. Outside the top 4 and we have no chance. We need the players to stop thinking this way. I look forward to seeing what the new coaches can bring to this team.

And I would keep Kennedy. Still easily our best forward. Another year of him with Allen is a good thing, because once Kennedy goes, I doubt he will be hanging around the club much to tutor Allen/Williams/Waterman.

We blundered with Brander. Have wasted pick 13 picking "best available" rather then need and screwed up his development trying to make him a midfielder that he was highly unlikely to be.

Probably get a pick in the 30-40's back for him on a trade

Thats Fremantle level poor
I get the felling we get nothing for him and he just walk into the pre season draft

Yes and there is that too.

Hope our List Mgmt and Recruiters keep an eye on these two WA young ruckmen............ and bring them home.

Shannon NEALE - Geelong
Kalin LANE - Brisbane

This years Draft ruck cohort is bog average and the worst I can remember for many years.

Unfortunately getting Neale would involve dealing with Geelong again :(

This is ******* bullshit.

He's coming off a career best season showing improvement every year!

And this is on top of you spuds not having a proper role for him and making him play everything from mid, to wing, to forward, to full back in the WAFL.

And of course he gets dropped straight away from the senior team if he puts one toe out of line, whilst Allen can be useless for half a year with a stuffed elbow.

Bash ya survey up your ass Nesbitt and O'Brien's you stupid pricks.
Do we have a demoralising culture ? Young players with no confidence . Then in the games getting whacked with no fighting spirit .

Unfortunately getting Neale would involve dealing with Geelong again :(

Good point .

A little rewrite may be in order .

Take two.

Let's just go after Kalin Lane. - Brisbane.

Kalin Lane for Jarrod Cameron.

Disappointed with the Brander scenario.

If he's lacking the talent, the recruitment team need to be flogged over this. His draft year performances saw him drop from a #1 contender to being overlooked through a dozen picks. What compelled the eagles to draft a tall they didn't need that for (evidently) good reason wasn't rated anymore?

If he's lacking development, or was developed incorrectly, then the repercussions are even more serious because we're bringing 5-6 kids into this system every year.

But at the crux of it is the career of a young man, so callously mismanaged by the club and now discarded like a mere commodity.

Do we have a demoralising culture ? Young players with no confidence . Then in the games getting whacked with no fighting spirit .
If this is the case I want to know what’s changed behind closed doors. 2018, we debuted more players than any team in the comp. Venables, Cole, Waterman, Rioli, Ryan all played their part, with bit part contributions from Allen, Petch, Brander. Plus the guys we’ve become comfortable with now eg your Sheed/Duggan/Nelson etc all being three years younger.

Dad’s Army it was not. You can’t sustain league most debuts pace obviously, at some point you run out of kids to debut beyond that year’s crop, but if we’re not empowering kids to take that next step then what’s changed since when we did? Same question could be asked of so many facets of the program right now sadly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sucks for Brander. Drafted high to the club he supports then gets played out of position for 4 years and dropped at the slightest misstep while other out of form players get a free ride. The the CEO says publicly that he’s on the table.

We’ve bottled every element of his recruitment and development. Shouldn’t have even drafted the poor guy.

Good point .

A little rewrite may be in order .

Take two.

Let's just go after Kalin Lane. - Brisbane.

Kalin Lane for Jarrod Cameron.
Alas with Brissie getting rid of Smith, I don't like our chances.

Here's one from left field. How about Brayden Crossley. His ban would be up, could bring some real agro, finds the pill and can hit the scoreboard.
I'd be he's the type to really prove himeself this time after the f up.

If we can survive 2022 with Nicnat and our collection of backups, we could make a play for English at the end of the year, once he's out of contract.

There is of course, the little snag about English actually being sh*t in the ruck.
We should just bite the bullet and try get a high paid Victorian midfielder to go home .
Solves so many problems .

Get some extra draft picks and salary room

Draft mids with our first and get the dogs first this year then go hard for Luke Jackson next season . We will have 2022 +2023 firsts to do it and the salary cap room

Dad’s Army it was not. You can’t sustain league most debuts pace obviously, at some point you run out of kids to debut beyond that year’s crop, but if we’re not empowering kids to take that next step then what’s changed since when we did?
:rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight: Same question could be asked of so many facets of the program right now sadly.:rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight::rotatinglight:

There is always a real danger in the second tier players becoming disenchanted and loosing both empowerment and confidence when you roll out the:

" credits in the bank " bullsh*t line.

Playing favourites, in any organisation is always cancerous.

Players who aren't performing in the senior team should be dropped when it's warranted as this gives kids an opportunity to play at the higher level and ply their wares.

This breeds a more competitive culture for the entire list and more intense competition for spots in the starting 22.

If the match committee don't have the balls to back in and support the kids then it's no wonder that self doubt emerges in their minds.

That IMO coupled with both the jobs for the boys ( for life ) attitude and the staid, stale approach of not doing a coaching refresh as frequently as is necessary,
( because clearly our coaching team 2020-21 had run out of new ideas ) has lead us to where we are today - an average team that has grossly underachieved for three seasons on the trot.

The good news :whitecheck: is that we now appear to be addressing this area of need, having just appointed Schofield and Knights to the coaching group, with an indication that third new face may be added as well.

Good Start :whitecheck::whitecheck:: But we need the refresh to go deeper.

I know this bloke has his loyal fans on here, but as I have been saying for a while now, this bloke needs to go ASAP.
He is no where near the best in the industry and the very fact that we have assigned a duel role to reward his incompetence just worries the sh*t out of me.

This bloke needs the boot.

download-1.jpg

And by way of suggestion: Michael Ablett would make an excellent addition to our recruiting team ... and the lead role is not above his capabilities.
Those who are not familiar with his CV, do yourself a favour and check out his body of work in the industry .

download-2.jpg

Heck he even looks good already in Blue and Yellow.

download-3.jpg

The powers to be at the Club need a good kick up the arse for the multiple layers on incompetence, that are starting to reveal themselves at the Club on their watch.

I have been concerned about this for a while now, we have become like a giant conglomerate that has been drinking way too much of its own bathwater and taken its eyes off the basics.

Now this may seem petty but to me it's a good indication of how tardy we have become.

As yourself this question: in a previous time with more attentive management would you have ever seen a utensil up like this on game day ?

images-1.jpg images.jpg

Like i said, this may seem a relatively small incompetence in the grand the scheme of things ......BUT ..... from little things big things grow.

Is it a once off, or is it indicative of where our management head space is, has it taken it's eye off the ball and are now asleep at the wheel ?

Last edited:
Nice to hear.

Another issue with Kelly’s contract is that we are restricted today. It should have kicked in 2 years from now the big money. Kicking it in now has hamstung is in our perceived premiership window and also cost us at a time when flexibility is required. If Kelly’s contract was properly done, Jordan Clark would be a Eagles player in 2 months time. This terrible decision around everything to do with his contract has stuffed that up. Now Freo can waltz in and nab a bargain unchallenged
Does this have something to do with Darren Glass’ departure?

I'm reminded of the old saying " you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" Brander is hardly the first highish draft pick to not come on as expected.
All the commentary about him being played out of position bemuses me, what is his position? he is a million miles from being a KPP as some suggest is his spot. The real incompetence was in his drafting not his development. He had ample opportunity to show he could be an AFL player. He is too soft to play wing/flank so he's really a CHF is a logic fail of the first order. It's a bust, wish the young fella the best of luck and move on.

Disappointed with the Brander scenario.

If he's lacking the talent, the recruitment team need to be flogged over this. His draft year performances saw him drop from a #1 contender to being overlooked through a dozen picks. What compelled the eagles to draft a tall they didn't need that for (evidently) good reason wasn't rated anymore?

If he's lacking development, or was developed incorrectly, then the repercussions are even more serious because we're bringing 5-6 kids into this system every year.

But at the crux of it is the career of a young man, so callously mismanaged by the club and now discarded like a mere commodity.
Jack Watts whent #1. The draft is an estimate at best. To think Brander has been callously mismanaged is laughable. He is a soft uncompetative tall who lacks the agility and poise to be a good mid, as deminstrated by his WAFL and AFL games.

Jack Watts whent #1. The draft is an estimate at best. To think Brander has been callously mismanaged is laughable. He is a soft uncompetative tall who lacks the agility and poise to be a good mid, as deminstrated by his WAFL and AFL games.
I just don't agree . Brander is very agile for his size .
The rest is pretty spot on though

There is always a real danger in the second tier players becoming disenchanted and loosing both empowerment and confidence when you roll out the:

" credits in the bank " bullsh*t line."

Playing favourites, in any organisation is always cancerous.

Players who aren't performing in the senior team should be dropped when it's warranted as this gives kids an opportunity to play at the higher level and ply their wares.

This breeds a more competitive culture for the entire list and more intense competition for spots in the starting 22.

If the match committee don't have the balls to back in and support the kids then it's no wonder that self doubt emerges in their minds.

That IMO coupled with both the jobs for the boys ( for life ) attitude and the staid, stale approach of not doing a coaching refresh as frequently as is necessary,
( because clearly our coaching team 2020-21 had run out of new ideas ) has lead us to where we are today - an average team that has grossly underachieved for three seasons on the trot.

The good news :whitecheck: is that we now appear to be addressing this area of need, having just appointed Schofield and Knights to the coaching group, with an indication that third new face may be added as well.

Good Start :whitecheck::whitecheck:: But we need the refresh to go deeper.

I know this bloke has his loyal fans on here, but as I have been saying for a while now, this bloke needs to go ASAP.
He is no where near the best in the industry and the very fact that we have assigned a duel role to reward his incompetence just worries the sh*t out of me.

This bloke needs the boot.

View attachment 1239922

And by way of suggestion: Michael Ablett would make an excellent addition to our recruiting team ... and the lead role is not above his capabilities.
Those who are not familiar with his CV, do yourself a favour and check out his body of work in the industry .

View attachment 1239927

Heck he even looks good already in Blue and Yellow.

View attachment 1239925

The powers to be at the Club need a good kick up the arse for the multiple layers on incompetence, that are starting to reveal themselves at the Club on their watch.

I have been concerned about this for a while now, we have become like a giant conglomerate that has been drinking way too much of its own bathwater and taken its eyes off the basics.

Now this may seem petty but to me it's a good indication of how tardy we have become.

As yourself this question: in a previous time with more attentive management would you have ever seen a utensil up like this on game day ?

View attachment 1239944 View attachment 1239945

Like i said, this may seem a relatively small incompetence in grand the scheme of things ......BUT ..... from little things big things grow.

Is it a once off, or is it indicative of where our management head space is, has it taken it's eye off the ball and are now asleep at the wheel ?

9AB20CB3-7F92-40AB-A825-4F429E85002C.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back