No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another hired purely as a deflector shield to mask the board's own issues

Last coach that had any sort of backing was Malthouse and he was only there out of spite
Yeah its obvious they need to clean out from the top and work from there. They aren't going to succeed with the muppets they presenty have at the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else notice Hamish single handedly kill off all the drama in the room before the last round when he read out what Wines and Bont's stat's were before the last round started? 34 possessions and a goal against 15 and a goal. What a colossal *******. I think after that the only person in the room - or across the country - that didn't know Wines was about to win was Hamish McTavish.

Not only is he close to if not the worst commentator going round at the moment, but he's just as bad as a presenter or host.
Did he get the Auskick kids right ?

1632142112123.png

Brisbane legend Michael Voss could be appointed the new coach of Carlton as early as Tuesday after Alastair Clarkson knocked back the Blues for the final time on Monday afternoon.

Port Adelaide senior assistant Voss emerged as the raging favourite over the weekend after a series of impressive Zoom interviews with the Blues coaching subcommittee.

It comes little more than two years after Voss was left disillusioned by a Blues interview process that overlooked him for David Teague.

Clarkson was contacted by new Carlton chief executive Brian Cook over the weekend and made it clear on Monday he did not want to be involved in the Blues coaching process.

Michael Voss’ grip is tightening on the Carlton coaching job. Picture: Getty Images

Michael Voss’ grip is tightening on the Carlton coaching job. Picture: Getty Images

He has repeatedly said since parting ways with Hawthorn that he would have a season-long sabbatical from football.

Former North Melbourne coach Brad Scott and former St Kilda and Fremantle coach Ross Lyon both declined to take part in the Carlton interview process under football director Greg Williams.

It paves the way for the Blues’ board to ratify Voss’ appointment as early as Monday night.

The hall of famer and triple premiership Lions captain, one of footy’s most fearsome midfielders, perfectly marries with Carlton’s desire to drive a harder edge at the club with strong relationships but a more aggressive focus on high performance.

Cook was keen to make contact with Voss this week after his last-ditched bid to change Clarkson’s mind failed.

Clarkson confirmed on Fox Footy’s AFL 360 on Monday night that he had been approached by Cook about coaching again in 2022.

“I spoke to Cooky over the weekend and appreciated the call enormously and was respectful of the approach but I am sticking to what I said six or eight weeks ago,” Clarkson said.

“I have only got two gears — flat out or stop and I am not ready to go flat out again.

“My family and I had always looked at the end of next year as time we would make a decision on what we would do.

“Some different circumstances made it unfold this year which meant it pushed its way earlier than anticipated.

“I said to Cooky on the phone, I grew up in an era where I felt like the best footy in the 1970s and early’ 80s was the Carltons and Essendons of that period of time. And Collingwood competed too. They were bridesmaids but they competed.

“So I couldn’t respect Carlton and Collingwood more. And the lure to coach those clubs is right sitting there in front of your face.

“Do you want to put your hand up to see if you would be elected to coach those sides?

“But it wasn’t strong enough to overpower my thinking of what my family and I need now and it is a 12 months’ spell.”

Assistant coach [PLAYERCARD]Cameron Bruce[/PLAYERCARD] has departed the Blues. Picture: Michael Klein

Assistant coach Cameron Bruce has departed the Blues. Picture: Michael Klein

Carlton will have almost a completely new coaching panel next season after the club announced on Monday that Cameron Bruce was leaving to take an assistant coaching role with Brisbane.

Bruce is the latest member of Carlton’s 2021 coaching panel to depart Ikon Park, including Teague and assistants John Barker, Dale Amos and Brent Stanton.

Head of development Luke Power looks likely to stay with the club.

Two years ago, Voss was the only contender alongside caretaker coach David Teague to fill the vacancy left by sacked Blues coach Brendon Bolton.

But despite the strong support of Carlton great Chris Judd, who suggested the club did not want a coach with training wheels, Teague swept into the permanent role after a rousing late-season audition.

Voss felt used by the Blues in that process as his interview was made public even though Teague was almost certain to win the role.

Port Adelaide’s hierarchy believe he is perfectly placed to make a better fist of senior coaching after his five seasons with Brisbane from 2009-2013.

The AFL Hall of Famer and Richmond’s Adam Kingsley have both made strong presentations to the Blues subcommittee.

"The Carlton board had met in recent weeks and agreed to pay whatever luxury tax it would cost to get Alastair Clarkson and whichever assistants he brought in."

Caroline Wilson says the Blues were willing to exceed the soft cap to get Clarkson.

#9FootyClassified | Watch Channel 9

E80BEA40-6137-4F9B-868C-9CE824CFE0AB.gif

As someone that is vaxxed, I can tell you I'll be going to every Tigers game I can get to next year. This year highlighted how enjoyable it is being there and supporting the team. Can't wait to sing the song as Carlton walk off the ground in round 1.

i doubt there will be crowds at the footy next year, if the penny hasnt dropped yet , i dont mind sayin thaen that Victoria is the worlds test case
on this whole production,whole of earth is lookin on,so might as well strap yaselves in for the rest of the movie,Vee'd or not, u wont be goin to the footy
next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back